People who know speakers...

People who know speakers, I've been using this set of BW-180H for over a decade (Which I'm sure you can tell by the photo) because the audio quality is fantastic, especially for their age. No tinny-ness to the sound or anything. Recently the right channel started crackling, so I got new Stereo MM cables, but now suddenly they aren't working at all. They are super quiet and with crackling. So, it seems what I need is a new set of speakers. What's a good speaker that can give me equivalent audio quality? I don't need a subwoofer, or heavy bass. What I care more about is clarity.

For the record I tested the cable with my phone and it actually started messing it up.

Attached: IMG_20180512_152822.jpg (3456x4608, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882269009&cm_re=speakers-_-82-269-009-_-Product
tomshardware.com/answers/id-3703834/recommendations-clear-sounding-speakers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just buy some budget m audio monitor speakers. That'll do fine and last forever.

What is the stat that I should keep track of for audio clarity? Hertz? I ask because I really know nothing about audio stuff.

hit me right in the nostalgia feels. I had these speakers with my very first computer in ~1997, they were awesome.

Attached: 29788dd22da30965ebf0a25a730976db.jpg (750x659, 74K)

bohmp

I know man, there's a reason I've kept them for nearly 2 decades. The audio quality was so good.

oh man, we had a set of those with our pentium 133. if that's the sound you love, go on ebay and find some altec lansings or cambridge soundworks with the seperate subwoofer, expect to pay about $30 used, they'll blow your fucking mind.

Attached: 71TJPXKE6KL.gif (500x282, 157K)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882269009&cm_re=speakers-_-82-269-009-_-Product How's the Energy CB-20 Speakers?

Attached: 82-269-009-05.jpg (640x480, 16K)

>altec lansings
I second this recommendation. Best audio experience I ever had.

Oh shit my uncle still had these speakers.

Still got my 4.1 Creative speakers FPS 1800 in a box (used to be paired w/my gaming pc & sb audigy 2 zs)
Now I use a set of altec lansing 2.1 w/ asus xonar DGX sound card

Nothing like that color of beige that only comes from well-used 1990s computer equipment

Get some electric lubricant/cleaner.
Carefully pull out the knobs for volume, treble, bass. Now you can clearly see the potentiometers.
Very carefully apply the lubricant/cleaner to the potentiometers, afterwards turn them all the way back and forward to make the agent do its work. Put the plastic knobs back on.
Should do the trick. Regardless, this is regular maintanence on speakers that old.
I know because I have two different speaker sets pushing 13 and 20 years now still in use.

Holy shit. We had those speakers when I was ten. Yeah, I remember them sounding great.

Just apply it into the sockets with the potentiometers? I'll try and find some electric lubricant later on tonight.

Yes, shins the white knobs you will find pic related.
Get some electrical cleaner in there, one or two drops, will do it. Turn it a few times so it gets around in there.

Attached: 5FE75E29-68F7-4C72-A4C2-EED93DF50A80.jpg (220x258, 15K)

I'll give it a try. I mean not like I'm risking much anyway. Thanks for the suggestion, user.

> behind the white knobs
And I guess it goes with saying you need the cleaner INSIDE, so point the nozzle to the bottom of the shaft. Well I guess you can figure it out.
Just get a “electronic cleaner” from your local hardware store, heck even places where you get shit for your car has that stuff.

No problem. It’s just a shame to throw those speakers out of it can be easily fixed. I’ve just seen too many times people throwing out perfectly good speakers and other sound equipment, because of static and other problems, when it all just can be saved by cleaning the places where years of dirt shit and dust gets in.

Me too.

Actually I still have the speakers and amp minus the casing, somewhere.

Noisy pots are usually caused by leaky caps.
With AC (signal) only any roughness in the pot is lower because the voltage across the wiper contact averages lower. But with DC leaking through a coupling cap the voltage across the wiper contact is constant and so the noise generated sounds louder.

Open them and look for bloated / leaky capacitors, OP, then replace them.

tomshardware.com/answers/id-3703834/recommendations-clear-sounding-speakers.html
NO DOUBLE POSTING.

I have these same ones, they're great. They don't have chink writing on them though. I believe the volume potentiometer gets corroded.

Attached: 1498926787131.jpg (961x720, 162K)

clean them you grub