Really, why do you need another MP3 player on WIndows when this gem exists? Truly the ultimate media player...

Really, why do you need another MP3 player on WIndows when this gem exists? Truly the ultimate media player, does everything a Jow Forumsentoomen would want other than run on Linux. Really wish it would somehow get open sourced.

Attached: Winamp-2_1.png (275x348, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chocolatey.org/packages/audacious
youtube.com/watch?v=2fCNrUpNC_A
getwacup.com
sourceforge.net/p/qmmp-dev/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/qmmp/AUTHORS
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>it's not Spotify

dropped

>mp3
Lmao go back to world war 1 grandpa.
Opus is the new lossy king.

Winamp can play opus.

Except it's not the old comfy Winamp I loved.
I'm sticking to Aimp, the superior russian successor.

>2018
>No new version since 2013
>"There's more coming soon"
>New logo since 2017
Vaporware status achieved.

Attached: audacious.png (552x463, 57K)

No Milkdrop though.

i use old winamp on an X60s as the source for a 200WPC $6000 audio system

it meets all expectations

who needs a good version when I don't stream music and Winamp is rock stable even in 2018?

I haven't tried AIMP, but Winamp can play pretty much anything.

AIMP is better

Because foobar with tabbed playlist interface.

*new version, not good version. That said, the older version is good and works fine.

I still use winamp for when I just want to quickly listen to a single file or an album I just downloaded. I use foobar for listening/making my playlists.

>A proper AVS clone will never exist
Why is life such suffering

The only correct answer in the whole thread

I've just accepted that I'm never going to reach that old school level of comfiness that Winamp provided. I just use mpv to play music files from command line now.

kill yourself

>I just use mpv
me 2

sure you do
and i'm the queen of space

winamp was never good. it just happened to exist at the exact time we all discovered we could download and play free music. I distinctly remember being shocked at how long my shitty laptop took to encode a CD to mp3

For me: Sonique was absolutely based. Too bad the company got bought out and ran into the ground at the height of its popularity.

Attached: sonique.jpg (452x370, 57K)

this. stop being a nigger thief, music is cheap now

>Giving the mediajew even a single penny
The state of consumerist Jow Forums

Attached: 1472241500116.png (952x677, 544K)

>winamp, v5.7

Even in death, it still serves

Always used MOC. So damn comfy.

Literally all i need...

I'm thinking of switching to FLAC and Foobar in a few weeks though. Ordered a DAC-x6 and have a HD650, so i think my winamp and 320kbs vbr mp3s are going to be lacking...

Attached: comfy.png (1199x484, 170K)

eww

Attached: 8.png (41x11, 310)

>*new version, not good version. That said, the older version is good and works fine.
Except that's wrong, unless you're some turbofag who thinks Winamp1 was good.

>For me: Sonique was absolutely based. Too bad the company got bought out and ran into the ground at the height of its popularity.
So you were an idiot.
I bet you used RealMusic before that.

commie detected.
KYS.

>who needs a good version when I don't stream music and Winamp is rock stable even in 2018?
They need to add .cue sheet support, newest version doesn't support .cue

Attached: cue.png (1759x843, 85K)

>patent runs out on mp3
>brainwashed monkeys shill new patented format for free
like pottery

>not open source
dropped

Stop shilling spotify and streaming you fucking kikes

Attached: anticloud.png (500x500, 41K)

Yes. Yes. Yes.
>based OP

Winamp handles FLAC just fine

winamp technically works, i'll give it that. its not good though, definitely not great.
it does really kick the llamas ass, though

>implying theft isn't jewier

I convert mp4/opus/ogg to mp3. If its not FLAC, it's mp3!

Attached: bY5XsDW.gif (400x300, 1.9M)

Winamp was the first mp3 player with playlists. The reason it became so big is because it was the very first player which didn't made simple things as playing mp3s a massive pain in the butt.

cue is stupid.

>tfw no comfy musicmatch jukebox

Attached: large_5_MusicMatch Jukebox 5.1-main-window.png (651x459, 65K)

>original still in place
>(((theft)))
Get back in

Attached: 1474335082718.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Paying for music is retarded unless you're getting a physical copy

streaming services are shit quality and if your connection is shit suck even more. No thanks.

>a physical copy
muh physical copy of sound waves

>stuck with the MP3 format

it keeps trying to take over any removable drives i plug in, including my phone and android pad, and it shits itself when it can't work out why the android pad won't roll over and beg when it says so. i end up with second and third winamp processes that just hang.

it was a great player, fifteen years ago, but it's suffering from not having been developed since the company shit itself.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1517496177500.jpg (1052x702, 124K)

Unless you play dsd files, AIMP is pretty much the superior player out there. Foobar is good and does dsd with addons but not as customizable

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

mpv

>cue is stupid.
For normal albums it is stupid, but if you rip mixed albums to separate files instead of 1 audio file + .cue then you're retarded

It really whips the Llama's ass

Attached: 1520363754487.webm (854x480, 2.72M)

why is this guy acting so retarded when he's only adding the sauce and 3 scoops of veggies.

>tfw hungry
>the kebab guy could could have finished in 10 seconds
>he dances around for a minute instead.

oh noes a standard

here you go user :
sudo apt-get install audacious

Attached: 2018-05-13-164030_1920x1080_scrot.png (277x581, 27K)

you can install projectM

Kodi.

just keep use it
nice old software when botnets was not in fashion

>audacious
chocolatey.org/packages/audacious

foobar2k is better in every conceivable way

>prove me wrong

I remember that

Stealing from Jews could be considered both the least and most Jewiest thing you can do.

>image related plays everything

Why bother with other stuff really?
Just asking seriously. Does it have an improved sound quality or something? Managing playlists better?

Attached: 246x0w.jpg (246x246, 5K)

winamp is better for solely music IMO

I just switched to AIMP, got a nice minimalist skin for it. It works well, like most audio players.

CDs can be easily converted to flac.

Screams early 2000s. Works perfectly on wine but it doesn't read FLAC.

>2018
>not using VLC on Windows and Android
But after lurking here for a while and seeing that everyone uses Linux I am not surprised about this new hipster media player.

winamp plays flacs lol

this

vlc is a meme for media library

winamp EQ is better also

oh yeah? then name me something that isn't. software from Jow Forums shilling not allowed

A-Am I doing it right?

Attached: realplayer8.gif (327x272, 23K)

bumblebee
foobar
clementine
mediamonkey

>can't name good media players
>makes up some random shit
nice try mate, but I have never heard of any of them

OK I LAUGHED

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't make them good.
You seriously haven't heard of foobar 2000? Really?

never, probably because it's so bad that it has no relevance

According to the light reflections there's a rave going on right

Nah, I use Clementine.

Thank god for this thread, I recently discovered Warframe crashes all builds of vlc. Even if you tab out, get vlc going, and then tab back in. Idk why. Trying out some alternatives mentioned in this thread now.

Am I the only one thats just not that into listening to music ? All I need is youtube/newpipe

you need a music player that supports DSD audio output like audiogate from korg.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fCNrUpNC_A

It's one of the most popular music players and media sorters in the world, shilled on reddit, Jow Forums, pcworld, all kinds of places. fucking morons.

qmmp supports winamp 2x skins.
Open source.

Attached: serveimage.png (854x359, 104K)

I just use mpv

Winamp is still being updated by DrO
getwacup.com

>Thinks law defines theft.

Slave.

qmmp IS made by the same people who made Winamp.

No.
sourceforge.net/p/qmmp-dev/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/qmmp/AUTHORS

This or CMUS

because I have mplayer and I am a CLI fag

>not ripping to gapless mp3
>not using .apl playlists
>not just using flac in the first place
The only thing .cue is good for is for burning to a CD.

My nigga