Seems like they heard the cries of the mini itx world and they are finally releasing a good x470 itx

seems like they heard the cries of the mini itx world and they are finally releasing a good x470 itx

Attached: Fatal1ty-X470-Gaming-ITXacL1.jpg (800x667, 61K)

But where is my mITX Threadripper?

How dumb would you have to be to buy something like that

Wait, Asrock is still releasing FATAL1TY branded hardware? Are there still people who know him?

>seems like they heard the cries of the mini itx
those aren't "cries", those are just the fans screaming at 140db because the system got to a 50% load

>still no X470 mATX
>only B350 mATX or a handful of fucking terrible X370 mATX boards
Why do they do this? Do they not realise mATX is superior in every way?

No one knows him, but their z370 Fatal1ty board is the best out there for OCing

hello Jow Forumsentoomen of the hardware persuasion,

I was wondering what the point of a "good" mobo are.

As far as I recon, it doesn't really matter as long as it has the right socket, the amount of ram and pcie slots, etc. It's just a fucking pcb with some connectors on it.

I literally bought the cheapest shit I could find when I bought my last rig, and I had zero issues, complaints, or anything else so far.

An outlier? To be expected? Edumacate me, plox.

>asrock

Attached: 1325060200310.jpg (1100x619, 108K)

Attached: fellowshills.jpg (900x720, 115K)

Better build qaility, and better quality components, but its only importamt if you OC, or need some specific internal or external connectors. Eg the asrock z370 itx board has best capacitors, and 8 powerphases, as well as thunderbolt 3, but the asus has 2 m2 slots, 6 powerphases and not thunderbolt 3. If you dont know the differences between them, you probably dont need to know

sounds fair, thanks!
too lazy for overclocking tho. probably easier to just pay for some elastic cloud if the need arises.

vrm for power integrity, important for overclocking
capacitor endurance, for lifespan (basically a meme when you have proper airflow though)
m2 slots if you don't have them (sata isn't being obsoleted fast enough)
vendors for networking/audio (maybe you'll have to install those fucking crab drivers to get things working, or maybe it will work natively)
ram support (regardless of whether or not it's functioning, it might not be working as designed, running at a slower speed etc)
then it's just quality of life features in the firmware, for how well the automatic overclocking works, fan settings and auto shutoffs, power on on ps2 interrupt or wake on lan, all sorts of stuff

and then even when it comes to the physical thing, there's fan header locations, power acceptance locations, power/reset buttons on board, dual bios switches, correct usb headers, etc etc etc

design doesn't matter much for most, but certain setups block certain things
small cases and big heatsinks can cause problems that you may want to research the design of a board for

I bought the cheap (130 dollar) asrock itx board and it can't even maintain the stock frequency of an 8700k when running prime95, not thermal throttling.

>capacitor endurance, for lifespan (basically a meme when you have proper airflow though)
You're probably underage since you don't remember the years of poo capacitors. Taiwanese capacitors produced from around 1999 to 2003 would just randomly blow, there's even a wikipedia article about it named "capacitor plague". Didn't really matter what brand of motherboard you bought (just as true today in terms of what kind of capacitors you get), all of them produced would blow. I had a board randomly die on me due to a fucked capacitor in 2004.

yes, i've had them blow too

but you know what kind of cases they blew in? a case with improper fucking cooling because there was any air blowing across the board till the late 00s, at you'd maybe have them blowing at a block of 3.5 inch hard drives, and we still had a huge dead zone for the six 5.25 drive bays that we totally had something occupying and where it wouldn't have been a good place to put a fan

The gigabyte itx was alright apart from the pin placement

>8700K
I don't think that is the motherboards fault.

>STILL no mITX am4 that costs below $80
I just want to slap 2200g on that boi dammit

Attached: 1504584591757.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

doesn't happen on the other board I got instead. (asus)

nothing gigabyte did for ryzen was ever alright

so far it was only taichi and taichi only the gold standar for ryzen mobos
the rest were pure bullshit

>a loli motherboard with THICC cpu
what a time to be alive

He made an appearence on the Quake Tourna... ehm Champions. Seeing him fat and old was so depressing.

Heavy copper PCBs ?

The x370 g7 is great for memory overclocking, on par with the ch, Ll the other boards are alright, not great, but better than most boards.

Is that a 6+2 or a 3+2 with a doubling scheme on the Vcore?

Aww yeah. The socket is high enough so you can fit D14/15 on this without blocking the pcie slot

>voluntary simplicity
ishiggydiggy

Is this actually any different from the x370 itx and the b350itx in a meaningful way? They all seem to have exactly the same layout and features.

>Seeing him fat and old was so depressing.
its always sad to see an athlete loose their fitness and turn into an out of shape slob.. oh wait

xfr 2.0 is the main reason of x470 and more stability via software
people HOPED for thunderbolt support but no luck

You don't even know why you're posting that. You're just doing it to fit in.
You're like a Jow Forums version of a student when they choose a macbook for no other reason than "that's what you do"

>Just two RAM slots
>Good
>WiFi that no one needs
>This thing doesn't have a NVMe slot, or did I oversee it?

>NVMe slot
On the back I believe

For Ryzen is very important because of the ram compatibility.

Ryzen speed depends on RAM speed.
RAM speed depends on mobo.

Are you high? I just bought Asus motherboard. Its Shit compared to asrock

yeah as if you gonna install more than 32 gb on it

wifi that most people need

actually GOOD