Hey guys I’m the guy from last night that was talking about the ADM-3A and asking about free software I think I have...

Hey guys I’m the guy from last night that was talking about the ADM-3A and asking about free software I think I have a good idea but idk

Attached: E5A9A1AF-C78D-48B5-A74C-F7D186AF2FE0.jpg (736x552, 45K)

Attached: 1510007539867.webm (480x270, 2.74M)

How hard do you guys think it would be to take out the os of an apple iPhone add some different modifications and put it back in?

Hey this threads pretty interesting to me as I have a Lear Siegler ADM-5 terminal I use for a SWTPC

Any other neat things I can do with it?
Do you have an archive link to your old thread?

Attached: Lear Siegler (LSI) ADM-5.jpg (2153x1919, 777K)

I don’t have an ADM-3A yet o want to get one for coding how has yours been for doing what you do so far and I’ll try to find the link

I mainly got mine to work with old s100 computers as a terminal. When one in good conditioned turned up at a good price, I bought it. You can use modern PCs as terminals, but I think that's no fun and wanted to be period correct.

Even with a monitor, I would need something for typing like a tv typewriter, so a terminal makes things easier for me and looks neat near the box and setup I have going.

The display is still pretty good, but I think I could make improvements and have it be brighter if I bothered to open it up and do some repairs.
I'd mainly just use it for hacking around in old programming languages and processor stuff. Write old programs that other people wrote up nearly 40 some years ago then save to old things like cassettes or 8 inch floppies.

Attached: 11882__545x566_IMG_0951.jpg (544x566, 201K)

Can you post a pic of your setup?

If the screen is dim it could just be the picture tube wearing out

Very hard if it's has not being jailbroken yet. Otherwise just hard.

You don't need a special computer to learn programming but messing with old tech and computer you don't need to be afraid to break is always fun and instructive.

Attached: 1473551906020.gif (350x258, 1.55M)

And btw, writing your own toy OS is doable as a first programming challenge but wont be very easy or fast. I don't if I remembered to reply to this last question last night.

Attached: 1483409642760.jpg (430x602, 374K)

Can you post a pic of your setup?

Attached: pajeet-shilling.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

I have been thinking of an idea to make a small type of phone or just try to scrap pieces out of regular phones and make a sort of hybrid that will use any cell tower or large antenna as it’s own cell tower

What about getting an old rootable android phone and creating your own custom room(linux distro) to run on it?

>hybrid that will use any cell tower or large antenna as it’s own cell tower
What do you mean by this?

Well to my understanding and I don’t know much but I imagine a cell phone creates its own small signal and bounces that put to the nearest tower from its provider to send it wherever so if I made my own cell phone that could camouflage its signal making it look like that providers signal then it might get sent out as that providers call

Ohhh I see, you want a rouge tower. It's possible and illegal, but only if you get caught. You don't need a phone just a notebook and a big radio antenna. GSM has encryption by default and the standard specifies that if encryption is not to be used the device must notify the user. But really no device does this, that's why law enforcement can tapper cell phones from a van without having to send a warrant to the provider. There are even companies that sell kits to do that, but only to law enforcement and university researchers I am afraid. It sounds like a fun project. I almost tried it once.

You seem to be interested in hacking. Do you happen to have any interest in decentralized and/ or anonymous networks? There are many projects out there. Tell the kind of thing that interests you and I can suggest some projects.

I mainly just want to use other people’s systems to make life a little easier for other people.I guess learning to decrypt or encrypt things or just basic coding would be a good spot to start

Implementing existing encryption algorithms can be a nice project. Are you leaning any language? If not, I suggest Python or C.

We have a programming thread btw:

Thanks i’ll make sure to stop over there before I log off for tonight.

I haven’t really put my shovel into the dirt so to speak.I first need to learn how to crack someone else’s internet code since my parents shut ours off since they barley ever used it. :(

What router is it?
Have you run a portscan or anything?
Have you gone the router and tried the password in the side in case they haven't changed it?

They called the provider and just canceled the whole service since it was just more to their bill I can’t even use my old setup since it couldn’t use wireless and the nearest free WiFi is on the whole other side of the house

You can use an extension for the antenna. Cracking wifi networks can be relatively easy. Search for aircrack-ng tutorials.

Get a cantenna
Download Kali Linux to a USB and run that (don't need to install anything)
Attack any wep networks if they are there.

Use wifite it's already installed on Kali. It's easy mode WiFi hacking.

If no wep try dictionary attack on the wpa networks and try WPS attack.

Good luck.

If none of that shit works you need to do a fakeAP attack.

Last thing I have to ask you guys what type of computer do you suggest for a new setup preferably something I can get under 200 if possible

think pad from minifree.org or you can try your luck on eBay and craigslist.

By trying your luck I mean buying a used the thinkpad. People frequently get amazing deals like 50 dollars.

Go to this thread and btw where are you from?

I’m from America I don’t wanna say much else right now but Northern America

Puerto Rico then?

You got me I’m in Puerto Rico how did you know?