Pls help

Hey Jow Forums I’m new to Jow Forums and I want to learn to belong here is there anything I can do about this?

Attached: 0FC27E68-675B-45EF-9DBB-B228BEC33206.jpg (736x552, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

minifree.org/
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lurk moar

Go to install GNU/Linux and begin your never ending digital quest for knowledge.

give that to me

/thread

This, but it's called linux. RMS is the epitome of the Jow Forums band of autism.

Attached: 1439490361440.jpg (492x661, 105K)

So what do you guys think of coding. Though is it worth it to spend all your time doing it or should I just find something else?

Oh and btw, we are really friendly there. Not like this brute @65914150.

Honestly this. Linux is a fantastic gateway into becoming a good Jow Forumsentooman. You learn the terms as you go along, and you eventually get to the point where you can help others. Also look into FOSS projects so you can provide your insight there. If you know how to program, or wish to learn, we could always use more lurking developers and aspiring programmers.

It's the best tool control computers. But as important as knowing how to "code" is knowing how the system works. You will probably end up learning both at more or less the same time.

Attached: 1477742000727.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

If coding were gaming I would be lower than a noob I know just about nothing and have thought it would be a good way to control multiple systems at once.I

this is the only real answer

Very important: Learn the difference between free software and proprietary software. It has nothing to do with the price. We appreciate free software in here.
Click on the post number to reply to someone.

Attached: heil_gnu.jpg (795x573, 70K)

>It has nothing to do with the price
t. some faggot who unironically bought the $40 membership

Thanks, if what do you guys think about the ADM-3A model I’m thinking of finding one and just using it for a closed system

We also have the /dpt/ >65911497
We have generals about hardware collecting every now and then. Keep an eye.
Picture.

Attached: this is what makes people think you are a faggot.png (795x621, 526K)

Now go download a, preferably fully free, GNU/Linux distro.

This board has definitely been a lot better than trying to get started on /b/ I have heard some surplus places have the ADM-3A models more often but I can’t seem to figure out what a surplus store would be defined as

>/b/
Avoid.

Also avoid Jow Forums and Jow Forums.

If you want to buy old machines buy an used thinkpad from the 2000s. It can run solely on free software and is a great machine. By buying here you also support the development of free software: minifree.org/

>funding Libreboot
>A project led by a mentally-ill tranny that tried to destroy the Free Software Foundation with SJW shit and lies and is asking for money to cut his penis.

Absolutely disgusting

What is free software

Pretend to be this. Half way there.

Attached: 1525760629615.jpg (225x225, 7K)

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

If you don't want to read there is a video here:
fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software

Read the sticky.

So it’s like getting the script to a movie rewriting it and making the movie how you want it to be then letting other people watch it and giving them the script so they can do whatever with it right?

Yes. People often misunderstand it by giving away free of charge. We don't care if you sell the movies as long as the script comes along. We don't care if you require money to modify the movie and script for us or to teach us how to do.

Attached: 1466509906694.jpg (2172x1711, 211K)

How long would you say it would take to buy an old thinkpad running on windows and replace it with a custom software of my own without first starting off on free software

You mean an ooerating system written by yourself or a gnu Linux distribution? The former depends on how fast you learn, the latter about 30 minutes. The site I posted sells think pads with pre installed gnu Linux.