BATTLE OF THE KDE DISTROS

Kubuntu vs Fedora KDE, go
Pls don't bring outdated Debian garbage to this fight
Im thinking of ditching Fedora KDE which has served me well and going back to an Ubuntu-based system with the added KDE (Ubuntu served me well for ages), any reasons I shouldn't?

Attached: klogo-official-oxygen-3000x3000.png (3000x3000, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kube.kde.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KDE Neon

Is there a version of KDE without the micro-stutter? So far Kubuntu, Neon and OpenSUSE are out of the question.

Its already obsolete, its using the 16.04 base instead of 18.04. I would have used it otherwise.
Kubuntu is just going to be better supported. You're essentially choosing Redhat over Canonical when you go with the big distros, so it's a case of which one has better support.

Neither: Manjaro Linux

Asking honestly, if youve been using Manjaro a while what happens if you hit a serious bug and the developers are unresponsive and your choice is to 1. fix it yourfuckingself 2. switch to a distro that werks/has proper support from paid developers working for Canonical or Redhat?
Hence why I say its either-or.

Totally agree their community is mixed either you have to go to arch forum or KDE forum or manjaro forums which are not helpful and

I don't know about but I install manjaro on my laptop (thinkpad) it fucked my boot and removed my windows boot. Before manjaro BACKUP Everything even boot files but it is worth a try

That's exactly the kind of comment that reinforces my belief that it's Fedora or Kubuntu, the rest are for masochists who like using broken-ass distros
The rest of us have shit to do

lain os

You mean Arch for drooling retards?

Fedora on gnome is the best solution overall.

Wrong, that guy is a retarded teenager. Manjaro is a really really good distro. It's Arch without the hassle and more stable.

then answer my question here

Try Gecko (openSuse-based) ?

It's brag about using Arch day!

Attached: 1398505921363.png (1660x1940, 265K)

WHEN will KMail be reliable? Today it is the great email killer and the developers will not accept any bug reports.

>developers will not accept any bug reports.
huh?

Nice meem, basedboy, you've never used Arch.

Currently using Kubuntu 18.04 but the KDE has a few annoying issues, like the Taskbar freezing as lomg as a game is running in the background (being responsive but graphically not updating) and primary sound output device being switched around. Is this fixed in the Neon Release? I heard it somehow updates the KDE component faster/more reliably.

GNOME is way better

Canonical doesn't officially support kubuntu, it's a community project now.
KDE on Ubuntu has always given me problems, you really have to go with Debian Buster or OpenSUSE for things to be stable.
Try netrunner maybe?

openSUSE

>Battle of the KDE distros.
It's like saying who will win the Special Olympics.

Attached: 1a5~2.jpg (603x648, 66K)

A blog on planet KDE lamented the sorry state of KMail. The poster was calmly informed that feedback was very much unwanted, The blog entry is now deleted of course and KMail continues to eat mail and mbox.

Google "kmail problem", I get about 100,000 hits. And little in the way of fixes.

>I don't know what XFCE is or does
GNOME has become a cancer DE that wants to enforce its shitty standards on package developers. Boy do I miss the pre-GNOME 3 days.

I've honestly found all the Ubuntu "spins" to give me problems. I had problems with KDE too, and with GNOME shell spin (when Unity was alive)

>Its already obsolete, its using the 16.04 base instead of 18.04.
read their FAQ
fpbp
Kubuntu
At least they try to set it up correctly.

This meme had to be made. I hope you genetic deadends at g realise this applies to a heap of other distros with a userbase of 10 people.

>implying Arch is inherently unstable
I don't get it. Over 2 years of Arch, and my system has never once "broken". I occasionaly have to manually intervene for an update, almost always it's something as easy as deleting a single file/symlink. If anyone is telling me that it takes a whole day to issue a single command, then there's a learning disability involved.

kube.kde.org/