Why are there no root-free Adblockers on Android?

Why are there no root-free Adblockers on Android?

Attached: wtewer.png (1007x885, 255K)

>what is dns66

dns66 or blockada

you're wrong, sweaty.

>DNS blocking

Enjoy your lag and empty boxes.

I don't get any lag man. Maybe you should give your ISP more money.

none of those are in playstore

Fdroid you shit swilling mongoloid.

>why doesn't an advertising company publish adblocking apps
spotted the fucking idiot

Because you cant edit an android hosts list without root.

Also uBlock Origin.

Private internet access has an app for android with announcing feature but I'm not sure how good it is because I barely use any apps with integrated adds and I use brave for browsing.

Plus you have to pay for it.

I’m glad my iPhone doesn’t have this issue

If you want to block ads at the browser level, Mobile Firefox supports uBlock Origin.

If you want to block ads at the OS level, you need to alter the hosts file. It is NOT possible to do this without root. This is just basic Linux security. Certain parts of the filesystem should not be touched by anyone other than the superuser.

Why are you avoiding root? It's your phone. Presumably, you should be the superuser on it as you are with your desktop PC.

There's always SABS. I have 350k domains blocked on it, and you can change your DNS, manage finer details of your app permissions, and disable shit that you aren't usually able to. It all works through Knox.

I think the main download of it got taken down because Samsung got butthurt, you can probably still find it online.

>sweaty
lol

>I’m glad my iPhone doesn’t have this issue
Your phone never displays adverts? Sure, buddy.

Yeah it never does because I have an adblock extension for Safari

>not having every app on your phone adblocked
>just your web browser

Just use the mobile brave browser.
Built in ad blocker.

UBo on firefox

It depends on your definition of ad blocker.
If you mean a browser only adblocker, there are various rootless solutions, ranging from natively blocked browsers (i.e. Brave) to extensions (uBlock origins on Firefox).

If you want a system-wide blocking system, you have to either alter your system hosts file, which is in the system partition (thus inaccessible without root) or using a local proxy as other suggested which goes rootless but works just as good.

I only use my phone for making calls, replying to iMessages and occasionally browsing the internet whilst waiting for things.
If I wanted to use applications I'd go home and use my computer.

There's a couple of system-wide adblockers for iOS. Just look in the App Store.

Brave is enough, just stop using shitty apps with ads

this

also root your fucking phone and get xprivacy and adaway

Would you kindly name drop them? If Apple manages to not fuck up the next iPhone SE and leaves the headphone jack right where it is, I might get one. That blue life, hoes love it... so I'm told.

>Why are you avoiding root? It's your phone.
nowadays banking apps and such dont run if you've rooted.

""""for your security""""

using banking apps is a mistake in the first place.

Magisk can hide the fact that you're using root to other apps.

DNS66

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-124155.png (1080x1920, 161K)

can you use it without root?

Just use Firefox with uBlock instead of Chrome breh

use /dev/brain

Who develops Android? Google.
What is the biggest income for Google? Ads

Why do you think an ad company let you just block ads globally in their product?

Not everyone here is a neet

>not adblocking at router level
not like you ever leave home anyway.

Yes. My phone is not rooted.

Netguard. Acts as firewall and ad blocker via VPN. Get the fdroid version, playstore is botnet.

>Adguard

I use ublock origin on firefox all day long.

That's the whole point. But, if you're rooted you can use VPN Hotspot + DNS66. This lets devices connect to your device (you don't need hotspot active, just WiFi) and then blocks ads on all connected devices similar to piHole.

AdHell 2 is root free, system-wide and uses hosts to block ads. Also let's you change DNS and disable any app.

>Because you cant edit an android hosts list without root.
You can on Samsung phones using the Knox SDK

Because google supports advertistments.

Attached: 1526203119509.jpg (944x674, 63K)

Why are you using shitty apps that have ads?

Firefox + addon.

Magisk Hide, can confirm that it works. Without selecting to hide Magisk from some banking apps, they complain. If I set it to hide itself from them, no issues at all.

Adguard for me

Stop using apps with ads in them. Then Firefox +uBO works fine.

This.
Also tampermonkey and anti adblock killer so sites don't go "pls turn off adblock then try again". on you.

because google

I wish I could, but I'm on an Xperia Z5 and I don't want to risk losing my hashkeys or whatever that Sony uses as its root protection.

Is it better to use this or download MoaAB host file and replace my existing file with that?

I use this. I'm about to switch though cause you have to that retarded thing with the Knox key. Can't even get into the all without it

Does DNS66 act like a regular VPN?
Like will it hide my ip address?

Attached: Screenshot_20180406-134228.jpg (1167x694, 193K)

This

Bump

Sage