Recently, I've been having lack of motivation for coding. I'd spend my whole day playing games...

Recently, I've been having lack of motivation for coding. I'd spend my whole day playing games, then think how I should code something just to keep my skills in tact, but it would repeat the next day. Did it ever happen to any of you? How did you get the motivation back? I feel like group project with people I know would be fun but I have no inspiration.

Attached: apyrrr.jpg (800x450, 46K)

It's happening to me too user, got zero motivation to work on anything new, or maintain things I've already got going.

I've gave up on many ideas because of this. Maybe we are just lazy pieces of shit kek.

>Maybe we are just lazy pieces of shit kek.
Probably, I tried working on something yesterday, and ended up deleting it all because "it's crap, and probably won't work anyway, and there's no point to it all"

I'm starting to think that technology was a mistake.

What game? Small projects related to the game can be a fun way to practice a new language or API; learn mod tools, build a replay parser, data unpacker, etc.

Also just trying something completely different than what you're used to, working through a lisp or haskell tutorial can be a nice change of pace if you haven't used those languages before.

This also happened to me recently. Wait some days till a random idea comes into your head

Game is Neverwinter, I got around 20 hours in 2 and a half days. I think I'll try having a group project as I feel up to interacting with people
This has been going for about a month now

drig? dreeg? wtf is dreeg

It means "friend" or "comrade" y is like "oo" as in root for example

after googling it's actually "droog", or friend. thatnks for going on this journey with me. by the way i did not read the OP

Oh...

Meh, I get ideas but a few hours later I'll have abandoned them as "unworkable", or "uninteresting", or "probably been done much better by someone else". It's intolerable, I've lost all my joy.

thank you! of course of all the i/e sounds in russian, the character that makes that sound in english is different

make something that will earn you money
there is nothing better than that

I know the feeling... pretty damn bad

by the way laziness is a normal human condition don't be hard on yourself

Attached: medium.com_@Apoc._problem-dissolving-a9abcbba85b6(iPad Pro).png (755x3142, 322K)

>Image
>Freud
kek

No problem
I guess, but I still need a good idea
I've got plenty of it

I have struggled with this best way I've dealt with it.

1 lower your expectations. Try and tackle a small task, update your IDE, review a code snippet to tweak, and work for maybe 30 minutes max, then walk away and do whatever you want after a few days you punch through and hit a groove and maybe code for 8 hours straight...this is how all creative disciplines work.

The worst thing you can do is force it or quit completely because you forced it and burnt out. Just dial it back and nibble .

Hmm I'll try that user. I don't use an IDE though, but I got the point. I know exactly what I'll toon up.

TABLETS