Tools:
kali.org/
>meme dragon distro but it just werks

metasploit.com/
>scriptkiddie starting point and swiss army knife

Tutorials/Guides:
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
s3ctur.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/breaking-into-infosec-a-beginners-curriculum/
>From zero to OSCP-hero rough outline, and how to infosec.

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs.

Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
>CEH, only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
>OSCP, the big dick swinging exam, 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

*UNAFFILIATED TRASH - AS LULZEC TAUGHT US - TRUST NO ONE!*
Community:
IRC: #Jow Forumssec @ rizon.net
Discord: discord.gg/3Y7Mr52
Matrix/Riot: riot.im/app/#/group/ hmg:matrix.org

Previous thread:

Attached: hackerman.jpg (1920x1079, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/3Y7Mr52
riot.im/app/#/group/ hmg:matrix.org
discord.gg/JrTXVjg
hackaday.com/2017/04/01/ask-hackaday-which-balaclava-is-best-for-hacking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is everyone working on today?

Whose ctf was better?
LegitBS, OOOverflow?

wut it do?

wut do u meen wut it do?

Can it really be a secret club if it has 40k members?

Its ironic my dude

How do I git gud at reversing?

Do the protostar vm at exploit-exersises

Hey Jow Forumsuys, im currently learning python, but I was reading about malicious code in the PyPi repos
That made me think if i should just switch to c/c++ for low level mem, idk what do you recommend
>python or c/c++

Is it? I think it is funny how it has so many accounts but I never see more than 300 connected.
Was there a big rush to get in when it started and then everyone lost interest?

You should definitely know C, and Python is good for writing exploits fast. So I'd recommend both.

Having a sister pretty much fufills all my deep, secrey sexual fantasies and desires. The thought of a little girl sleeping in the next room down the hallway was so sexy. The thought of her dressing and undressing, and the thought of the smell under her bed covers being filled with her period smells during that time of the month, and the thought of her stirring her stank pot when she masturbated again filling the air of her room with her odor, and the thought of her getting out of the shower and walking to her room from the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around her... is so goddamn sexy.

just got up to bandit6 without a walkthrough, am I ready to attend defcon yet?

But how do I crack PGP?

Attend? Yes.
Participate in anything meaningful? No.

can anyone become a cracker with enough reading and practice?
I've stunted my intelligence with heavy drug use and I'm worried I'll never get there

With a lot of practice and patience you might get there. Unless you're irreversibly neuro-damaged .

suicide plans

Hi guys

I'm learning shit from scratch here, starting with the bandit-overthewire stuff. Have kali on virtualbox, and cygwin on Win7 with SSH installed.

Get to the point of typing in LEVEL 0 user:address but when it promts me for password it just says access denied... on both linux and on cygwin.

What am I doing wrong.

Oh yeah, and when I get to the end of the 3 attempts it says (publickey,password)

Thanks in advance, such a noob

>ssh -p 2220 bandit0@address

ffs.... thank you user, such a retard

build stuff, reverse stuff

Suppose you have a sha256 hash. With what information about the string that is hashed, you can break the hash in seconds. You already know string length. And string is made up of hexadecimal characters

Won't work. I will know what to look for when I build it

will work, also I never mentioned you need to reverse the stuff you built (but that would work too)

bump

bump(er)

Pretty much. I'm somewhere around 300~ on the leaderboard, so either that's fucked up somewhere or everyone just did the registration challenge by googling and couldn't get past it.

Unless you've been in the industry for a decade or two, or you have a PhD, you won't really get anywhere. Cryptography especially is a brainlet deferent.

so where do people tend to start? or has everyone in this field had a formal IT education?

bump

Bump.

Emergency bump

What language did you use for the bump bot?

>IRC: #Jow Forumssec @ rizon.net
>Discord: discord.gg/3Y7Mr52
>Matrix/Riot: riot.im/app/#/group/ hmg:matrix.org
Which of these is actually active? I jumped on IRC last night and it was straight up dead.

Also, if anyone here is on HTB, we have an hmg team. Not sure how active the captain is, but I can always forward usernames.

What are some basic social engineering examples that the average person could do? Like, taking a picture of a security badge from far away and recreating it, calling a phone company and pretending you're someone else to get their info, stuff like that.

Attached: dwight.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

Fuck the secretary.

Social engineering is all about how you present yourself to people. There are some good defcon talks about it. I saw one where he use an ipad with a fake email that gave him "permission" to enter the building. He said he liked using an ipad because people fall for it more if the links are blue.

The discord is the most active.

How handsome do I have to be to join?

Read this book "Social engineering: The art of human hacking" by chris hadnagy, imo that book helped me get better with my social engineering.

>The discord is the most active.
>The app with clearly the least inherent security
>Host of the most active security community discussion
What has Jow Forums become?

About this much

>Discord: discord.gg/3Y7Mr52
Invite expired also.

>what has Jow Forums become?
fucking shit

discord.gg/JrTXVjg

dnscrypt-proxy
rsnapshot
syncthing
and bananapi server with rsnapshot incremental backups for syncthing

idk but I don't join any of your shit communities except 4chin
being in a community is a security risk. running more software is a security risk.

bump(er)

Why does this thread attract so many bottom of the barrel, zero skill fuckheads?

Why don’t you people who know nothing go play in the cyb thread instead?

agreed

Tch, I've hacked over 20 wifi internets.

I want to crack a unix salted md5 hash that was lifted from a linux shadow file.

I've tried some dictionary attacks, mask attacks etc with no luck. Is there a recommended attack for this kind of hash?

Not a "recommended attack", but I would do a dictionary attack while the dictionary is being created, e.g. it creates 10k possibilities, you use them, it deletes those 10k and creates 10k new possibilites and you use them (so the file won't be big).

Does anyone have any idea what i can put in a fake changelog for a website?

OSCP Round 2

>Round 2
As in you failed the first time or you’re recertifying?

bump

Emergency bump

Yeah

it wasn’t a yes or no question.

What is your go-to hacking apparel /hmg/?
hackaday.com/2017/04/01/ask-hackaday-which-balaclava-is-best-for-hacking/

three hole master race

indeed. Higher air flow, allows for snacking while maximizing covered area.

I'm currently learning C, I already know Python, when I have both down what can I specifically do with them?

By solving crackmes

You can not crack a hash it is a one way only method, the only way is recreation

But you still have to find it. As a learning experience it is still good imo

Obviously I meant, Generating random data, hashing it, and comparing the hashes.
When you are using tools such as hashcat, it is called cracking the hashes.
And you can reverse the hashes with some limitations. It's called a rainbow table, look it up.

You gotta bruteforce it

Yes, I know that. But what parameter which you knew, would make that easier?
Right off the bat would be charset and charlen , and maybe like frequency of used characters might help. I'm looking for any data which is less than the size of the actual string

Ofc the more you know about the input the easier it will be.