/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
phonearena.com/news

Previous

Attached: 1475203015396.jpg (591x591, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-g6-moto-e5-series-poor-software-support/
banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-2-Global-Bands-5_99-inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-835-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1198702.html
phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-6-price-release-date-leak_id104890
amazon.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Unlocked-Global-Warranty/dp/B06Y199WWL/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1526246610&sr=8-8&keywords=xiaomi
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
techradar.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-redmi-note-5-and-the-note-5-pro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop buying chinkphones. Start buying nip-phones.

Attached: xperia z5 compact.jpg (3745x3021, 998K)

Moto g5s + or mi a1

they changed their design language and look like shit now, old sony phones were based tho

>they changed their design language and look like shit now
Care to post an example?

Attached: xz2-and-xz2-comp_-5-2-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 206K)

and the back looks awful too

Why do all good things must come to an end?

You better explain why YOU haven't bought any of these 3 phones yet, Jow Forums.

Attached: moto-g6-plus-g6-g6-play-3.jpg (1600x1200, 396K)

25 days until the reveal

Attached: blackberry-athena-keytwo-leak-angles-001-1280x1217.jpg (1280x1217, 144K)

not released yet? (holy shit do I regret buying the g5s plus) these ones look good

Are they gonna be expensive?

This shit
>The new Motorola phones have their plus points, including stock Android and useful software features. However, they will have a major flaw: poor software support.

>At one point, Motorola was known for providing quick software updates to its devices. Unfortunately,that hasn’t been true for quite some time. Phones such as theMoto G5S Plusand theMoto G5 Plus (as well as other Motorola devices) still haven’t received theirAndroid Oreoupdate yet, despite the fact that eight months have passed since Android Oreo’s release.

>Motorola has now stated that the Moto G6, G6 Plus, and G6 Play will get one major Android update. However, the Moto E5 series is not guaranteed a major update. When it comes to security updates, there is more bad news. The Moto G and Moto E series will not get monthly security updates. Instead, updates will reportedly arrive every 60-90 days.

xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-g6-moto-e5-series-poor-software-support/

I already have a G5+ with the 625 so
>the g6 would be identical
>the g6+ would have worse efficiency and battery drain since it's basically and overclocked 625
and the g6play is a meme

They are trying to look generic now to increase sales, lets see if it works.

Do you have any interest in the Red Hydrogen One releasing in August?

Attached: redhydrogen.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

Sammy does the same bs and pretty much forgets any phones other than the S and note series and don't see the issue here and montly security updates and a meme anyway I don't see the Issue with them releasing updates every 2-3 months.

Their updates are shit, but remember that only 4.5% Is oreo on the market.

There's manufacturers other than Lenovo and Samsung. Android One phones like Mi A1 or Nokia phones are guaranteed two major version updates and get monthly security updates for three years.

posted as the thread ended.
Anyone have personal experience with either the Nokia 7 plus or 2017 Nokia 8?

Any feedback/comparison?

Attached: nokia_7_plus-ROW-details-black.png.jpg (592x1140, 54K)

Attached: unihertz jelly.jpg (1600x1200, 406K)

Just an update!

Sold my broken s9 for $900, claimed the insurance on Verizon and got an iPhone X pretty much for free.

I bet you Niggers feel retarded after making fun of my morals yesterday

@65922094
Weak bait

returned my Nokia 8 because screen was peeling off. screen is great, 10 hours of SOT. camera is great with Gcam HDR+. stock android is awesome.

would recommend

>Mi A1

It might get a lot of updates but It has a fuck ton of bugs If you haven't read the forums and xda already.

So do Moto phones, just have a look at the Lenovo support forum, plenty of hardware and software issues

ZTE is not dead

Attached: file.png (890x597, 300K)

I know that already, my point is that fast updates don't always fix things. I hope that we both can agree on that.

holy fuck it's real

I'm buying the regular Moto G6, what are some good cases I could get for it? Any strong recommendations?

It comes with a regular clear soft tpu case that's the one I'm using but you could always buy a better one I don't sure what to recommend there's a in amazon.

Are there any hot deals on china phones right now?

Attached: 1524352274486.png (601x884, 434K)

Axon 8 when

G7 ThinQ or U12?
S9 isn't an option since I can't get 845 version of it.
P20Pro has such a bad camera that I don't want to blow money on it

Weird, I bought a phone from amazon a week ago. They said delivery should be due the 25th, but I've checked and it will be there tomorrow afternoon. Oh well, I love that kind of surprises

Nokia 6.1 or Honor 7X?

Attached: 1516751067783.png (250x250, 46K)

I don't know if it's still working but here you go

>Talking about Mi Mixes, Banggood has got the Mi Mix 2 on sale for $354.99 with the coupon 5BGMix2
>banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-2-Global-Bands-5_99-inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-835-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1198702.html

Saw this... but I don't get why it's so cheap compared to other sites and I can't tell if it comes with an NA charger & if it's the global version.

Then have you tried /csg/? I think they have a coupon or something like that

>banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-2-Global-Bands-5_99-inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-835-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1198702.html

I have the coupon and I have had this phone in my cart for a while now but it only says "global bands", not "global version", which has me worried... plus the images all say "EU Charger". I'll have to go ask in /csg/ I guess.

Are you getting the Oneplus 6, Jow Forums?

Attached: Massive-OnePlus-6-leak-reveals-prices-release-date-and-nice-looking-renders.jpg (680x453, 30K)

>notch
nah

phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-6-price-release-date-leak_id104890

Apparently the whole thing just leaked.

The question is, why should I? It's more pricey than alternatives that are similarly spec'd.

>NOTCH

OH NO NO NO

DOA

Could you name a few? Genuinely interested.

I don't know... I just pulled it out of my ass.

But from what I understand, there's no reason to get a +1 other than brand loyalty. With companies like Xiaomi, great budget phones like the Note 5 Pro, Mi Mix 2, etc... I don't know why I should spend $800+ tax CAD on the 1+6.

I've just ordered a redmi 5 plus because a nigger mugged my phone and I really like its looks. How did I do, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1516549788177.jpg (1200x948, 121K)

>those huge fucking bezels again on top of outrageously high prices

Do sony employees literally eat shit?

>holy shit do I regret buying the g5s plus
why?

You could have gotten a Redmi Note 5 for a bit more, but it's still okay.
My Redmi 5 plus will arrive tomorrow, I'll tell you if the shill was justified or not

Whats the best smartphone I can get for ~250USD? Looking at the Redmi Note 5 Pro potentially, or the G5 Plus. Just use my phone for talk, text, normie apps, and then some nip mobile game or two.

because i already own 3 phones, and depending how nice the key2 is, 4.

Both of you did good. The battery life is phenomenal (easily a day and a half even on custom ROMs). Sadly, the screen isn't. I'm still continuing my search for perhaps a flagship with a micro SD card slot, 3.5mm jack and good custom ROM support. It seems almost impossible.

I'll stick to canuck phones

Best music composing (not producing) app?

someone just sold me a moto g4 play for $300. said it can play the latest games. heartstone laggs. did i get scammed

Yeah, a new G5+ costs 170€
Why did you buy something without cheking the price beforehand?

She single? Really wanna bang a drunk nun.

Fuck should I know?

She's in a long-term relationship with God, retard.
She'll drink with you, sure, but you'll never get in her pants.
She's a qt, though. Guess nuns have left the convent in the past, but it's still exceptionally rare for them to break the Order like that.

>someone just sold me a moto g4 play for $300

Attached: ñ_ñ.png (235x184, 59K)

pls

Get the G5 Plus and call it a day

A Redmi Note 5 if you're okay with chinkshit
or a G5 plus if you plan to install custom ROMs (you won't get updates)
or a Nokia 6.1 if you care about updates but with a locked bootloader

Whats the issue w ith chinkshit? Do they break easily?

And is there a major differnece between the Note 5 and the redmi 5 plus?

It's hilarious how all the phone makers copy the iphone notch, the worst point of iPhones. Together with ditching the headphone jack.
iPhones are literally destroying the smartphone market

Because my Moto X Play is still doing great

Attached: gsmarena_001[1].jpg (728x455, 115K)

>Whats the issue with chinkshit?
Just some people don't like them. Also, if you're in the US, you have to be careful with your carrier, a lot of phones won't work.

>major differnece between the Note 5 and the redmi 5 plus
Better SoC (even if the 625 is the most efficient SoC), a double camera and I think a better screen.

>the worst point of iPhones
It has become a selling point, you get more screen estate to put the notification bar. It's an esthetic issue, so people adapt quickly.

and mine isn't, not even 3h sot now

Why? What's the point of reviving a shitty phone company?

How? Do you use it on full brightness like a normie or something?

Mine used to get 13 hours SOT at the beginning. After nearly 2 years it went down to 10 on average.

Now I don't know because I've started using my phone differently (pretty much all audio - radio, podcasts, occasionally music) so SOT isn't a good measure any more. I barely use the display.

Best phone for the US for about $200?`

Except the essential phone did it better.

>tfw chad battery life
Thank you based chinks

Attached: IMG_20180513_221730.jpg (1080x2160, 70K)

You just paid $300 for a $50 phone

what phone?

Redmi Note 5

Why can't chinkphones work in the US? Why can't they get the bands?

Attached: 1522417788759.png (801x810, 557K)

because you have an ancient infrastructure you refuse to let go of

Post that webm, is very cute.

What is that supposed to be, a phone for ants?

>tfw no Meizu M6s with normal 16:9 aspect ratio instead of the stupid new one

Not an actual nun lmao

>phone A which isn’t out yet vs phone b which isn’t out yet
Get pixel 2

played some games on it

>Can't find Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S on Amazon
I don't want to get CHINKED

Is redmi note 4 global still a good buy?
amazon.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Unlocked-Global-Warranty/dp/B06Y199WWL/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1526246610&sr=8-8&keywords=xiaomi

Does the Redmi Note 5 Pro have a better display than the Redmi Note 5? Or are panels the same?
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php

Someone has to know, come on.

Based

Attached: ff.png (775x426, 550K)

I haven't really searched about that but from techradar
>The display and battery is similar on paper, but in real the display on the Redmi Note 5 Pro looks better.
techradar.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-redmi-note-5-and-the-note-5-pro

Nokia is da wey, brotha

Thank you very much. Is there anyone here who has used both devices to confirm?

On the question of frequency:
If 1/6 frequencies are compatible with US LTE coverage how often will I even see 4G speeds in an urban East Coast area?

My Nexus 6 is really running flat now, I'm considering a Honor 7X/Huwaei (tfw Xiaomi barely works in the US)

Attached: 1470783818293.png (905x619, 566K)

>returned my Nokia 8 because screen was peeling off. screen is great, 10 hours of SOT. camera is great with Gcam HDR+. stock android is awesome.
>would recommend

Thank you for the feedback kind user!
The compliments you mentioned, are those for the 7 plus? Or the Nokia 8 you returned?

It depends on your coverage, you can find maps of that online

Well done

ah
well, if they're 3D games, that's very power intensive. 3 hours of that is decent.
Next time you can, measure your SOT of just normal things, like browsing. It'll be a lot high I reckon.