THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

wccftech.com/873853-2/

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1170-Relative-Performance-wccftech.png (497x305, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/873853-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1070 outperforms 980ti
>1180 barely outperforms 1080ti
I bet it will be more expensive than the 1080 was at launch too.

fake and gay

If this is only 12nm there is almost no feature size shrink. The option is to increase die size for nvidia which means slimmer margins so like hell they're going to push through a substantial performance increase.

This and DDR6 costs much.

It won't be much faster than a 1080 Ti, no more clock or shaders.

Nvidia has been selling you midsized gpu dies for premium prices, and you idiots bought it up. They finally come out with their high end dies, and you idiots will eat that shit up too. I bet you'll gladly drop over a grand for it.

JUST BOUGHT 1080TI
THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RELEASE FASTER CARD THATS $300 CHEAPER NOW

Attached: 1488308504764.png (676x772, 56K)

Nvidia Turing codename has been leaked out since February

You only have yourself to blame if you bought any Pascal GPUs

When do yall think 11xx is going to release?

it doesn't matter because bots will buy out entire stock within 3.14 seconds and resell at x3 MSRP

>You only have yourself to blame if you bought any Pascal GPUs
You only have yourself to blame if you bought any GPU ever, since they will have faster ones in the future

:(

>this retarded argument again
we're taking about buying something when its successor is just around the corner, you fucking autist

give 1 instance where there as been a +50% real world performance between current and next in its generation line.

you wont find one, you get 10-20% every time so kindly stop linking marketing sites.

ddr6 is faster and it was rumored that dies will be around 25% bigger, which makes sense, since its just 16nm++ or something like that. Also slight architecture optimization, add all that and you get your ussually nvidia speed increase of 50%. Now like you say, we can expect bigger price due to mining and ddr prices

pretty sure 1070 is ++50% faster than 970

>wccftech.com/873853-2/
>scaling performance by compute shader count

classic currytech

I don't think it will go as high as 50 percent, but it makes sense spec's wise and it has been 2 years after all.

Also cost $100 more at launch because no one made cards at the MSRP. The 970 was closer to the 1060 in price. Comparing cards just by their name is falling for Nvidia's price creeping.

this is exactly what people were saying about 1080 and 980ti and got btfo so hard, same will happen again

We've been telling you 1100 series is coming for the last 6 months you retard.

Gddr6 is faster but they're probably not going to get 16gbs chips this soon and the memory width is reduced compared to the ti so title end up being close to the ti, I'm expecting the Turing improvements to be like the volta and pascal ones, almost nothing per clock. But the power efficiency improvement will give a little bit more sustainable clock speed.

>970 outperforms 780 Ti
>no die shrink at all

A 7970 outperforms a 780ti these days.

>wccftech
Why isn't this website blacklisted yet?

+100$ for +50% performance in this case is good deal.
If 1170 cost +100$ and has +50% perf than its no brainer to buy.

Where does this stand w.r.t. Titan V?

>idiots will buy current gen still while 1180 is on cusp of release then sell used for a big loss in a couple months
Lel

not really you could get a used 1080 ti for less

Dumbo this is why you buy at release or just take the pain and wait till next time

Doubt this time with gpu algo asic miners now trickling out.

Now if only it supported FreeSync, then I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Of course it won't though.

>not really you could get a used 1080 ti for less
doubt 1080ti will fall so fast to 1170 price.
Also if price and performance would be similar between 1080ti and 1170 then I would still buy 1170 - for longer support and possibly newer API support

Have fun paying $1200 for one.
Remember how we all laughed at the $1000 price tag of the original Titan?

>70 series
>Titan price
the fuck are you talking about

>being a basedboy novidya nonfree shill

fuck off back to /v/

>free
go back to Jow Forums commie

they already go for around 600 in yurop and they will drop when the next gen arrives
the 1170 is rumored to be around 550 us dollars so around 600 too
I agree about the api support though but nvidia GPU works pretty well with everything for now
and so few games use vulcan and or even dx12

Retarded price inflation, and how people just bend over and take it like they did with gasoline prices.

It seems to work for Nvidia.
>Release new gen with increased prices
>AMD follows
>release new gen and increase prices again
>AMD follows again
>release new gen with great price/performance card that resets the price paradigm
>AMD has to hold off on reducing pricing until their new gen to avoid showing just how much they were screwing their customers
>Nvidia rakes in all the customers who were putting off buying a card.

They call it, "The GTX 970."

Attached: itsafeaturegoy.webm (690x388, 808K)

Thats least important to me since my 4k tv doesnt support freesync anyway

AMD fans still butthurt about it.

I just want to replace my dead card without paying a fortune for mediocre performance. So hurry up Nvidia.

It wasn't 50% though. More like 35%

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x1090, 40K)

Hmm. I wonder if I should upgrade my 970 to an 1170. Probably not

Going from 0.64 to 1.00 is a 56.25% increase.

Nah now that its so close to new gen, wait a couple months then get a used 1170 at an even lower price if that level of performance is still ok to you.

>t current 970 owner who is being patient

>he fell for the 970 meme when he could have gotten a 960 and played everything up until now on ultra
You sad little faggot.

970 is still so good arlt 1080p i just dont feel the need to upgrade

A 970 has to turn a couple settings down a notch just to play Fallout 4 at a steady 60fps. A 960 has no chance.

Holy shit, GTX 1170 is pretty much a 1080 ti with better power. I'm sold.

Yes, but you're still going to be replacing it with the new generation. Just like us 960 owners. But the difference is that we spent less than you.

960 was ass

>attempting to justify your more expensive overkill purchase when you know very well that you're going to buy the 1170 or 1180 as soon as it comes out
Again, the difference between you and me is that I spent less.

Im probably not gonna buy it i dont feel like buying a new monitor

970 works well at 1080p so im not complaining. Now I have a 4k 40” display and just play games at 1080p windowed until I get a better gpu. Biding time.

Power is what I least care about UNLESS it means lower heat overclocks that actually matter more than 5fps.

still works fine :^)

got mine from RMAing some shitty old second-hand AMD card, too

>only 183 performances
nvidia is finished and bankrupt

Attached: 1526077692633.jpg (499x499, 36K)

halo wars 2 beta, when the driver was out of nvidia's hands showed that they gimp the fuck out of the 780ti

maybe
nvidia has 2 options
1) put out a new gpu with lower margins and make some money
2) dont put out a new gpu and make far less money

considering that the 1080 was a mid range gpu die wise, their margins would be lower but not horrible.

there are a few retarded times to buy something

1) when its brand new and demand is so high they don't have to incentivise your purchase at all
2) when the new one is around the corner and you want an upgrade, not replacing a dead part.
3) when the part is rare and is being sold unjustifiable above msrp

wow its fucking nothing but the obvious and expected!
the new 70 beats the old 80? WHAT A FUCKING CONCEPT

Attached: 1525302398020.jpg (498x474, 61K)

Anyone here know CUDA C and how to implement a parallelized SGD on it?

>In terms of pricing, whispers say that NVIDIA is looking to charge more for the GTX 1170 as compared to the GTX 1070, with some whispers pointing to a price tag of around $499.

Attached: loving every laff m8.png (288x338, 104K)

i do . i need more frames . i have 120 hz monitor and i would like to keep those frames as high as possible

>30% bigger die
>more expensive new DDR6
>non-stop increases in commodity prices
Gee, I wonder why they're increasing the price?

Attached: 5933860+_3a84d73c2d3133cb0404d43e95f628e2.jpg (539x960, 33K)

>1070 outperforms 980ti
That's complete horse shit though. The only time the 1070 outperforms the 980 Ti is if you compare them stock versus stock, because the 980 Ti starts off much further from its average overclock. Push them both and the 980 Ti is faster.

Who 970 here : ^)

There's nobody willing to pay those prices now with miners

>He doesn't play his games on the default settings
>He turns everything up to max with minimal visual gains and brings his GPU to its knees.

Attached: a_girl_by_alkemanubis-db52zim.png (1600x2263, 1.52M)

>We've been telling you 1100 series is coming for the last 6 months you retard.
any how many more months until it's released? how many more for aftermarket cards?

>Just Wait™

Cool, so now I know how the mid range cards in 2020 will perform. I'm already disappointed.

So when is it coming? Fuck you in the ass. It's never coming.

outperforms 980ti
You see it's not true. Same as
>1060 outperforms 980
It was simply a marketing move.

So that in generation after that, when GDDR6 prices come down and die shrinks they could charge even more, since this price would be normal

Eh. I will be happy with a 1150Ti/1150
Heck, not really a gaymer, so probably even 1130 will do for me

>DDR6 costs
Its not that bad comparatively, take GDDR5 prices and add about 20%. But with GDDR5 and HBM prices being what they are... it'll be expensive. There's a reason most of the RX 580 cards in stock are 4 GB variants. There's some 8 GB 580's available but they are like $450-500.

heh, have a Freesync monitor and a RX 470 and kernel 4.17git4 doesn't support freesync anyway :') they are working on it in AMDs staging tree, so it'll get there eventually. And we did just get support for 10-bit colors. Still, though... freesync does not exist outside the wintendo/xbox/praystation

novideo's EPS is $4.82. That's pretty fucking far from "finished and bankrupt".

Of course they will. Nvidia can and will increase prices until/unless AMD shows up with something that performs wildly better at a radically lower price.

Most probably do what I see my nephews do; they increase each possible quality setting one at a time until the game starts stuttering and then they change the last two down a notch. It seems to work fine.

Nvidya has practically no competition these days m8.
AMD's best offer right now, the Vega 64, can barely keep up with a GTX 1080, while being more expensive and consuming more power.
So for those with the money for it, the 1080 Ti is the best option.

Therefore I honestly don't think this is bad. They could have done an "optimization" of Pascal this year, with 5% performance increase, and it still would have sold.
Look at what Intel has been doing in the last couple years. They are shamelessly re-releasing Skylake, with slightly higher clocks and 2 more cores after AMD urged a little progress from them.
Nvidia could easily have done the same, sell minor upgrades over a long period of time. They are selling the most popular computer component after all, and that was even before miners became a thing.
From their position, bringing a 50% improvement in performance is very generous, assuming OP's chart is accurate.

Attached: 1504117659935_0.gif (336x304, 1.73M)

this gif just made my 2AM a lot better

>actually comparing graphics cards to gasoline

Smells like BS, I expect Ampere/Volta units to have less of gain over their predecessors at gaming. Nvidia already tapped out TSMC's 14nm process with Pascal. They would have to add more blocks to their SKUs but that kills yields and drives up cost. Titan V already gives us a good idea of what to expect. 10-25% gain in gaming performance.

The days of massive performance jumps from a new generation have been over since Kepler/GCN 1.0

except Intel is completely fucked and if you don't see it now you'll see it next year
nvidia knows they can't afford to be caught with their pants down which is why they're always innovating
jensen isnt's stupid and knows that few bad products don't change that AMD generally punches way above their weight category

>Intel is completely fucked
No they are not. They still dominate the prebuilts, laptops and servers market. Enthusiasts desktop is a very small fraction.

You're focusing on now, but Intel's problems are entirely about the future.
10nm is fucked even after they revised their density target.
*Lake arch is pretty much maxed out. The only way to make it perform better is moar cores and that will make yields even worse.
They are only now starting with multi-die, while AMD already has a working solution in production.
Ringbus is shit at scaling and their mesh has problems with performance.
The only thing going for Intel is a vague promise of a new and better architecture in 2020/2021, but given their abysmal track record with new architectures I wouldn't bet on it.
Next year the 7nm Zen 2 releases. Just what the hell do you think Intel can match that with? Another Skylake refresh? And what about Zen3? What then?

Except now AMD makes better products in those areas and already has deals with DELL to sell them everywhere

I should also mention nothing written here is specific to their consumer products. Their enterprise stuff is affected just as much by it, if not more.

Literally Just wait ™

Amd doesn't have the economical muscle to compete with intel on OEM and Enterprise market. This isn't the first time AMD has better chips and still fail to make a good deal with major partners.

Good time to upgrade 1070. Or am I still good?

Attached: 1497423549209.gif (128x128, 186K)

>Just what the hell do you think Intel can match that with? Another Skylake refresh?
That's actually exactly what they're planning to do.

>Bots buy 1170 for 500$
>Sell it for more than 1500$
>Vega would be a cheap alternative
It's so absurd i really wish for it to happen

>anything below a Titan Xp is outdated and basically garbage.

If you can get another for around $280 would be good for SLI.

You girls can argue all you want about AMD CPUs/APUs being this and that vs Intel but the simple fact is that when I look at the local webshops it's ALL Intel or Intel+NVidia on the laptop and pre-built side of things. AMD simply isn't there.

Attached: amd-where.jpg (3805x2053, 1.07M)

thanks for the free stock advice user

>buying midrange parts for high-end prices
As expected from the gaymurs on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1522301929154.jpg (800x600, 53K)

>'performance' graph based on speculation
>another price increase
Absolutely based

the 10 series pretty thoroughly shat on the 9 series fampai. pre-miner MSRP for the 1060 and 1050ti was surprisingly reasonable for nvidia, probably to counter the RX480/580.

>"You're focusing on now, but Intel's problems are entirely about the future"
>"b-but people are buying intel r-right now!"
>future
>now
Fucking dumb cunt