Why does Jow Forums hate games? Aren't they technology?

Why does Jow Forums hate games? Aren't they technology?

Attached: 1508616810226.png (128x128, 21K)

if you didn't write it in c with no libraries included leave

A hat in time is cute.
Only game i want to come out for linux.

Attached: a38.png (2518x1352, 286K)

Tbh I think about how difficult and complex a AAA game would be to develop from start to finish. What is a more complicated project than a game like... World of Warcraft? Just as an example, don't get hung up on WoW specifically.

Dwarf fortress is pretty neat

If you want to discuss video games on Jow Forums we have four boards for you, so we don't need to discuss them here.
I don't like games that use a proprietary licence and I think gamer consumer culture is cancerous. Gamers have set consumer technology back decades.

ur post doesn't make sense.. It's thanks to Gamers dat our processing power has increased computationally (pun intendeed) and grafix capabilities r where they at today. stop lying to urself

Jow Forums is full of freetards that are mad their shitty server OS can't run any vidya

enough boards to discuss you childish games already

*tips*

Come back in 12 years when you're of age to post on this website. You don't want mama and papa catching you browsing this board

Just grow up XD

Every meaningful game simulation has already been done. The recent "gamer culture" phenomenon is a scheme to get you hung up on fake achievements.

seething

Jow Forums is mostly a smarter /v/ board, and /v/ hates games, so Jow Forums ends up hating games as well.

We only have this board for technology.

There are multiple boards for games. Go there if you want to discuss them.

WoW completely fucking obliterates an AAA game in terms of programming difficulty.
All the server hell, all the motion predicting hell, all the streaming hell, all the "Runs even on a S3 virge" hell.
AAA is just expensive because you use a literal army of artists to make all the assets, but the unreal engine cuts most of the programming work for you.

Console war tech specs, hey is OK X cpu plus GPU,I want programming my own videogames,benchmark post GPU in games, post and post about gaming products.

/v/ comes to Jow Forums is cancer.

What are you talking about?
We love Super Tux Kart.

Linux is such a piece of shit it doesn't have any.

This so much.
>Don't pirate you're killing these poor companies!

Samefag

There was a thread the other day about whether or not a game was the "final boss" of programming, would you agree with that?

Games are not technology. Gaming technology is technology.

If you want to talk about rendering engines or ray tracing, feel free. If you want to talk about pokemon or whatever /v/tards talk about, fuck off.

I can agree with this. It's a lot of effort to be able to create a game from scratch

I don't hate games, it's just there's fuck all and they limit my choices. They make me use Windows when I could use a better OS instead.

Also they are the reason why the hardware you buy often feels cheap, something else comes out and suddenly you can't play it at a decent framerate because how come you didn't spend 500 dollars on a new GPU?

Games are technology but gamers are the people make it worse. Games are made for entertainment, why do they have to make it a religion?? They act so fucking retarded claiming themselves muh gamers.

runs fine in wine

Games are don't meet their "freedom" meme
They don't run well on linux
etc

Games are just a /v/tard excuse to post here.

Because...

Attached: 1518311405699.png (1001x604, 84K)

So wangblows is the baby OS?

I wouldn't have a problem besides the fact there is an entire fucking board dedicated to video games.

Attached: opi.jpg (1600x1067, 246K)

this
WINE 3.0 stable and DXVK are going to actually bring the year of the Linux desktop

It would be more accurate to say it's the everybody OS. That includes playful spirits young and old.
If there is such a thing as a "baby OS" it's probably made by those "What's a computer" people.

>Gamers have set consumer technology back decades.
Something something optimization and overpriced hardware.

Because most of the jobs in the sector are a joke

At least MacOS can be useful. What can you even do exclusively on Windows that doesn't relate to toys?

Video games are a blight on society.

Modern video games are harmful technology, they are soulless abominations, they're like every shitty person from hollywood and las vegas came together to decide how can we make the most bland vapid cinematic experiences designed to appeal to the lower common denominator of culture, and combine it with flashy addictive shit that isn't actually fun but just takes your money for nothing in return and then has the nerve to ask you for more.

Perhaps you feel no responsibility for your technology OP, but some of us do.

Attached: 1510987360204.jpg (1252x1252, 116K)

Attached: 1506857252468.jpg (437x598, 40K)

>Viirka Laygiin
lmao

Attached: laughing moon.gif (225x168, 2.21M)