Are you involved with open source? Why or why not?

Are you involved with open source? Why or why not?

Attached: 718933691_2b0100d6d4_o.png (507x679, 75K)

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was tricking the world into believing freedoms are "communist"

Deprecated meme.
MS is doing open source now.

Yes
Because you cannot own an idea, you cannot police thoughts.

I recently decided to give it a shot.
I subscribed to the development mailing list for a popular programming language, and watched it for a month or so until I saw a feature request I thought I could handle.
My pull request was merged, and everybody was really friendly. 10/10 will probably do again.

No, there's too much toxic masculinity in free software

no. im too dumb. i just know how to use computer. not contribute.

That's funny because communism is the exact opposite of ""open source"" where a tiny fucking 1% party elite owns literally fucking everything

At least capitalists don't pretend otherwise and are frank about it

I like eating and getting paid

Because I'm communist

Attached: 149745.jpg (900x900, 114K)

I don't work with the open source community directly, but when i do free shit, i also just give the source as well.

>t guy who claims he lived through a couple of years of late-stage communism during his infancy and is therefore qualified to make a general evaluation

Hm.

Attached: nazi-furries.jpg (625x350, 61K)

Yes, because you can't trust what you can't read.

this but emphatically nondegenerate

>communism
>nondegenerate

"""""open""""" """""source"""""

When the leader of your movement's a full on communist, and shows no restraint in expressing his ideals, it's no wonder everyone else sane sees it through for the communist ruse it is.

I'm glad the femininsts are targeting the open source community. These numales need a rude awakening

Attached: nazbol.png (451x362, 102K)

>microsoft
I loved the salt on Jow Forums when microsoft announced their new involvement with open source. All the tards suddenly realized they no longer had an easy bogeyman to rally retards against in the name of the free software cult

No. I want to but I don't know how to contribute. I know a little C, C++ and Java but just beginner level in everything. trying to read about algorithms right now.

This

Finally maybe they will understand that communism and its ideals (open source, feminism) are the works of the devil and they will move on to software development in Fascist way.

>implying you read
haha

Good time for a reminder:

> Please avoid using the term “open” or “open source” as a substitute for “free software.” Those terms refer to a different set of views based on different values. The free software movement campaigns for your freedom in your computing, as a matter of justice. The open source non-movement does not campaign for anything in this way.

> When referring to the open source views, it's correct to use that name, but please do not use that term when talking about us, our software, or our views—that leads people to suppose our views are similar to theirs.

> rms