>Windows 10 can run on a mobile

It's over: twitter.com/ADeltaXForce/status/995728526904057856
twitter.com/imbushuo/status/995282677648445442
Windows Won Me

Attached: Dc_2S8hUQAErQIg.jpg (1200x900, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/imbushuo/Lumia950XLPkg
windowscentral.com/how-microsoft-downplaying-qualcomms-poor-performing-always-connected-pcs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yay more mobile botnet

icuck btfo

Yeah, it's called a windows phone, retard. They have been around for a while now

>W10 on mobile
>your phone updates against your will in the middle of a phone call

can be run*

This is the desktop version of Windows 10 no the "Windows Mobile 10".

Attached: DdGJy_VXcAA8n7Y.jpg (675x1200, 54K)

>"Why isn't he answering?"

Attached: Bogdanoff-.jpg (480x360, 54K)

This has been known for a while but there's 2 huge gotchas:

1.) x86 emulation is done on the entire OS inside an x86 VM which greatly sacrifices performance as emulating x86 on this scale incurs a huge performance penalty and efficient multi-threading is virtually non-existent (ie QEMU).

2.)x86 emulation takes place on win32 programs being run on windows S ARM veriant where the OS runs as close to the metal as possible. A lesser performance penalty still applies and again multi-threading is virtually non-existent (ie exagear).

Both options suck ass if you want to do more than shit post on Jow Forums on a desktop browser.

Attached: 1524102691579.jpg (960x1081, 125K)

adding to this: ARM has insanely low ST IPC so this exponentially worsens everything

>using a desktop OS with supertiny buttons and an unoptimized interface for mobile phones
>calling it a good thing
Yeah, no.

in theory it could be practical with a stylus (keyboard could be swipe) but the shitty x86 emulation and low ST performance alone makes this no better than a raspberry pi at best

Yeah, that's called launching remote desktop app, connecting to your home PC and posting bullshit on twitter.

It's usable.

Attached: Cpu.jpg (1280x654, 81K)

I'd install it if it was compatible with the 640.
W10 on 1gb of RAM in a "VM" would be fun.

Isn't it limited to Windows Store applications?

>using a stylus on a phone
That's the stupidest thing ever. Windows used to do this and that's what made them cling on to the "smartphones are a meme" band and then they realize they fucked up.

What's the point?

Why would you want to run legacy shit, gayms and creativity suites on a fucking smartphone

There are apps for almost everything now.

no, it's the desktop version.

Attached: W.jpg (639x580, 51K)

full windows in emulation like the other anons said. perfomance wise it's like using a netbook from 2009 with win 10 installed

Why are you even browsing Jow Forums - technology fucker?

Okay now do a GNU/Linux install

Attached: tips fedora.jpg (1536x2048, 598K)

It only work with MS/Nokia phones?

Anyone remember when Steve Jobs unveiled iPhone and said it runs OSX? This is like that. It sounds unbelievable then you realize it's a nightmare

Ever hear of Windows IoT? braindead idiot.

Windows IoT doesn't have any kind of GUI.

Attached: DcosDc4U0AAY_fe.jpg (512x1024, 74K)

There is already desktop Windows (not mobile edition) running on tablets. Why did it take this long for it to run on a phone?

CIA

Attached: 1512271257545.png (509x414, 154K)

github.com/imbushuo/Lumia950XLPkg

WOW an OS dedigned to work in tablets, actually work in tablets

is that a swastika?

What is Android, Alex?

fuck windows on any platform. after M$ changed azure to linux they declared they own products suck

No man
The stylus was used to make the resistive touch screen bearable to use
Also it's Nokia that clinged to the idea that smartphones were a meme
Styluses on smartphones are the comfiest shit ever for a wide variety of tasks

>it was the majority shareholder of the biggest smartphone os that clinged to the idea that smartphones were a meme
totally man. so true.
touchscreen does not equal smartphone. find a rope.

Finally Microsoft got its dream of the NT system being multiarch

I had win10 on 2009 c2d laptop with 4GB of Ram.
>Super slow one-tab-browsing machine*
>zero multitaskng

*not applicable if infinite scroll website is involved

This just makes it more confusing
Are you saying symbian want an smartphone os?
Because it was, even before smartphones as we know them now started to proliferate

Azure is also windows.

wtf I love rootkitted, botnet, locked down, proprietary, CIAnigger phones now!

The first versions of Windows NT ran on Alpha, PPC, and MIPS in addition to x86. Additionally Windows CE ran on MIPS, ARM, SuperH, PPC, and x86.

How so? iToddler said nokia believed smartphones were a meme even though they owned symbian and ran the whole game before android took hold so I asked him to end it by way of rope for being so retarded.

It might have been confusing if you only read the first line.

>ARM64
>Windows
>Windows 10
Who the fuck wants that shit? If you are in ARM64 there are way better shit you could be running instead. What are you even gonna install on that Wangblows? There is nothing.

>iToddler said nokia believed smartphones were a meme even though they owned symbian and ran the whole game before android took hold
But that's exactly what happened
C'mon man my dad used to work at Nokia from 1997 to 2007 before he went on and created his own telecomms company

>he doesn't know about shitty PDAs
>he doesn't know about Windows Mobile OS
It required shitty pencils and everyone was glad they could ditch those as soon as touch screens on smartphones became the norm.

so can GNU/Linux though

people typically don't because its awful and just easier to use a system optimised for a small touch screen

It's kind of amazing how the ui makes it look like it's a giant tablet

Nobody had those.
The general momentum was;
Moto flips > Blackberries > iPhones.

The note line was really only popular for its stylus and that was years after the move to touch screens which contradicts your worldview.

Almost like it was designed for use on a giant tablet

Attached: microsoft-surface-pro-4-9312.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 135K)

Not GNU

Almost like I was talking about perspective. Too grand of a concept for ya bud?

..and you can run superios OS (GNU/Linux) on almost any android phone, plus you have a lot of software (which windows on arm would never have), so loonix won

Attached: 1526270835062.jpg (4160x2340, 2.98M)

>Muh OS freedom
>muh superiority
>Muh complexity

Stop it, No one thinks you are cool or smart for using "superios OS (GNU/Linux)", for the rest of us you sound like a retard baby whose parents beat for fun.

That an old Note3?

>

Attached: 1526273619549.jpg (688x1434, 184K)

that's not my photo, so i don't know
but i think it's note 3 or 4, not sure which one

>he doesn't know about shitty PDAs
>he doesn't know about Windows Mobile OS
>It required shitty pencils
That's because they used resistive touch screen
Stylus on capacitative touch screen are top notch

Now that's some good shit

Attached: O4.jpg large.jpg (1280x518, 53K)

I wonder if windows-on-arm is becoming a way to bring back Windows Mobile.

Their continuum feature was a great concept.

Not only that but using a stylus on a phone is retarded. It's exactly why those things died the second touchscreens came out. They weren't optimized for touch input. Windows 10 on a phone is literally an OS begging for a stylus, but it's a shit experience.

Oh boy, I'm having lumia nostalgia right now.

Attached: 1512043462429.jpg (1080x1920, 159K)

This... this is a real concern

Makes me wonder, can an x86 emulated on a 2GHz ARM even reach speeds of a 200MHz Pentium MMX? Seems doubtful to me

literally a nothing burger

Generally speaking it's fast enough to emulate most productivity software, maybe even simple indie games.

>downloads 5GB of """important""" updates over mobile data
>takes 5 hours to update
>runs out of battery during update process
>phone is now a brick

>Also it's Nokia that clinged to the idea that smartphones were a meme
How? They were releasing Symbian smartphones (yes) for years and years, they were around way before Android and even before Apple memephones

I'm sorry he meant to say Linux not GNU/Linux

imagine plugging in that giant usb cable

>frm winphone owner
>this is just win8 moblie "Metro" rebadged I'll bet.
>winphones are akshully not bad (nokia NOT "Microsoft")
>but... enjoy never finding anything vaguely interdasting on the store

So...why do I care?

Can I run full-fat x86 programs? Can I grab a exe off my desktop to run? Can I jam a bunch of server software on it and have a little mobile hosting station?

Wasn't that supposed to be the point of Windows 10, a unified environment across all platforms?

are you me? my tablet literally BRICKED last night because battery ran out during spring creator's update install.
can't be bothered to fix it now.

I was only meming actually. Sad to see M$ are really this retarded.

>recommended to not using battery power when doing update
>"heh can't be that bad"
>complain when his tablet bricked

Thats 30 year bloated platform that runs on a 2000mAh portable device.
Good luck with your battery life and usability.

dude, how the fuck I supposed to install the update if it requires external drive to do its operation? My tablet only has one USB port for charging and data.

Install LTSB on that thing if you can.

Maybe they want a tablet type of device that's actually good for Windows and this is just experimenting.

They tried that recently and failed once again:
windowscentral.com/how-microsoft-downplaying-qualcomms-poor-performing-always-connected-pcs

Looks like a clusterfuck.

Just lol.

that's pretty cool

Looks comfy.