/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: sqt2.jpg (263x192, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr_(Unix)
tpb.tw/torrent/12667686/KMSpico_10.1.8_FINAL___Portable_(Office_and_Windows_10_Activator
pcpartpicker.com/list/76WBZR
lmgtfy.com/?q=ryzen 5 1600 overclock
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/
linux.die.net/man/8/gdisk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I muster the concentration to finish these last 5 weeks of Spring quarter? I'm in a web dev, English, and compsci course and after these 5 weeks I'll have my (2 year transfer) degree. How do I do it bois

What is the default resource access for programs running in sandboxie? They can only access their own directory and subdirectories?

I need to use some rather old c++ code which doesn't work with any standard newer than 2003.
How do I edit the makefile to either use the 2003 standard or relax enough that it compiles?

help me choose a phone
>lg v20
>lg g6
>Redmi 5

Redmi 5 Note/Pro depending on location.

get the Redmi Note 5 Global

test

test2

I'm trying to learn databases, using oracle 11g and I can't add a primary key to a table using alter cause it says that 'ORA-02264: name already used by an existing constraint' when the only line that has the name of the primary key is in the line that add's the primary key.
If I change the name of the primary key, primary_pk to p_pk it works.

one more test, thanks

Security question time.

Let's say we have fully libre os.
Just so happens, that a browser executes malicious JS code. Would advanced 0 day could get access to files? If not, heard something about browser sandboxing, does that mean it does not go out of browser and that is it, or that it would separate tabs as well (infected tab 1 would not spread to other tabs, or even windows).

Asking because would like to have a general viewpoint on security because that is not only OS, but software run on it and when it comes to internet, in worst case scenarios it sounds like secure OS would not do very much to protect from issues like malicious code executing websites that could spread from there (and we do not audit websites, right).

Attached: 58f1d893ec400b64df7013b52e68bbfa.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Is the dell inspiron 15 7000 7577 gaming laptop a good laptop? It has an i5 7300HQ and a GTX 1060 6GB for the graphics card.

I'm looking for the best low end laptop. I found it on special for $749. Is this a good deal?

Pls help I'm so unmotivated but I know I shouldn't be. Will Adderall help?

That's the normal price for it basically. It's a good value imo but I think that model had a problem with its screen (TN, not IPS.) but that's usually not a big deal unless youre autistic about that shit

People who complain while having sub 15 credits give me cancer

Really? On newegg and on Dell they have it priced for $990. There's two versions the 7567 and the 7577, I think you might be talking about the 7567.

Is IR illuminated night vision good enough for surveillance video?

Attached: chinkshit.jpg (1000x1000, 117K)

I'm having trouble understanding how the social network Mastodon works.

So I make an account with an email, but if I want to post on a different instance, how do I do that? Is it meant to be treated similarly to a subreddit? Or can it be used like twitter and I can post something not necessarily relevant to the instance?

What does it take to end up in this situation?

Attached: virus 1.png (1614x936, 851K)

I'll try and keep this short. I'm using windows through a virtual machine on mac. I need to transfer files from the windows desktop to my mac. I can't use a flash drive.

Basically what is the best way to compress files, and then transfer them over to my mac desktop. I zipped the files(around 6gb) and am uploading them to media fire but it's taking literally forever.

Whats a better way of doing this. I know 7.z is a better compressing method so i'll probably do that next time. But what's the best way to transfer them over to my mac. Google Drive sucks dick and gives me some bullshit estimate of like 200 hours. I don't want to pay for a service. Can i just send the files to myself in email?

can anyone work in cyber security with enough practice and training?
I think I've stunted my intellectual growth with drugs and I'm worried I'll fail miserably

>gaming laptop
>good laptop
Pick one or the other. You can either get something that runs fine and is well built, or something that's got fast gamer power but fries itself after a year.

so basically what's the best way to share large files with myself not using a usb or sd etc

Not sure what you're trying to convey here

your VM should have facilities for file sharing

Personally I go for nestle first months baby milk formula, it consist pretty much everything to make human motivated to do stuff (in case you are missing something in diet, although sometimes additional vitamins work positively).

Also try to avoid crap that makes you somewhat happy. Avoid sugars, sweets in general. Avoid playing games, browsing Jow Forums (whatever makes you somewhat happier pretty easily).

You need to feel happiness, satisfaction from doing the work you should do.

From there: drink water and work, feel sleepy? Sleep.

Is there a way to manually choose the channel for a Windows 10 mobile hotspot so that you don't have to have a million cunts interfering with your shit?

Attached: 44.jpg (546x846, 63K)

cool, i'll try doing that after i finish 7zipping the folder. Media share reached 100% then just disappeared the fucking files.

Sharing between vm looks annoying as fuck.

I only plan on doing light gaming. Like 2 hour every week or so. I just want it to properly run games I want without worrying over it quickly becoming outdated in two years or so.

A non gaming laptop wouldn't have a decent graphics card so it would eventually become useless in playing games.

Newb question: if I disassemble a seagate STEA4000400, can I remove the hdd and use it on a laptop?

Attached: 02F4D269-6304-49A7-8CBF-32B0B3FE5E91.png (735x668, 29K)

really could use another answer to this besides vm file sharing. compressing it with 7z doesn't look like it's doing shit, the file is still going to be big as fuck

Locally? Well if you use Windows (don't crucify me) you can set up a drive to share on the network and put files there. For Linux I don't know, I haven't used it in that direction but I assume it probably has something similar, depending on distro.

How come m2 wifi cards require an antenna to have a range greater than 20cm when these things exists?

Attached: explain.jpg (281x300, 13K)

i'm on a mac, i have a virtual machine running windows. Really not sure ohw to setup a drive to share shit but i guess i can learn.

Long story short, i just need files on the vm on my sd card but vm doesn't read sd cards.

Well, yes, It's just a regular hard drive.

Those don't have to get through your PC case.

What about laptops made of plastic.

>uploading them to media fire
Jesus Christ. I don't know what VMM you're running, but literally anything should have the ability to file-share with the host. That's like making an OS without networking capabilities.

>vm doesn't read sd cards
Probably does that too if you pass through the device.

The micro usb port on my s7 is broken, I've tried a few different cables but I'm unable to reliably connect to the phone on my pc.

I just want to put a few mp3 files on my phone, what would be the easiest way to do this? I'm thinking upload them to cloud then download them on my phone?

this can't be bad, RIGHT?

Attached: uh.png (562x872, 89K)

Yeah but asking because idk if it would fit on a laptop

Attached: A9D7A129-4FE7-4D6D-91F4-CC0560F93A0B.png (680x582, 160K)

i have an old HDD that failed some time ago
one of anons here told other user to do "manual format" by using magnet and manually move it around platter
my question is is this really gonna work and how strong the magnet should be ?
i am going to do this anyway because the disc in unreadable

Sure it's a big field, if you're dedicated anybody can make it. I wouldn't worry about your "intelligence", just start learning until you're good at it

i'm just running virtual box. I'll look up how to file share with host but it looked confusing as fuck.

I can get usb devices to work but sd cards are a whole different ball game.

Honestly considering going to a fucking library just to transfer some fiels over.

A magnet could erase the servo track which can't be rebuilt without a trip back to the factory so the drive is effectively smashed. So a hammer would result in the same dead drive.

but what if the hdd is not powered ?

can someone explain how exactly the last part of this string decodes rot13?
I can't seem to figure it out
echo "Rkcybvg Fuvg" | tr '[A-Za-z]' '[N-ZA-Mn-za-m]'

so virtual box file sharing only works host to guest. Meaning if i wanted to share files from my mac to the guest windows I can do that, just not the reverse. Fucking gay as fuck.

it pipes the text to the "translate" command, and the specified character ranges just rotate the alphabet by 13 characters

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr_(Unix)

"N-ZA-M" is just "A-Z" rot13'd

[A-Z] = ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
[N-ZA-M] = NMNOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLM

it then replaces A with N, B with M and so on, and the same for lowercase

Ok, i have a little problem right now:
I'm using a laptop with Win10 in UEFI mode and was using gnu/linux in the legacy mode in an other partition.
I wanted to install an other distro and deleted the linux partition from Win10 getting the MBR of the legacy mode overwritten by the last linux distro i used and now i'm unable to restore it to get to recognise my flashed usb to boot the new usb live distro in there.
There is no way to restore the MBR of the legacy mode from the UEFI mode and i just fucked myself right?

A really stupid one here.

On Windows (NTFS) is there any possible way of restoring a specific overwritten or modified file to a previous version?

Hi Jow Forums, can I just say that you guys are pretty chill? Thanks

your're welcome

how easy is it to change ISPs, if it's even possible?

Seriously though, go send it off to a recovery firm. A magnet will destroy that hdd

Say that you'd like to cancel service on whatever day you choose, pick another ISP and call them to say that you'd like to start an account on the same day that you're cancelling service from the previous ISP.

Maybe not a specific file you can run a file recovery program and it will look for files that haven't been overwritten yet.
I use recuva but someone can probably recommend a better one.
Dont be downloading big fikes between now and the recovery because that can start overwriting your precious lost loli girls

if you have wifi at home you could use something like filedrop.

how are you going to charge your phone without a working usb port?

Network drives. Mounting n shit.

afaik, I think it's got wireless qi charging? Either way, it's probably best if he can get that phone fixed at some point

I'm using libcurl's multi-sockets in C to POST 300 things to a website in under 25 seconds. The problem is the site uses rate limiting so I have to use proxies. Without proxies it takes 10 seconds, but with them it takes over a minute. Is there any way I could get it under 30 seconds while using proxies? It isn't language or library dependant, but I figured C or C++ would be the best option for this.

Does anyone know where to get the real KMSpico

tpb.tw/torrent/12667686/KMSpico_10.1.8_FINAL___Portable_(Office_and_Windows_10_Activator

Wow that was difficult

Nah, it's a small save file. I fucked up big time.

Lurker here. My win10 is giving me a sihost popup error about my harddrive. Shit acted up like this post patch. Any clues to fix it?

Hey fags, I have my home on a separate partition. I want to reduce it so I can make another partition. Just unmounting it wont cause me any problems right? Seeing as how boot/system partitions are separate?

I have a craptop maxed at 2 gigs of ram and Core 2 Duo. Should I stick with a 32-bit OS or would I benefit from moving to 64-bit?

what's the "best" browser nowadays? I've been a firefox fag for a long time out of sheer habit but I've been getting annoyed at how much of a RAM hog it is lately.

ideally, something I can transfer my bookmarks over to would be nice, although I don't know how realistic that is.

Attached: thoughts and prayers.jpg (295x257, 16K)

What should I overclock my CPU & GPU to?
pcpartpicker.com/list/76WBZR

If your CPU supports 64 bit, then 64 bit is almost always better. For example, AES instructions don't work in 32 bit mode, even if your CPU supports them. This applies to other new hardware acceleration features.
In 64 bit mode, you also get access to more registers which speeds up things a bit.
Falkon is pretty good, and would be my first choice. However, it doesn't have many addons except for a simple adblocker. If you want a normalfag's browser, then chromium or its variants are the only real options (but BE SURE TO DISABLE AS MUCH SPYWARE AS YOU CAN).
Many laptops made of "plastic" are actually made of some alloy of die-cast metal.
If you unmount your home partition, you might get weird behaviour from GUI programs. So don't do it from a booted system; do it from a live CD with gparted. You won't actually break anything but you might get some errors and it will probably not let you unmount it anyway because it's "in use".

Dude, maybe you should check out some guides or something. It's not all crazy like you're making it out to be. You pick a folder on your host, then use Machine folders under Shared folders to mount it inside the VM with Full access. Make sure read only isn't checked. From there it works just like a mounted network directory.

Bookmarks will transfer to almost anything. But FF is the only good option really, unless you don't give a fuck about privacy. Trying to cut google out of chrome is a fools errand, and anything you would want to do to firefox can generally be pulled off in vanilla with the right settings change. High ram use is mostly just the cost of using a modern browser.

64, but find a small flash drive you can leave in it and set up readyboost. That'll help with the limited ram, especially if you're using win7.

Mydigitallife, but I'd go with mstoolkit instead.

>pc shits itself and starts rebooting every 2 seconds
>wiggle 24 pin connector
>now works fine
what the fuck? i recently had my pc in the car but it's not as if i was so rough that connectors would come loose

Every day now windows defender is sperging out over KMSpico even though I've whitelisted it 1000 times.

How do I stop this?

Just like switching any other service, as long as you're actually in the coverage area of another ISP. They've gamed the system hard, so a lot of people only have 1-2 choices tops.

install KYSpico

rude

lmgtfy.com/?q=ryzen 5 1600 overclock

Gpu overclocking is a meme.

Maybe check the thread and see if there's any updated guidance on what to whitelist. Or try your hand at the 'ol toolkit

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

>way to restore the MBR of the legacy mode from the UEFI mode
MBR is the way partitions are outlined in Legacy mode. GPT is the way partitions are outlined in UEFI mode. It is fairly easy to swap between using MBR and GPT formats, but you may have loss of data. You also need to make sure your BIOS is setup so that it's looking for the right format on the disk you want to boot from. If you set your BIOS to both UEFI and Legacy, it will first look for a GPT on your drives and if it can't find one it will fall back to looking for an MBR.

You can use a tool like gdisk on linux devices to convert between GPT and MBR. linux.die.net/man/8/gdisk

Is there something like pastebin that's really permissible with the kind of shit you can get away with posting, but also lets you do basic shit like inserting functioning links?

Can someone recommend me an "offline" RSS reader program that has has additional/optional web UI I can access from any browser on any computer/phone? Something like QuiteRSS, but with web UI.

My main issue with QuiteRSS is the garbage built in browser so ideally an RSS reader would run in the background, I open its web UI in my browser of choice and then open links from there in new tabs.

Also don't recommend online RSS services like Feedly, currently I'm using it but I'm trying to de-botnet myself.

Thanks.

Attached: 1512284593594.png (960x480, 78K)

IS this good OC or not? Can i trust this app?

Attached: bitmap.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

In DMA (Direct Memory Access), where does the data from the disk controller actually get stored in memory?
Does it put it in a specific place or just put it wherever? I've read about buffers being used but not really sure if that's in main memory or controller's memory.

My left arm has been flaring up like this for a fucking week now, I hardly scratch it, already changed/washed my blankets, the fuck is happening with it? Starts off with the skin turning red with white bumps that turn into red bumps. Very annoying.

Attached: Bumps on Arm.jpg (1040x780, 120K)

automatic overclocking is always trash

you have been kissed by ebola-chan

What are your guys thoughts on a Cryptoassets Generals thread?
I get that Jow Forums was made for the purpose of removing the spam of crypto posts on Jow Forums, however there's barely any discussion on the technology behind many of the cryptos anymore.
Most of the non-tech boards on Jow Forums (/po/, Jow Forums, Jow Forums etc) are cross posting in Jow Forums and discussion on that board is becoming rarer and rarer.

So to clarify, thoughts on a Cryptoassets General thread- where ALL crypto-talk on Jow Forums is localised to just that single thread. This would help assuage spam on Jow Forums as well as allow actual technical discussion about some crypto's available in the space.

Noticed that a new drive in my computer called F. I checked it and it says EFI system. What do? Why did it appear out of nowhere?

are you seriously uploading 6GB of shit over the internet, for the purpose of downloading it from the internet again to THE VERY SAME FUCKING MACHINE?

Like what is lan or universal serial bus storage devices. ayy lmao at this dude.
I have heard this opinion 10 years ago. Get on with the times granny.

So I'm taking Java classes for my programming paradigms class but I'm not sure which IDE I should use. What's the best one for someone who dislikes Java?

Attached: 1508807272720.jpg (720x720, 92K)

Most likely some windows update triggered mounting it your EFI partition.
Those files boot your computer, and allow you to change system settings probably do recovery boots.
(This is the modern equivalent to "BIOS").

I would suggest unmounting it -> definitely do not change any files.

What about self-hosted solutions?
Tiny Tiny RSS and FreshRSS are good options.

I would pick whatever the class recommends. But IntelliJ is the best.

>What about self-hosted solutions?
>Tiny Tiny RSS and FreshRSS are good options.
Yeah, I've looked into those but I don't want to also run SQL and PHP servers for this.

I restarted my PC and it started updating, after the update was done, the drive was gone. Thank you very much

I'm confused.
How else will you achieve a web interface?

I don't know, how does uTorrent or qBittorent have web UIs without installing any 3rd party stuff?