Is Elon Musk having a mental breakdown?

Does he really thing his Boring company can build a 300 mile depressurized tunnel from DC to NY, with hardly any boring experience? Not to mention the astronomical costs of boring(1 billion per mile). These things are also incredibly slow(slower than a snale). Hes clearly having mental problems.

Attached: a245a48e51b59e11b49e7bded45f680b.jpg (1280x850, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Central_Railway
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Railroad
twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/995022517755506688
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoops, wrong pic.

Attached: Mentally ill billionaire.png (641x575, 60K)

>can build 300 mile
>1 billion per mile

Well as long as everyone still investing and he got loan. Yes. So stop invest into reddit memes.

Just trust him

Everything he does relies upon heavy government subsidies. He's a pseudo con artist.

Attached: hyberloob.gif (720x403, 64K)

So does big oil, so? What’s the problem with subsidizing industry? Move to Somalia if you want to live in a libertarian country with a small government

So did:
Manhattan project
NASA / Space project
The fucking roads
And a bunch of other crap

this shit all works in theory, but nobody's advertising the sticker price of having it done right.

Attached: Lyle_Lanley.png (500x375, 135K)

Attached: suhdude.png (467x362, 82K)

Let boy with a lot of money do whatever.
Maybe this shit will work. (It should, but expensive)

>inna tunnel
>travelling at 1000 miles an hour
>earthquake happens
>earth gives birth to a solid wall of rock in your tunnel
>turn into beautiful pink mist

nice

Attached: 557.jpg (680x793, 38K)

Yeah, it CAN work and probably will if it's ever fully realized. Now whether it's efficient or a good idea is another story entirely. I'd imagine after the honeymoon phase where people just ride it for the novelty most people will forget about it. How much demand is there in reality for an NY to DC hyperloop route? Probably not enough to justify the cost of building this infrastructure. Not like I really care. I didn't invest anything with Elon so I'm not losing any money.

He's making billions by tricking investors to give him money.

If he can't deliver on his promises it's not his problem.
Investors will lose money but he gets to keep his share as CEO.

I would say he's doing great.

didn't that neckbeard faggot chemist do a video "debunking" the hyperloop? how btfo is he? who's btfo, him or musk?

I don't know this is quantum reality, we only know if we saw the conclusion.

No it doesn't. That is the problem.
It works on a small scale, like when you transport small packages inside a building or something.
They still use it for transporting blood samples inside hospitals where they can travel 8-12m/s using a compression system (adding air).
What he is proposing is 1. removing air, 2. increasing the size and speed of what is traveling.
If you look at other places where they have created places that sustains a vacuum, you can see it is not an easy task.

Neckbears chemist, do you mean cody? I would like to see how he debunked it. I thought he was too busy blowing up his mine and seeeping the highway for diamonds or whatever

you won't even notice that it happened user

Attached: 1510094187050.gif (500x375, 1.89M)

I think he means thunderf00t.

maintaining vacuum in big systems is not easy, but HL is only using so-call medium vacuum (1/1000 atm) that is achievable (if not cheaply) with normal pumps.

you could make the tube out of something like continuously-welded oil pipeline that would have sufficiently low gas leakage, and most of the vacuum maintenance concerns would come from how many service access ports etc. are needed per unit length.

his competition gets greater subsidies than he does. The existing automakers, for example.

Most of his projects are just for marketing. He tries to present himself as a modern day Edison to convince investors to give him their money.

underground tunnels that are located at the depths of HL wont be affected by earthquakes

>What about earthquakes?
>Tunnels, when designed properly, are known to be one of the safest places to be during an earthquake. From a structural safety standpoint, the tunnel moves uniformly with the ground, in contrast to surface structures. Additionally, a large amount of earthquake damage is caused by falling debris, which does not apply inside tunnels. Some examples:

>1994 Northridge Earthquake: no damage to LA Subway tunnels
1989 Loma Prieta (Northern California) Earthquake: no damage to tunnels, which were then used to transport rescue personnel
1985 Mexico City Earthquake: no damage to tunnels, which were then used to transport rescue personnel

ITT - people doubt something that they cannot understand

You all have not designed it. None of you are even qualified to comment on its possibility. None of you are running the same calculations he and his team no doubt are. You're just pissing in the wind. Same goes for the market speculations. More piss in the wind.

>Tunnel collapses in front of you and behind you
>Get stuck a kilometer under the earth with no one above surface looking for you because they assume you're crushed
>chinese tourists start drooling looking at your thicc white american legs ready to go full cannibal just like in chairman mao's days

omg

Attached: 32412.jpg (235x214, 9K)

He put in 100 million of his own money in this project.

Hyperloop can't scale. Idiots keep masturbating over the idea without realizing that just rich people will likely be able to afford it.
All that money should go intoimproving trains.

Wouldn't even a tiniest hole fuck the whole tube?

Cool, so he can build 1/10th of a mile of it himself!

More like your tube can fuck the tiniest hole

No, I think hes investing that money in refining the process and building a proof of concept. I doubt that money will go towards building the NY to DC hole. Hes just trying to prove that he can get those productivity gains which will allow the Boring company to make wholes 10 times faster and cheaper than conventional boring machines

Like everything else, he's gonna get a ton of government gibs, launder most of that money, then peace out.

>Make hyperloop
>get in
>get to your destination in one minute
>spend 10 minutes depressurising exit of hypeloop.

Even elevators correct faster for differential cable length in summer

delete this

There is already an amazing train that goes from downtown DC to Manhattan. It gets you there in like 3ish hours.

Let Elon attempt to improve on it, and if it fails, the train will still be there. The train industry is already being automated, look at.companies like railcomm.

What does big oil get exactly? How much of Exxon's revenue is subsidies vs. the proportion of, say, Tesla's revenue to subsidies?

He's just a professional tax money waster.

No one will spend $5000 to go to DC in 2 hours when $200 will get you there in 3 or $400 (by flight) will get you there in 1.5.

>fill tube behind you with hydrogen
>vacuum in front of you
>ignite and ride the longest and fastest gun barrel in the world

WEW.
LAD.

Attached: 1525426792048s.jpg (226x200, 17K)

So I guess we shouldn’t have subways either huh

people who invest into this shit have mental problems, elon musk is just rolling in money

>but who will build the roads?!

trains have airbags in the solid metal bars

>try and ignite
>there's no oxygen
>nothing happens.

the Iraq war, for one

>no no no, we would have given them freedumb if the main export was plumbs
sure dude

FUGG!

Attached: james-brown-1980-greatest-RB-billboard-1500.jpg (900x642, 81K)

This friendly capitalist will build roads.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (605x415, 49K)

>boring company

wouldn't you die from the speed

so? that guy was implying that quakes could collapse the tunnels, which would also be a problem with subways if that actually happened

I see, so you were using "subsidies" in an abstract sense where anything the government did could plausibly be a subsidy to big oil.

money is money

Elon Musk must be long on Concorde

One tunnel is in dozens of meters of solid rock around it, the other one is a thin metal cylinder.

>thin metal cylinder.
surrounded by dozens of meters of solid rock

No? Did you see the thing, even on a picture?

The hyperloop doesn't run in the surface dude, it's meant to go underground protected from earthquakes and other weather problems.

Satan confirms Musk sold his soul

Attached: ay.gif (384x270, 445K)

They should subsidice 100b of shinkansen. I ride them last year in japan and shit was cash.
I have used a lot of the european fast speed trains, but they are light years away from the superior nippon technology.

I agree, high speed rail would be awesome in the US. The state of Texas had plans 20 years ago to build a high speed rail system connecting Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio but Southwest Airlines lobbied the fuck out of our state legislature for years to keep it from happening. At the time Southwest was only a small, regional airline and commuter flights between those cities was their bread and butter.

Unless it goes right across a faultline, this is not gonna happen. It would be a problem if you wanted to make a continous HL across whole US, but it can be solved by having the tunnels end before the faults and then start again after then.

While Cali is an earthquake-prone region, there's no major faultlines between SF nad LA themselves so there's no real problem.

Yeah while he's clearly a very intelligent guy and usually makes a good point, sometimes he gets a bit overzealous in trying to debunk stuff. His Hyperloop videos are a bit shit because the only valid argument he has is financial, and AFAIK he's not an economist.

Laughing at the small-scale "test" tunnels, that obviously only exist to popularize the idea to the masses through stuff like contests for students, can't really be called an argument.

virtually nothing he does relies on heavy government subsidies you fucking brainlet

lmao

Just because it makes you angry doesn't mean it's not true

Did the Dallas-Houston plan get recently approved or something?

Look what happened to the astronomically shorter tunnel in Seattle.

This is guaranteed to end in disaster for the company.

Looks like it

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Central_Railway

That'll be pretty nice.

Why would they need to depressurise the exit? Just use an umbilical bridge.

Why does he still try the hyperloop meme, no way to depressurize such a long track and have it be feasible and safe.

Attached: 1526139312844.png (179x214, 98K)

He's like Howard Hughes

Attached: 07D5D773-1A58-4089-BFED-10ABC82AAAFA.jpg (200x229, 28K)

He makes money from sensationalism
He'd attempt to debunk his own birth if he started to run out of ideas

Somewhere there will be a fault, people will die, and it will be some weird vestige in 50 years.

That's not how earthquakes work.
t. knower of tectonic activity

Attached: emoji pillow.jpg (640x559, 23K)

The concept art tells otherwise. But either way, a thin metal tube get a small shake, it cracks, the vacuum explodes and you die.

He's a con artist
The loop has had zero real or successful trial runs. The only loop they've built can't get 1/5th the speeds he promised.

Space X was a fluke that only took off because he happened to get former NASA employees who were fired after we canned our Space Shuttle program.

>t. knower of tectonic activity
ur mom lol

People said the same thing about Henry Flagler when he built his Key West Extension in the 1900s and it is now one of the largest tourist destinations in the United States. He poured a lot of his personal fortune from Standard Oil into the project and the FEC Railway advised him it was a bad financial decision, to where he pretty much said "fuck off, I'm rich" and he had it built anyway.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Railroad

stop being such a waste of oxygen, read up on the actual concept and stop just looking at the concept art like the retard that you are
i know that drawings are more accessible to stupid people like you, but make a little effort sweetie

>paypal was a fluke
>spacex was a fluke
>the boring company was a fluke
>if tesla becomes profitable it will be a fluke, says increasingly nervous big oil shill for the thirteenth time in the month

Alright it would surely work, a giant vacuum tube underground is absolutely safe and you will travel at 1.5 mach in it! And if it still fails, don't worry, the trains will have vacuum tanks to release the vacuum in case of a breach to keep up the vacuum density!

>Surely if we propel a flimsy tube of metal with two planks of its side fast enough it's gonna take off and fly, and if we make it so that we put wheels on the bottom it's gonna land again.
You can make almost anything sound scary with the right words. There's a name for people like you: luddites. You don't have to take the hyperloop once it's working, you can walk there because I assume you're also afraid of airplanes. But I'll give you a tip, don't be the asshole cunt that wants to ruin other people's fun by being a negative autist.

>it's working

Attached: 1328197389788.jpg (252x240, 7K)

twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/995022517755506688
yes he is

>There's a name for people like you: luddites.
You obviously have zero understanding of who the Luddites were.

>the vacuum explodes
>vacuum
>explodes

Attached: 1522615359559.jpg (1242x1164, 191K)

You just confirmed you don't know jack shit about vacuum.

Elon was always a faggot who preyed on the "wow" factor from retarded normies to get his money.

You just confirmed you don't know jack shit about vacuum.

he has to appear to be doing something with other people's money.

I worked with vacuum. Now explain to me why it has those safety precautions that it has.

you are listing government projects, not private industry.

A vacuum implodes kiddo

wow. that makes a huge difference. not. you know what i meant. no reason to be pedantic about words.

Shut it you faggots. Maybe look up what happens when vacuum fails a container which can be shattered. The air goes in faster than the solid particles which will be propelled outwards by the expansion of the compressed air. Hence they use explosion cages for glass vacuum dehumidifiers and such. Fucking tech board my ass.

1 billion per mile sounds insanely high and wrong.

Agriculture is propped up by the government as well