Born autistic

>born autistic
>writes a meme text editor in 1976
>becomes an edgelord in 1989
>at 65, still one of the most recognizable figures in the open source community

How he did it?

Attached: 823px-Richard_Stallman_at_Pittsburgh_University.jpg (823x768, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>born autistic
>at 65, still one of the most recognizable figures in the open autism community
Who knows?

>still one of the most recognizable figures in the open source community

woah..that's like being the most recognizable bum at a homeless shelter

Because of what he stands for.

You don't have to be a zealous as RMS to understand what he preaches is valuable and under represeted

Free (as in freedom) software is the most important thing for mankind in history. Without it we are doomed.

He's basically aids. He attached himself to the idea of free and open software, so now whenever people think of free and open software they think of him, so they stay away. He's literally the reason nobody more charismatic has tried to take over, they don't want to be associated with him.

This but unironically.

Does he still write any code? If so, what kind of code does he work on nowadays?

He's still using his emacs on his thinkpad. I doubt he's using it only for email etc.

>implying he loads anything else than emacs in memory

>still one of the most recognizable figures in the open source community
He isn't part of the open source community, he is part of the free software community.

Still recognizable as reason people consider free software guys spergs and retards

is he a virgin?

Attached: 273956348.png (5000x5000, 412K)

>autistic
The word doesn't mean what you think it means, stop abusing it
>how did he do it?
Superior intellect, incredible stubbornness and having so complete devotion to his goal that he doesn't care that his world around him is crumbling and not caring if he is ruining his life

Please avoid using the term “open” or “open source” as a substitute for “free software.” Those terms refer to a different set of views based on different values. The free software movement campaigns for your freedom in your computing, as a matter of justice. The open source non-movement does not campaign for anything in this way.

When referring to the open source views, it's correct to use that name, but please do not use that term when talking about us, our software, or our views—that leads people to suppose our views are similar to theirs.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Attached: 1514417490756.jpg (1024x1347, 602K)

>is he a virgin?
I wonder that too
Clearly he is much more charismatic than the average 4channer
I think he could have sex and possibly he had when he was a young handsome and fun mit graduate
He looks like a virgin now but I bet he was drowning in pussy when young
I don't think he even thinks of sex now

Also
>single handedly created gnu and fsf
>created gcc
>created gnu os
>created emacs
>public speaker
These things require confidence
A virgin doesn't have confidence
Therefore he isn't a virgin
>citation
>me: a miserable 35 year old kissless virgin with no confidence

>writes a meme text editor in 1976
>becomes an edgelord in 1989
Are you 11?

No it isn't.
There's lots of things that threaten humanity, but having to pay for things isn't one.

In fact, even without anyone pushing for it, free software will continue to exist because of this simple phenomenon:
>too many products/services exist in a digital market
>because the products/services are digital, they can and are provided for free* with the providers intending to get their money by means other than upfront sales
>even if 90% of users are freeloading somehow, the provider cannot force the user to stop because that would sacrifice market share

If you've ever wondered why YouTube lets you use adblockers when many other sites don't, it's not because Google is too dumb to stop you from blocking adverts, it's that they're smart enough to know that if they stopped you from blocking adverts then their market share would enter a brief freefall until sites like Vimeo became a good portion as successful as YouTube.

Why is Richard stallman RMS and not RSM?

Middle name.

>Are you 11?
JAVU
Just Another Vim User

vimuser.org

Because he's a chad.

Attached: 1521637611653.jpg (720x720, 138K)

She is cute

A kernel since he couldn't write the Hurd or Emacs kernel

Thank you, user.

BS
1) I can do public speaking without ever having had an intimate sexual experience
2) You don't need a lot of what most people mean by confidence to write code

>not her room
>not her book
reeeeeee

Attached: 0.png (1224x366, 498K)

lol, nobody needs code from your kind of JS script kiddie posers

we dont want your spaghetti ahit

>one of the most recognizable figures in the open source community
You may not like it but this is what peak freetard look like. Guess "regular" freetards eat their smegma since elite ones enjoy toe jam.

Is that you on the photo?

Attached: 1.png (355x478, 86K)

He also impregnated several MIT students (male included)

Attached: rms4.jpg (900x675, 133K)

Don't lie about stallman, dude.

>she

It's so poorly shopped it must have been made in gimp...

it can't be a male

>open source
Back to

He aborted the child processes.

>it

Are you illiterate or just retarded? Nothing in your post has anything to do with what I sad.

Seriously? You're just gonna rush to post your idiotic reply without even reading or understanding the comment you're quoting?
Free software doesn't have to be free of charge. Just free to modify. You can still charge for providing it as a platform or service you fucking imbecile.

>Just free to modify.
if I may just interject for a moment, that's only one of the four freedoms
they are in order
0. freedom to run the program as you wish, 1. freedom to study the source and modify the program, 2. freedom to share and distribute the program however you like, 3. freedom to distribute copies of your modified version of the program

>creativity, knowlege, experience are worthless.
>code monkeys should be provided with free solutions so they can hack together mediocre and badly optimized programs.
>No one should ever take any responsibility of program's behaviour.

>implying code monkeys aren't those making proprietary software.

I'm sorry I used wrong term,
I meant shallow, non-creative, useful idiots that couldn't ever complete a single project by themself.

FOSS advocates on rhis board are bunch of idiots that never wrote a line of code in their life and their view of software development is pure example of Dunning-Kruger effect.

>stallman
>open source community
Nice bait.

Attached: stallman_sama.png (609x282, 92K)

He sends patches to emacs to fix stuff he uses once in awhile.