SSD, Are they worth it?

I have an old IBM Thinkcentre with a Pentium 4. I use it for playing late 90's and early 00's games. It is a pretty nice machine. The only downside is the loading times on some games is really slow.

Is it worth my time putting in an SSD H/drive in it?

Attached: ssd.jpg (550x389, 19K)

Considering you could use the $100-200 for a SSD to provide loos for 35 street shitters, ask yourself, is it really worth it?

SSDs are great.

Not going to spend £100 to £200. I can get a 120 gig SSD for about £30 off Amazon.

Does it even have sata ports?

Is this even a serious question in 2018?

If you can spend 35$ then yes if not then don't post here pajeet

Yes, it has 2 of them

>120gb
Less storage than a phone with an SD

So what? He's running 90s software, it's not going to take any space. My Win10 install takes 23GB and my Linux installs take even less. If I could still buy 60GB ssds I would.

How much RAM do you have on it?
> Also an SSD would be a huge improvement

Yes fucker damn

absolutely, the performance increase for things such as boot times, searching for files, load times for programs/games, data transfer speeds, etc is night and day. Its one of those things that you dont really notice that much before you switch, then after you do you wont ever be able to go back. Like I could never go back to 10s+ boot times, or taking less than 2 seconds to open photoshop and actually use it, or writing to the disk at

Absolutely. Get a 240 or 500 gb disk and you can transfer it over to any machine after your IBM hits the shitter

>2018
>Not having an SSD
You're only hurting yourself here

>2018
>Still using HDD for programs
Jesus fucking christ I bet you're using 480i 19" monitors too. For a technology board this place seriously is full the cheapest motherfuckers I've ever seen.

What SSD is that? which SSD has 8 NAND chips?

The answer is obvious
Get one if load times are your problem and if your PC actually has SATA ports

samsung 840 pro 256GB

pentium 4 in 2018. they must be pajeets.

SSD is a must my dude.

Also you will be surprised what it can do to an old machine.

Installed one to an Atom, the performance gain was huge.

How dramatic was the gain?
Can a SSD make an atom bearable?

>I use it for playing late 90's and early 00's games.
You're probably too stupid to even plug an SSD in, kid. Don't worry about it.