*destroys the thermal paste industry*

*destroys the thermal paste industry*

I just got this thing in and it's awesome. It's just as good as my MX4, except I don't have to spend 20 minutes cleaning my CPU with isopropyl alcohol and q tips to get all the paste off. This thing is a game changer.

Attached: ic graphite.jpg (1000x1387, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpphKzmDiJM
youtube.com/watch?v=2lOOl3VxOtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for your hardwork, but please send the rest of your advertisements through proper channels and don't be a nigger about it.

>revolutionary thermal solutions aren't Jow Forums

being too retarded to apply thermal paste isn't Jow Forums

>electrically conductive
>less thermal preformance than liquid metal compound

what's the point of this again?

Not having to clean and reapply thermal solutions while providing decent performance for situations where you may be changing cooling solution frequently.

>electrically conductive
Yeah just like Arctic Silver 5. Don't put the pad on anything but the CPU and youll be fine.

those things have been around for a while

yea no this shit fried my i9

Regular thermal pads have but not these graphite ones

Guys, my heatsink is electrically conductive and I shorted out my CPU. What do?

how?

i9's certainly don't need the help of this to fry.

20 minutes to swipe some crap off. acting like its fucking clean room environment shit. brain farts are beyond common these days

The IHS is also electrically conductive.

>he bought an i9

Attached: 1435482838690.gif (500x281, 855K)

to be fair thermal compound smells weird so only having to take off a graphite dorito instead of wiping shit off is nice

POST THE IMPROV THERMAL PASTE CHART
THE ONE WITH CHOCOLATE AND CUM AND MAYO
I NEED IT FOR A CLASS NO JOKE

you mean getting dust in your thermal pad and running the performance, not to mention having an excessively thick thermal pad, instead of 0.1mm off thermal grease
all the disadvantages of arctic silver without a thermal conductance of 350,000 w/mk, plus you have to trim it to your specific cpu

>electrically conductive
It doesn't matter here, since there's no risk of spilling it accidentally on anything it could hurt, you just need to center it on the IHS. It's also not harmful for the surfaces it's usef for. Liquid metal AFAIK usually at least contains gallium, which limits use of certain metals (most notably commonly used aluminium) in your cooling system.

pottery

Imagine if it was made of graphene instead

>you mean getting dust in your thermal pad and running the performance
No more than with paste. Not to mention it isn't adhesive so dust could be removed with a blower or by wiping or cleaning with other methods.
Also,
>having an environment so dusty this would be an issue

>not to mention having an excessively thick thermal pad, instead of 0.1mm off thermal grease
They say pad but it's not 1~2mm thick, it's more like a sheet and probably thinner than 0.1mm.

>probably
is always nice when people indicate they're talking out their arse

honestly coul you be any more transparent that you are being paid cents per post to shill for this shitty square pencil?

/thread

>only using cookie cutter thermal blocks is Jow Forums
>never reapplying thermal paste to laptop processors that come in variety of shapes and sizes is Jow Forums
>using a 1 use thermal cookie instead of a reusable tube or container is Jow Forums
>spending more money on an equal or worse performing product in smaller doses of usage is Jow Forums
No. None of these things are Jow Forums and you are a very bad man

pretty sure this is the toshiba pads and they are just reselling it for some reason

imagine being so schizo you think people get paid to post on Jow Forums

thanks for your hard work, but i will wait until i can get your product for $1 from ali straight to my mailbox for free.

Attached: 1521075233131.gif (280x280, 2.89M)

I don't have it so I can't measure it.
You can see images of it yourself. One review I checked said it was less than 0.005 thick but didn't give a unit so if that is inches or centimeters I don't know.

They are. Not just on Jow Forums.

I'd bet my life on it. A few years ago Intel released some Pentium that they were pushing as the ultimate budget gaymen CPU, it was blatantly obvious that Intel was shilling it.

>solid metal has surface imperfections
>put liquid paste to fill these in
>paste lowers thermal conductivity but the tradeoff of filling in all imperfections makes it worth it

>this pad has surface imperfections
>has better thermal conductivity than paste, but the system as a whole can't have better conductivity than cooler to CPU direct contact for obvious reasons
>apparently this pad is still worth it?

Seriously please explain how this is better than not using anything

its 1 degree worse than the best paste on the market

youtube.com/watch?v=YpphKzmDiJM

its better than 99% of pastes

I believe this still fills the imperfections when pressed by the heatsink.

>I don't have to spend 20 minutes cleaning my CPU with isopropyl alcohol and q tips to get all the paste off
what? I was twelve when I first installed a CPU and it took like 10 seconds to apply the paste.

Last time I did it was 2016 and guess what, it took less than 10 seconds once again.
>clean and reapply thermal solutions
sounds like you fell for a meme

The pads internal conductivity makes up for a lot of the surface imperfections.
So heat spreads throughout the pad extremely quickly, so it transfers heat to a wider area quickly, and that aggregate affect results in higher performance than using nothing at all, and better than many medium performance pastes.

Attached: therm pad.png (627x328, 251K)

>>clean and reapply thermal solutions
>where you may be changing cooling solution frequently
You forgot that part.
For most people, there's no real advantage to using this over paste.

>it took like 10 seconds to apply the paste
Why can't you read nigger? He said it takes 20 minutes to clean old paste off. Not 20 minutes to put new paste on. Fucking read you subhuman.

Yes, we all saw the LTT video.
No it will not
>destroy the thermal paste industry

It will never outperform a space-filling paste.

Why the fuck would you EVER clean old paste off is my question.

why would i be constantly reapplying thermal solution?

Buying a new CPU cooler. Upgrading to a new CPU. Transferring CPUs to another build.

>all those luddites who can't even do some basic research
Jow Forums is truly in a state of decadence

will this work better on vrms than thermal pads?

i toss in a pube or 2 if im doin a heatsink swap for good measure, n some sawdust n sheeit

this would be horrible for vrms

It would slide around. normal thermal pads are spongy and have adhesive to keep them on, this would only work on a CPU or GPU where it can have centralized pressure keeping it in place, VRM doesnt have enough pressure and it would probably slide off

then just make it adhesive?

Another low iq retard

then it wouldnt transfer heat as well

then just have the heatsink vrm screw into the board?

why are you such a low iq dolt

If you test CPUs or coolers regularly.

?

no, they haven't. Normal thermal pads are shit and unusable in most cases. This thing is as good as very high quality paste.
T. not shill. Although I want to know how good this thing really is before I start removing liquid metal paste that I have already.

Performance was tested against shit paste and only slightly outperformed it. Still a few degrees higher than Kryonaut.

its not gonna be better than liquid metal, this product is meant to replace MX4 tier pastes

>spend 20 minutes cleaning my CPU with isopropyl alcohol and q tips to get all the paste off
Why the fuck. Just wipe it off in 10 seconds and that's it. You're not gluing CPU to the heatsink, there's no chemical reaction going on, thermal compounds don't give any fuck about grease, the only thing that matters is how smooth the surface is.

lmao, who do you think you are? Linus tech tips?

It is a meme, don't fall for the autism.

This will be barely used for thermal paste replacement, but will be widely used on phone cooling, allowing apple to get even closer to the target of making a phone made out of pretty much glass and glue, so thin it can actually cut shit.

Thermal paste would be thinner, no?
With this, you're limited by the physical width (I'm assuming graphite is not easily compressed). With thermal paste, you're limited by how thinly you can spread it.

The thing is that this themal pad is very, very good at spreading the heat across it's surface, much better than it is at transferring heat from a side to the other so you can use it to actually replace heat pipes to spread the CPU heat to the back of the phone.

IC Diamond 7 is like the 7-9th best on the market so the pad isn't the best it's actually pretty standard, which is good. I don't have the chart on me to post it.

>lmao, who do you think you are? Linus tech tips?
Look, I never said I am getting it or that I need it.
You asked who would need this and I gave you a use case. Now shut up.

Phones use shitty thermal pads, not paste. IIRC it's because phones get shaken around a lot and paste might move around.

not putting liquid metal on phone to make it not throttle

>phones entirely made out of aluminum
>liquid metal
You should work for Apple.

he probably does

We need solid silver phones.

You either haven't been here long enough or you're a shill yourself. Either way, fuck off cancer

This is a glorified Chink thermal pad.
Used in tablets and laptops for ages.
Even the chinking on the package sounds the same as aliexpress descriptions.

no, tablets and laptops use shitty silicone pads.
granted, this isn't new - graphite thermal pads have been around for ages, but you had to cut the sheets from 3M by yourself.

Probably does outperform most thermal paste when you consider the fact that people don't reapply thermal paste every six months and that they use their computer for a few years before getting a new one.

Why dont we get rid of thermal paste entirely, and make shit stick together like Gauge Blocks instead?

youtube.com/watch?v=2lOOl3VxOtE

These are measurement tools and are too expensive to produce for mass market.

This post hurt me. I'm leaving this thread and never coming back.

>what is lapping

>yea no this shit fried my i9
>i9
son, the pad is not the problem

Attached: 1521636672590.jpg (716x724, 15K)

Spending literally 2 minutes cleaning and applying thermal paste was never a problem.
If this thing doesn't behave better than thermal paste and/or is considerably cheaper, then color me indifferent.
Besides, the real problem was Intel not soldering their IHS, which I guarantee will change soon, now that AMD is actually taking market share away.

Enjoy taking a laptop apart every time you want to repaste it. Bonus points if it's designed by psychopaths who put the cooler under the mobo forcing you to take the entire thing apart.

This. 20 minutes. Do you have brain damage?

This. I bet OP buys kitchen gadgets from 1-800 numbers he sees on TV.

Or just buy paste that doesn't harden.

>Or just buy paste that doesn't harden.
Show me one (1) paste which doesn't degrade over time.

you know your product is shit when your interns have to shill on Jow Forums

Attached: DIkgyX-XkAEAZKU.jpg (700x770, 152K)

it won't dry

I don't know if i've ever had an issue getting themal paste off. It likes maybe 3 minutes unless you're completely retarded

>Bonus points if it's designed by psychopaths who put the cooler under the mobo forcing you to take the entire thing apart.
I share your passion for the X series, user.

Nothig will replace КПT-8 paste, it is shit, but I paid 2.5$ for 1 kg of this shit.

I only change my thermal paste once every few years, this seems like a waste of money desu

I change my thermal paste whenever my horoscope tells me to.

>you mean getting dust in your thermal pad and running the performance, not to mention having an excessively thick thermal pad, instead of 0.1mm off thermal grease
>excessively thick
hmm

Attached: HP-BS158SA-installed-with-pad-covering-both-CPU-and-GPU-.jpg (1430x804, 520K)

I wish it was available in my area.

Besides the IC website, is this the only other review out there?

is it more durable than paste?

yeah, though I've never seen an in-depth look at drying, hardening and degrading of pastes over time and how they affect temperatures

>THICCpad