Linux has an active community

>linux has an active community
>6 years to fix a bug everyone has

>Thank you all for testing. The patch is in master now and will be part of the 12.0 release. I will (finally, after five and a half years) close this bug.

bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58746

Attached: 2lOPr.png (852x468, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=24826
bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17205
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fix a bug everyone has
nobody uses bluetooth audio

Fuck off, I do.

Me too.

you are not everyone

They do it for free

Not nobody either

>not using bluetooth headphones

What year is this?

How many years did this one take?

Attached: 2018-05-12--1526151991_806x141_scrot.png (806x141, 26K)

Wireless headphones aren't the most pointless invention of this millennium, but they aren't far from it.

>not listening music with brain waves

What year is this?

meh

It's good for retards like me. You have no idea how many headphones I killed by forgetting it's on my fucking head and standing up.

>Not measuring pressure changes in the surrounding air to discern harmonic melodies
Fuckin newfag

Attached: TheyArrRookTheSame.jpg (2000x2000, 390K)

I assume you are connected to us via ethernet cable too?

I use wireless headphones but they're not bluetooth. I use Debian with GNOME and didn't have idea that bug even existed. That's what you get for buying cheap hardware.

Yes. What do you think I am, a phoneposter? I moved about three months ago and still haven't bothered to set up wi-fi. Plugged in a cable and called it done.

>eeryone who uses bt headphones

There's pretty stupid bugs that goes on unresolved close to a decade in chromium and chromium like browsers

bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=24826

bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17205

Yet another year when Bluetooth $((VERSION_NUMBER+1)) promises better performance and easier use but still delivers random dropouts, another battery to worry about running out, reduced audio quality, and a more complex and irritating process for moving headphones from one device to another than yanking a wire out of one hole and sticking it into another.

I would if I was in wire distance of my router. Solid gigabit beats the hell out of 300 mbit theoretical performance with random packet drops and lag spikes.

No further questions.

Performance? Dropouts?
I'm gonna tell you how it works and you will not like it.
>turn on headphones
>have sound
>plug in cable to compare
>same sound

In what year are you stuck?

well, that was not a bug but a different implementation of text encoding.

I'm gonna tell you how it works and you will not like it.
>lay on bead
>receiver earthing is on the opposite side of the computer
>hear sound artifacts when I move my head
>have to angle my head in certain way to have good sound
If you purchase a headset with 4 or 5 yards of wire you don't face this problem.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

>to dumb too plug bt receiver in front panel usb

He is pulling these examples out of his ass.
Never in his life has he owned a decent pair of headphones.
It's like saying I don't buy diesel engines because every time I drive my diesel car it stops on the middle of the highway. What do you even answer to this?

t. Certified Wangblows shill

Attached: Surekid.png (720x757, 441K)

>implying

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-12 16-38-17.png (1920x1080, 298K)

And what do I do with the receiver in my head idiot? Am I supposed to chop off my head and sew it backwards? Then my eyes would be facing the wrong way and if I turned to lie facing the screen, the receiver would be on the wrong side again.
>hurr duhrr just rearrange your whole room then
No. Cables are superior.
>Never in his life has he owned a decent pair of headphones.
>Invest thousands in wireless when you could invest $30 on a wired set that gives you the same quality
Top brainlet.

Nice virtual machine fagot

Attached: nl.jpg (1600x1200, 469K)

you're supposed to bring at least one (1) receiver close to the other, not necessarily both.

>close
Close has nothing to do with it retard. It's about my head being in between them.

Mine were 130€ on amazon, which really isn't a lot.
I assume that you never had anything in that price range, since you are glorifying 30€ wired headphones here.

Do you live with your parents?

>what a $30 set does, you can do with a $130 set, plus the added inconvenience of battery and signal issues
>therefore the $130 option is superior
>and your basically ad homosexual XD XD XD
Retard. Keep grasping at straws asshole. You need to rationalize your meme decisions.

but I have no signal issues

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1423451608249.jpg (1024x768, 644K)

>I-I only pay $100 more for the same thing and get battery issues thrown in for free
>Ha! See how I was right?
Absolute idiot.

but it's wireless

G N O M E
N O M E G
O M E G N
M E G N O
E G N O M

whos the qt in the right?

>Bluetooth
It's a pain in the ass to resolder my connectors, but I doubt there is anything like my (relatively cheap) planar headphones that is wireless.

Attached: IMG_20180512_215330.jpg (1280x720, 461K)

>pay 30$ for shitty wired headphone
>cable gets yanked
>headphone drops and breaks
>buy another
>repeat
or
>buy good quality bt headphone
I wonder what's the better option here

whats the bitrate of the wireless protocol those headphones use?

That basically made the program useless for a lot of common use cases, by this logic OP's is not a bug but a different implementation of bluetooth.

Attached: 1518194753678.jpg (2001x1500, 500K)

>Performance?
The audio quality is really very good, but it isn't perfect, and why make any sacrifices? What am I gaining in exchange? Needing to charge 2 things instead of 1? Making myself susceptible to interference? Making the wire between my IEMs and phone not snag on things is as simple as putting it inside my sweater or shirt.

>Dropouts?
It seems to work perfectly for some people and not others. I don't know if some brands of Bluetooth adapters or headphones are just shit, or if I have interference of some sort. But whenever I try Bluetooth audio, it works fine for a little bit and then I start getting short little drops of maybe 1/10 of a second every minute or so. This is very acceptable and barely even noticeable in a call, but it really breaks the mood when I'm listening to music.

Happily my IEMs have a switchable cord, and I can remove the Bluetooth one and use a normal 3.5mm one to get a flawless experience.

>I'm gonna tell you how it works and you will not like it.
I would fucking LOVE it if it was like that. Alas every time they have promised this and I bought another Bluetooth device it always fucks up in some way and then a year later they come out with some new Bluetooth innovation and tell me I need a new phone and new headphones to use it.

Meanwhile in wire land, the same technology has been used for 50+ years. I can plug my state of the art phone into my friend's retro hifi and it just works. And if my IEMs still work in 20 years I know they will work with anything that has a headphone jack.

You also fail to mention that sometimes people want to listen to their computer, sometimes their phone, and sometimes their friend's phone. With 3.5mm technology, it's a simple unplug-plug operation to switch devices; and a $2 splitter will allow 2 people to listen at once.

They are not wireless, user. That's the point.
I'm waiting for new connectors from China.

I also had an AMP+DAC combo just for them, but USB on the DAC died and I'm currently using them directly from laptop.

Mine have fallen a couple of times at least.
Besides dents in the grill, they work the same as before.

Also, don't wireless headphones have shitty DACs inside them? So there is no way to get proper quality?

>cable gets yanked
>headphone drops and breaks
Ay lol, someone bought into the shitty Apple/Apple-wannabe no-strain-relief meme. I pull mine out by the cable sometimes and it never hurts it, because it's a quality wire.

Interesting.
According to Jow Forums wireless headphones are literally unusable and trash. But mine just work for some reason.

I honestly can't imagine having to take my headphones off every time I get up from the computer. It's a luxury I will never want to give up.

I use bluetooth audio and I have no issues

>Dual booting windows 10 and kde neon
>get bt headphones and a bt mouse
>on w10 sound cuts with any network activity and mouse lags like crazy
>on linux both work perfectly
How i'm supposed to interpret that?

Attached: 1517702624360.jpg (1024x1200, 84K)

Ay retard learn to read, I wasn't talking about the wire breaking, I was talking about the headphone falling on the ground and fucking shattering into a million pieces

Bad windows drivers

I thought that was going to be a cool feature when I got Bluetooth headphones too. When I go very far with them, like to the bathroom, they make a loud BEEP BEEP indicating connection dropped. When I return sometimes it picks up and just works. Sometimes I have to reconnect or remove and re-pair. And sometimes Windows throws a bitch fit and demands that I reboot to apply the hardware changes.

As you might imagine, I learned to go back to taking them off rather than play russian roulette.

>I was talking about the headphone falling on the ground and fucking shattering into a million pieces
You should buy better hardware.
Mine have actual dents in them and keep working.
(Though the screws are shit. I might need to make new head band for them)

Attached: IMG_20180512_221129.jpg (720x1280, 274K)

>a bug everyone has
People who use bluetooth with a pc are a minority today, and bluetooth wasn't even a common feature back when that bug was first reported. Bluetooth tends to have a pretty good range, so I can't imagine many of the people actually using bluetooth wander far enough from their pcs to disconnect regularly. So more like >obscure bug few people could have noticed

>I wonder what's the better option here
Not treating your headphone cables like shit.

>>obscure bug few people could have noticed
Google it, there are dozens upon dozens of users having this problem.

Notepad's 32 KB limit took over 10 years to fix and I'm pretty sure that affected more users.

project not related to linux.

>using battery shit on devices that are 3 feet away

Back to plebit. Even with bluetooth being a piece of shit standard that makes the mistake of handing a lot of software dev to hardware vendors there is no excuse that bluez, pulseaudio and your average bistrobutor fail that much.

ayy

Shit tier frequency hopping implementation

That could be solved by using other text editor.

And OP problem could be solved by using normal headphones.

ok, but, to be fair people like op blames the whole ecosystem or the whole os for a bug in a driver, by their own logic it would be foult of windows as a whole.

Attached: f6756864.jpg (960x960, 229K)

But that's a completely different solution.

>all of those bluetooth exploits that will never be patched
>ever using or enabling bluetooth

sure, so why are you continuing the shitty logic rather than just calling OP a retard?
we dont need anymore windows vs linux cunts on here

>not a bug, ticket closed
>you have been banned from submitting reports

tell me about their antennas

Most people who know about the alien mind control waves try to block them out with tinfoil hats. These ladies use antennas to help receive them and welcome our new alien overlords.

Fuck off autist

No one wanted image thumbnails either. :^)

>we dont need anymore windows vs linux cunts on here

Attached: 1521816298764.jpg (485x424, 36K)

Give your images better names than "1236847874s.jpg" or "2018-05-12 14-32-58.jpg" and you won't need them.

>just do this shitty workaround that barely fixes the problem

The ethos of Linux in full force.

>bluetooth audio
>high fedility

Attached: 7478587457895840495.jpg (900x900, 40K)

>lets add unnecessary points of failure to headphones

You mean, like a wire?

>ever needing high fidelity audio
FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

who needs thumbnails? just learn to organise your images by smell

Attached: 1521588971802.jpg (806x938, 337K)

>being this mad

You should have fixed the bug then.

Your bluetooth headphones still have wires, just internally.
They also have a bluetooth chip, antenna, battery, DAC, amp and buttons in addition to the speakers and wires connecting them that is shared with wired headphones.
And it is considerably easier to replace a wire if it breaks than any of those.

I broke 5 wired headphones by forgetting I have them on. I'm just too retarded for wires, it's just not an option for me. Also the freedom to just stand up and walk around is nice.

Expensive wired headphones often use a removable wire. I've even seen $25 wired headphones with this -- it had a normal 3.5mm jack on the headphones themselves and you could use any old "aux wire" with it when the shitty one it came with broke.

And when they don't have a removable one, it's trivial to replace if you have a soldering iron, just 3 or 4 normal size wire-to-board solder joints. A dead Bluetooth device is harder to repair unless it's just a dead Li-ion battery.

I don't understand how everyone keeps talking about the wires breaking, when I clearly said the problem I had with wired was that the speakers themselves turned to dust from hitting the ground. You all incapable of reading or something?

Sturdy headphones can take a few drops, and unless you're a spastic you shouldn't be dropping them that regularly.

This dude is a spaz based on everything they've said so far. Looks like everyone here is incapable of reading. It looks like you're having a conversation with yourself instead of the dude who posted this.

>I'm just too retarded for wires
As long as we are agreed it is your problem.

Did you read the rest of the thread before replying? I am often lost in thoughts, so I just stop noticing that I'm wearing headphones, like I don't notice that I wear glasses, it's like they become part of my body, it doesn't matter how sturdy they are, they WILL break. Is it that hard to comprehend someone might have a reason not to want wires attached to their body? Is it REALLY that hard to understand? Jesus christ, it's like I'm talking to ACTUAL retards, the same 2 arguments over and over again.

use that Recent thing, type to search, or sort by date

#Metoo

enjoy anal cancer

Pretty fucking sure you are

Yeah, it's pretty ironic that people are trying to bash you for being a retard, while being completely unable to comprehend something basic.

I've never been dumb enough to drop my headphones but I'd bet my left nut that they wouldn't break upon impact.

ikr? no one uses thumbnails either.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

based