KDE made me cry

Lasted a week, gave up, back to Ubuntu Budgie.

Attached: MVIMG_20180513_110914.jpg (3300x2425, 2.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_myths?rd=FedoraMyths#MYTH_-_Fedora_is_unstable_and_unreliable.2C_just_a_testbed_for_bleeding-edge_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why not fedora workstation?

Jesus CHRIST that looks hideous

Budgie > *

Can you explain what made you leave KDE?

stop using systemd

why?

Attached: loonix.jpg (1000x1000, 282K)

>Installing a new version of the OS just to switch DEs

Attached: 1494213925381.png (600x1000, 453K)

social brownie points for shilling budgie on Jow Forums

and then you move to Windows.

>those colors
What are you, gey?!

bubuntu

nice blog fag

Because maybe he doesn't want to be a free tester for RHEL?

slack users retire to gentoo

You do realize that you're on Jow Forums right?
Most likely 70% of it's users are gay...

More like 95%

>Can you explain what made you leave KDE?
Not him, but requirement to make a blowfish or pgp key is retarded.
And the fact that I get prompted EVERY BOOT is infuriating.

The fact that I have to enter wifi password every time if I don't want this shit is just awful too.

Just leave the password blank

>free tester for RHEL?

lol

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_myths?rd=FedoraMyths#MYTH_-_Fedora_is_unstable_and_unreliable.2C_just_a_testbed_for_bleeding-edge_software

than you for including Fedora

I like Fedora

Support Fedora

He's right, though. The KDE flavor of Fedora must have been the worst KDE experience I ever had bar none.

>Just leave the password blank
Would be nice if they mentioned this somewhere

Install Solus instead. Ubuntu budgie is fuckin terrible in comparison to solus. A lot of people meme on the repository of solus but it has everything you could want.

Just tried Solus.
Vis is version 0.4, which is a year old. Not a good sign.

kys

Attached: Captura de pantalla de 2018-05-13 15-22-42.png (1600x900, 1.31M)

committing suicide won't fix the problem

I wish that would help but the damage has already been done. Not that your picture helps, this is goddamn awful looking what the hell

I tried KDE neon on a recommendation from another Jow Forums user. What a disaster. Immediately after installing it errors when trying to reboot. Default fonts are awful (don't believe me--use a 1440+ monitor and size 6 fonts and you'll see what I mean real quick. Task bar is very buggy with multi-monitor support and often displays an older version/or otherwise incorrect version of the taskbar. Neon is also based on ubuntu 16.04--that alone is reason enough to try a better distro. Back to gnome for me.

Same. Neon was a total disappointment.

Fedora's KDE is best KDE. It's stable as fuck.

That's like saying it's the best piece of shit in the port-a-potty.

You literally reinstall operating systems for desktops? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Don't you know you can just uninstall the desktop, the full suite, and install the one you want, the whole suite? Idiot

Nah. Windows is a joke. Every other alternative is better in every single way

Yeah I think I saw it in a forum somewhere
consider making a bug/enhancement report

This but after fedora I've gone back to arch. Now that I'm more savvy, it feels like fedora is more difficult. Arch just works, unironically.

99% of distros break when you do this

fuck off Pedro

Budgie is just faux-minimal Gnome garbage. That being said, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with KDE neon, I like it out of the box. I generally don't pick KDE for a machine though.

you could like update it yourself or remind the package maintainers to do so

How do I do that?

In Void there is an excellent "xbps-src" for that with direct PRs to the main repo. How is this done in Solus?

it fixes all problems

"this is goddamn awful looking what the hell"
-Your mom, when she first saw you

BISITOR

Did you even read the link, dipshit? It literally fucking says that RH uses Fedora as a platform for the development of new technologies for RHEL. Wew lad. Now had I said "maybe he doesn't want to be a free tester for bleeding edge packages" which, since Fedora is anything BUT bleeding edge I'd have been retarded to say that, THEN you'd be right.

Technically every linux machine is a “fedora workstation”

Xubuntu is better.

>-Your mom, when she first saw you
So you're saying that abortion would've saved the world from a big disappointment in both cases

You can use Kleopatra which is a nice gui for gpg, or leave blank password.
Also, you don't have to reinstall to change de you brainlet.

lol, what a fag

post wallpaper, please

>Also, you don't have to reinstall to change de you brainlet.
If you want left over garbage, then of course.
I don't.

That's especially true for some APT based distributions with retarded dependencies and strange meta-packages.

douche... I was upgrading to U18.

You can upgrade via apt.

i started with antergos in vm for webdev and used for more than a year, no problems
then used ubango variants in vm for practical reasons of working with 'enterprise grade software' (horrible horrible sphagetticodein5languagesblob, so it's less likely to break)
then used debian because stable and good arite, oh and old af software, fuckit
then tried ubango 17.04 cuz new and shiny, but gnome was an untable as shit, poo-colored turd with memoryt leak and gave me severe frustration and distrust in canonical
back to antergos and things work errytime

still dont get the 'arch is unstable' meme

Every machine you sit at anyway.

Attached: rGuX2Uv.jpg (1000x672, 65K)

lol what?
>uninstall kde-desktop suite
>install gnome-desktop suite
>just works
are you bullied?

not him but I had just about every DE and TWM known to man installed on Arch, would constantly switch between them just because. No issues

no shit? how about I like my system clean and it's not much less time to do a clean install and resync

not him, but I found KDE to be buggy and it has a lot of design issues. I was drawn to KDE back when I used cinnamon because it just looked really slick and the base applications were good. I began using it and often ran into various desktop components crashing or locking up at 100% cpu usage. The components that were the most troublesome were plasmashell and krunner. Crashes were daily at some points. plasmashelll also had broken font rendering when I first started it up. once in a while the screen locker would break, which was annoying. I've been using XFCE for 8 months now and I've had the panel crash maybe 3 times and xscreensaver twice.
One other really irritating thing I ran into was the networkmanager interface entering a state where it becomes unable to save changes.
in addition to the bugs, there are some bizarre design choices. The notification system is irritating and you can't see dolphin file transfer progress if you disable it. The lack of control over the autocomplete order in krunner makes slows me down. The general lack of modularity of KDE applications and exclusive systemd/Linux support is pretty shit. It took them forever to port KDE5 to freebsd.

>no onions un roboto
>top_kek.gif

>that terminal titlebar

Attached: 1519011376343.jpg (1273x922, 113K)

RKhunter
also ClamAV/tk confirmed for never coming to solus
useless garbage

Linux desktop developers can't into user polish.

They get lots of usability enhance request that they just ignore outright.

You're such a beta pleb.

came here to say this

Why would you say this? What were you even thinking? You're not even slightly correct.

I thought this had a deeper meaning related to redhat sticking its tentacles in everything and most distros having systemd, but then I realized you meant something much more inane.

I’ve had no problem

How is fedora more difficult?

is this entire thread satire or Jow Forums has become this retarded? man you are giving /x/ a run for their money.