What do you use to play audio files on your cellular device

what do you use to play audio files on your cellular device

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-115822.png (1080x1920, 116K)

Definitely not that autistic shit

i use poweramp and i'm very happy with it.
though i really wish i didn't lose my ipod classic 6th gen. it was louder than my phone, had better audio quality and more storage. the only benefit i got from poweramp in comparison is that it plays more filetypes than the ipod.

mpd+ncmpcpp

unironically only spotify and the app for local national broadcasting service (for talk radio)

I bet you use Spotify

Attached: 1525608221120m.jpg (1024x686, 105K)

>being this poor

Attached: 1525995218983.png (1179x897, 248K)

have fun manually downloading files like it's the year 2001

I prefer buying and ripping CDs

mpv is the nu player
mpg123 is the good shit
get the fuck out of Jow Forums you pleb redditor

Attached: 97bb599.jpg (1666x2116, 519K)

you. you kind of millennials are the reason why the internet is shitty today

I was alive when CDs were actually a thing and nobody enjoyed that even back then when it was a feasible option
>making technology better serve people's needs is shitty
lmao have fun coding your own operating systems or whatever it is you freaks do

spotify is just like audioscrobbler was 15 years ago, except without all the tedious busy work you had to endure

>I was alive when CDs were actually a thing and nobody enjoyed that even back then when it was a feasible option
I always have. Same with movies. It's much more satisfying to rip my own remuxes than just torrenting them. I even buy movies I've already downloaded Blu-ray remuxes of so I can do it myself

This is autism. Not in the sense of using it as a trendy insult, but as a non-aggressive acknowledgement of facts.

Nah, it's merely a hobby. It's more satisfying to build my collection myself.

Buying collectable cases because you enjoy looking at it or something is not autism, it's just a little weird.

Manually ripping discs because you get pleasure from it is autism no question about it.

If I've already bought the movie for the collectible case, why not make my own copy while I'm at it? It's faster too (given it's not a movie I've already downloaded), even including the drive to the store and back.

>spotify is just like audioscrobbler was 15 years ago, except without all the tedious busy work you had to endure
and without music

spotify is fucking garbage

99 out of a 100 it has the music I'm looking for. You're just incredibly poor and trying to make yourself feel better by telling yourself you wouldn't want it anyway.

I've spent more on CDs in a day than you have on Spotify in a year; money has nothing to do with the fact that Spotify is ass

Oh, so you're just a retard? I too enjoy making life unnecessarily difficult for myself for absolutely no reason.

My money goes towards a physical collection that I get to keep forever. Your money goes towards renting music.

>spotify has fucking nothing
>lmao ur just a retard
:^)

AIMP

Attached: Screenshot_20180424-173919.png (1080x1920, 752K)

Were you alive during wartime rationing or why else would you get pleasure from collecting clutter in your home? I'm full knowingly willingly pay more for the fact that there is no physical collection. That is an upside in the deal.
>Your money goes towards renting music.
So what? I'll keep paying it, so I'll keep having access and like you said your CDs alone (which cover FAR LESS music than the collections of Spotify) cost more in a year than a Spotify membership. You've fallen for a buzzword without thinking it through.
There are over 40 millions songs on Spotify. Do you listen exclusively to anime soundtracks or some other weeb shit like that, because like I said in my experience 99 out of a 100 I find the song I'm looking for.

>Were you alive during wartime rationing or why else would you get pleasure from collecting clutter in your home?
An organized collection of CDs in a CD rack isn't clutter.
>I'm full knowingly willingly pay more for the fact that there is no physical collection.
Congrats on your retardation.
>That is an upside in the deal.
I disagree wholeheartedly.
>your CDs alone (which cover FAR LESS music than the collections of Spotify)
Why should I give a shit? It's not like I don't pirate music as well. I have more music I'd listen to in my personal collection than Spotify does in theirs. Same with Netflix. They may have more movies and TV shows but I have more that I actually give a shit about.
>You've fallen for a buzzword without thinking it through.
Nah

>An organized collection of CDs in a CD rack isn't clutter.
Yes it is, when the same purpose can be filled without the physical objects. If you were a peasant in the 1800s I'd understand being able to own manufactured goods is new and exciting, but you're not. They're functionless clutter.
>Congrats on your retardation.
Says the man paying extra to have to manually do mindless busy work in order to listen to music. Sure makes finding new artists and albums more fun and accessible when you have to wait before being able to hear each.
> I'd listen to in my personal collection than Spotify does in theirs. Same with Netflix. They may have more movies and TV shows but I have more that I actually give a shit about.
Completely uncomparable. Netflix's collection is tiny, and it's being challenged by 10 other streaming sites all fighting for exclusive rights. Even if you only watched the most mainstream hollywood TV and movies, Netflix would cover like 5% of it. And that's being generous. Spotify is closer to 95%. I don't listen to mainstream pop or hip-hop or whatever it is top 40 stations play these days, and I find practically all my obscure indie records on there.

>Yes it is, when the same purpose can be filled without the physical objects.
Please do explain how I can have a physical CD collection without the physical objects.
>Says the man paying extra to have to manually do mindless busy work in order to listen to music.
Yeah, popping a disc in a drive and clicking a button can be quite taxing, I don't know how much longer I can stand it!
>Sure makes finding new artists and albums more fun and accessible when you have to wait before being able to hear each.
I never said I don't pirate music as well.
>Completely uncomparable. Netflix's collection is tiny, and it's being challenged by 10 other streaming sites all fighting for exclusive rights.
I'll give you that it's a bit of a stretch but it's the same concept. My personal collection has more shit I care about, be it Spotify's music collection or Netflix's video collection.

I'm fucking sick of Spotify and it's shitty recommendations, but I also can't be that fucked downloading every song. What do

The only answer. Shuttle+

>Good defaults
>themes
>foss

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-102052.png (720x1280, 148K)

Instead of downloading them individually just download discographies

YouTube playlists

>Yeah, popping a disc in a drive and clicking a button can be quite taxing, I don't know how much longer I can stand it!
You never leave the house? Having to rip CD's and transferring files fucking sucked back in the days of mp3 players, and it still sucks now.
>I never said I don't pirate music as well.
It's entirely different seeing an artist name, clicking it, and a song playing than it is to open a browser, go to a torrent tracker, find a good version, download it, decompress it, and play it.

Like I said it's like audiscrobbler without the busy work. I'm sure you hate algorithms as well because of some tin foil hat prejudice, but Spotify has found me countless of suggestions I probably would've never discovered without it. It's much more than just a library of mp3 files. It revolutionized the way I explore and discover music.
>Please do explain how I can have a physical CD collection without the physical objects.
I'm saying I do not understand how things that don't need to take up space taking space is a positive.

Dsub that connects to my Airsonic server.

Attached: 27872857-79d77044-61aa-11e7-992f-9e73f94475e0.png (1400x512, 43K)

Yeah, I've taken to /mu/s wiki and use that program to download off of others, I forget the name. How about tagging? I was thinking of writing a script that uses YouTube-DL and tries to autotag but I'm sure it already exists.

>You never leave the house?
What makes you think that?
>It's entirely different seeing an artist name, clicking it, and a song playing than it is to open a browser
Sure it is. I use last.fm to find new artists, stream a song or two to check them out, then download some albums if I like it.
>I'm sure you hate algorithms as well because of some tin foil hat prejudice, but Spotify has found me countless of suggestions I probably would've never discovered without it.
This isn't unique to Spotify, they weren't even the first to do it.
>I'm saying I do not understand how things that don't need to take up space taking space is a positive.
But they do need to take up space, it's the only way CDs can exist.

I use Poweramp for my chinese music
Wish it had a parametric eq.

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-152833.png (1312x2560, 2.94M)

Clementine and EasyTAG are pretty decent at filling your tags when you provide just the title. Usually.

Will give it a go. Thanks.

>What makes you think that?
Well I would assume that you don't carry around the CD collection in your backpack, so listening to music while outside your home would add another hassle do deal with.
>This isn't unique to Spotify, they weren't even the first to do it.
You're right. I'm not referring to audiscrobbler because I read a wiki page, I used it back in the day myself. And that revolutionized how I discovered music just as well. It was the first step, Spotify perfected the idea.

Vanilla Music. Has almost all the features I want, most importantly shuffling by album. The one thing it doesn't have is mass tag editing, but I do that on my computer anyway.

>Well I would assume that you don't carry around the CD collection in your backpack
I've got a DAP, you fucking moron.
>You're right. I'm not referring to audiscrobbler because I read a wiki page, I used it back in the day myself. And that revolutionized how I discovered music just as well. It was the first step, Spotify perfected the idea.
The only difference between my setup and yours as far as discovering music goes is that I open a website to view my suggestions and you use your music player to view them.

>This cache can fill up quickly causing the app to use upwards of 200mb of RAM. This is not a cause for concern, RAM is there to be used!!
trash

Is that a overlay for those ctrl , tab and tab keys?

>shuffling

letting a non living thing choose which song you have to listen to

vanilla music
beets seems to be pretty good if you're on linux, I haven't tried it yet though

PlayerPro (paid version)
Why would you want a CLI when you're driving?

pulsar is pretty solid. and it's foss

BlackPlayer EX

poweramp or vanilla music, everything else is trash

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-171243.png (1080x1920, 1.25M)

The one thing it's missing is HTTP(S) streaming, so I keep VLC around for that.

Mpsyt or newpipe.

Vinyl music player for non streaming

unrelated, but what android keyboard are you using? I just installed OmniROM 8.1 and the AOSP keyboard included is great aside for the fact that it doesn't have long press options for question mark etc. like on yours

tweakbox and spotify. endless music and ads

profit?