So whats up with these two?

Why is Brave just a meme?
And whats up with Opera? Used it when it still ran the Presto engine (I think it was up until v12), then uninstalled it, when they got rid of Presto.
Are these good browsers?
I really wanna uninstall the jewish/leftist browsers Chrome and Firefox.

Attached: braveopera.jpg (395x216, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Opera is just quick reskin of chromium now, idk about Brave but it seems fishy to me

Just use Vivaldi

>leftist browsers
you have issues man. They are Jewish though

why am I reading this everywhere?
Is this another meme?

A reskin of Chromium doesnt sound bad as long as its not a google botnet

Firefox and Edge are now the only browsers that actually have their own engines.

And nobody wants to use Edge.

wat

nice meme desu

>I really wanna uninstall the jewish/leftist browsers Chrome and Firefox.
he said, whilst asking about two Chromium forks.

do we really need this fucking thread multiple times a day? come on already. and how does the political alignment of people who work at Google / Mozilla have to do with what you're able to do with a browser? sure, Chrome is pretty much locked down, but you can get way more privacy-related things in Firefox via fucking around in the about:config and giving yourself some good extensions. in that regard it's far more flexible than many other browsers out there. yes, Mozilla is full of faggots. yes, they have SJW bullshit running up and down their arseholes, but FF is still a perfectly acceptable browser to use so long as you mold it towards your preferences. Brave is basically just as "jewish" as those other browsers since it's actively looking into advertisement alternatives and it's basically the whole gimmick of the browser aside from being touted as some sort of privacy entrepreneur (it isn't). Brave is a for-profit browser, just like Firefox and Chrome. it isn't any fucking different.

please learn to use your brain and do your own research into what makes each browser palatable for you. the two best overall options are Ungoogled Chromium and Firefox (or Waterfox if you're really that triggered by Mozilla). i mostly use surf and qutebrowser for casual browsing, though. keyboard driven lightweight browsers are superior.

>doesnt sound bad as long as its not a google botnet
it literally uses Google APIs... how fucking dense are you? learn to do your own research.

I'd use edge if they actually released their engine on other platforms.

This. Stop making this fucking thread everyday. It feels like stealth Brave shilling.

>FF is still a perfectly acceptable browser
Not since they dropped sandbox support for ALSA. Fuck Mozilla.

fair enough. the sandboxing is pretty garbage in FF anyway, though. especially when compared to Chromium's new strict-site-isolation. honestly Mozilla has been having a lot of problems in the past year and if it wasn't for the anti-fingerprinting countermeasures and better uBlock/uMatrix support i probably would have dropped them entirely.

so can I unbotnet Firefox?
what do I need to change in the config?

brave literally breaks Jow Forums posting and recaptcha even if you disable the stupid "shield"

brave is bloated shit and arguably takes up even more ram than chrome

Opera is more efficient at blocking than Brave, and allows extensions, but it is run by Chinese merchants now. Brave is open source and based on Chromium, but it's inefficient at blocking, implementing some questionable shit similar to Mozilla, and lock down extensions.

In my opinion, you should just use a Firefox fork. Waterfox is always a good choice, and it has a mobile counterpart now. Pale Moon is good for desktop. Firefox itself is fine if you're okay with messing about in the config, and then it's just as good as Waterfox if not better. You really shouldn't let the political leanings of a development team influence your choices, especially if the browser remains open source and free.

I'm fine with it as long as its working properly and its not a botnet.
In my opinion Chrome is working the best but its the biggest botnet and I want to get rid of it.
I will probably switch to Firefox now

>its not a botnet
they're browsers connecting to the internet is what they do
why would anyone ever fucking use a browser that by default installs extensions to shill TV shows?

Firefox shills need a good fucking smack.

Brave is the fastest browser according to benchmarks, but it has a shitty ABP instead of uBO which means it's performance and ad filtering is not as good as it should be.
They don't know what to do with the browser. First they said "it's a privacy oriented browser", but then they used Blink as well as a really bad adblocker/trackerblocker. Then they say they want to fight ads but they themselves are becoming an ad company (see: BAToken). They also said they'll monetize the browser once they reach 1M users (android) all while being "against monetization". BAT is a pyramid scheme as well.

Eh, Firefox is not a proper botnet despite what anti-Mozilla zealots will say. It has botnet components, sure. But no more than other browsers, and the Mozilla team does still stand for a free and open web with a semi emphasis on privacy. Just don't use sync, modify the config according to the privacytools.io guide, and enjoy your decent browser.
They realized their mistake with this, promptly undid the changes, and resolved never to do it again. You shouldn't bash someone for making a mistake. Especially not one that never affected the browsing experience. There weren't any components to it that carried any risk aside from a mild annoyance from seeing it in the extension list.

will look into the recommendations on privacytools.io now
thanks!

brave is foss u know best android browser etc check code if paranoid all good yea

Brave was made or is run by the guy who was kicked out of Mozilla for having non-PC thoughtcrimes, so you're clearly retarded

Opera is owned by the Chinese now.

write "telemetry" in about:config's search bar, and switch from true to false everything you see there, then disable pocket by writing it on he search bar, and you are ready to go.

>why am I reading this everywhere?
Not that guy but maybe just because it's just a decent browser. It werks on my machine.

Opera is Chrome with actual features

>Opera is Chrome with actual features
What a shame. Opera used to be Opera with even more actual features.