buys a keyboard four years ago

> buys a keyboard four years ago
> realizes that the windows key isn't doing anything
> troubleshoots for a few hours, eventually decides that the keyboard's just defective
> too apathetic to replace it, just rebinds all the commands in my wm to use some alternative combination of buttons
> lack of windows key fluctuates between a mild annoyance and a pain in the ass for the next four years
> realizes today that F12 fucking turns the windows key on and off

What dumb shit have you done, Jow Forums?

Attached: 920c8201d031c54d84725a399b7c4860.jpg (461x500, 36K)

wtf? Nothing that fucking stupid.

>buys apple keyboard
>spills liquid on apple keyboard
>on my 3rd apple keyboard this way
>wire snags coffee cup while moving phone and spills (amazingly) on keyboard
>need to buy another keyboard

Attached: 4L_S6kcQDbW.jpg (228x221, 9K)

quit drinking at your computer then

>buys first mech keyboard
>$200 because I didn't wanted to cheap out on it
>accidentally spill coke on it
>numpad keys are now sticky even after trying to take the damn thing apart
>mfw
how much does it cost to get it professionally repaired? it's plate mounted, so every single switch need to be desoldered to access the insides of the switches and I don't have a soldering tool

Fell for the gtx 970 meme 3 years ago, installed ubuntu twice on accident. Fire at will.

Stupidest shit I've done is spilling solder flux on my brand new keyboard. It's corrosive (I think it's hydrochloric acid) and fucked some of my keycaps, one of them jams when I press it. I still need to get replacement keycaps for it.
The switches were unscathed, thankfully.

I still don't know how to fucking use git correctly. Every time we work with branches with our teammates in assignments I ask them to put on me on my branch and then to push my stuff to master because I eventually fuck everything up.
>inb4 choose another career.

Wtf why would you use acid flux?

Here's a perfect keyboard for you.
Ace pad tech Hall effect keyboard.

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-085403.png (1920x1080, 789K)

Get a soldering tool

It took me 3 years to realize that you can download all images from a thread with ctrl+w

great tip,works well

>first day of first real job doing basic IT
>told to upgrade memory in an HP desktop PC
>can't figure out how to open proprietary case
>2005 so just googling a manual wasn't an option
>spend 30 minutes nearly breaking the case, close to tears because I dont want boss to know how incompetent I am
>boss shows up and is all smiles hey user let me show you something on that desktop you just upgraded
>tell him I couldn't open case
>will never forget the regret and concern in his eyes in this moment

>i don't have a soldering iron

should have asked your boss for the manual

Fucking kek

HOLY SHIT

Could be worse. I've destroyed two actual Model Ms that way.

How can you accidentally install an OS?

>2005 so just googling a manual wasn't an option
did you mean 1995?

>unironically overclocked a fx-8xxx cpu on a mb that was barely able to support it on stock frequency, because i bought the MB a long time ago and forgot about its shitty VRM
>somehow the OC'd system was actually operational and even stable for several months
>one day decide that i don't actually need the OC anymore, the system isn't working as much as it used to
>reboot, reset the BIOS to defaults, save and shut down the PC for the night
>next day get BSOD after BSOD with ''CLOCK INTERRUPT WAS NOT RECEIVED ON A SECONDARY PROCESSOR"

it sure hurts to be a retard

Attached: 51354682132.jpg (1280x719, 195K)

>used a recovery image of windows that was made from a laptop and tried to use it on my desktop

To be fair, I was running on a couple hours of sleep since I was taking six classes at school