What will you do when Win 7 no longer receives updates?

What will you do when Win 7 no longer receives updates?

Attached: win7.jpg (779x438, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grc.com/never10.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Continue using it. You think I actually update Windows? What a fucking joke. The updates are designed to deliberately cripple Windows to make you upgrade to the latest version with all its associated spyware.

>look guys! i'm redpilled! all corporations are horrible! muh botnet!

>look guys! i let commies pump estrogen up my ass! muh soilent!

/thread
I use windows 10 and have the updates disabled

t. brainlet
>win 10
>no updates
pick one new user

Continue using GNU/Linux

google WUB faggot. I use it on 3 win10 machines and it works flawlessly

this

Same I do now, hope that there are no VM breaching vulnerabilities.

There is literally no reason to use windows other than video games which in that case you need to kill yourself

I've already switched over to Linux and set up GPU passthrough for muh gaymhes. I invite all Win7 refugees to follow this enlightened path.

The only reason I have Windows on one of my computers is to play games. Do I really need updates for that?

already moving back to GNU+linux
i'll keep dual booted for a while for games but otherwise i'm done with windows

not even notice and continue to use it

drivers/hardware optimisation updates

Keep using it, what else?

I already quit updating it, because the automatic "rollup" updates include the telemetry patches. The only thing it does is play video games, anyway, everything else I use Debian on a different computer for.

continue to use it. then complain my pc is too old to run their newer shittier bloated software, also calling customer support just to ask for support on an unsupported operating system is usually worth wasting their time.

upgrade to windows 10

Attached: 156102938475.jpg (2560x1440, 270K)

Upgrade to Windows 11.

Keep using Mac OS 9 until the hardware shits itself beyond repair.

Attached: IMG_20170420_031336.jpg (2264x1849, 839K)

this, most security updated are about some shit I don't even use and don't alter my usage in any way, so unless we came at time where I get trojans from browsing Jow Forums or downloading games through steam I have no need to update

>restore winduhs 7 acer disc
>runs great on 2 gb of ram
>need to install 3 updates
>ok cool
>install 3
>need to install 103 new security updates
>runs like shit w/ 2 gb of ram now
>need to reinstall
fuck you wangblows stop installing shit that i don't need on this fucking thing
YOU BETTER NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD WIN 10 AGAIN
but thanks for the free license for upgrading from a pirated copy of w7

>auto-update turns itself back on during your sleep, install some bloatware and reboot without saving your shits
>nothing personal kid
Now what? The software replacing your GNU stuff isn't uninstallable btw.

So you need an adblock to use your OS? That sucks.

The auto-switch-to-10-for-FREE is turned off, you have to pay for it now. Not sure if it downloads the files and not install it, I hope not.

You mean for my pc components? Yeah, I download those from their respective manufacturers.

Attached: ba5.jpg (768x625, 294K)

I will continue to use Windows 10

shitpost and bully Windows users and continue using linux

Fpbp

Attached: 1526254344948.jpg (842x720, 60K)

you just keep using it like nothing ever changed. i install win7 enterprise then as soon as i get nordvpn and ie11, windows update is PERMANENTLY off. i never updated windows since 1998

kms

Why not just install them all and use ancile?

Only aspies still use win7

Quite a lot of aspies then

Attached: os_market_share_january_2017.png (1125x735, 34K)

I've stopped updating for years. I'm just afraid of one day being put through some ransomware that exploits some bug that i never got the update for. On the other hand, i dont want the bloat or any suggestions for an """upgrade"""".

Windows has gathered user data since XP.

Use it for another year then dual boot Linux with win10 as my gaming OS, assuming I'm still a gaymer by then.

Best pick between Windows Embedded POSReady 7, Windows 8.1 industry pro and Windows 10 LTSB? I have an AMD graphics card so I'm not sure if I can use the 7/10 drivers on Windows 8.1

Continue using windows 10

>get a new laptop from gf
>it comes pre-installed with w10
>accidentally shut down the laptop so w10 forcefully updated yesterday
>bricks the laptop
>spend the entire night chcksdk'ing it to be able to even see a functioning screen
>have to use window's reinstall function
>lost all my software but at least my personal files are working
>I am now trying to kill 100 useless w10 "apps" and cortana for the last 3 hours

I swear to God whoever is developing w10 wants the company to go under.

I'm going to install a pirated w7 on this machine tomorrow and I will never use w10 ever again.

Attached: 44e.jpg (495x362, 19K)

Works on my machine

Please enlighten me on that path.

lol what a joke, I bought a computer with windows 10 pre installed, I got so fed up with all the bulshit that I ended up upgrading it to windows 7, and yes its called an upgrade when your computer storage requirements get reduced and your processing capability for games and other applications increases considerably, and your battery almost doubles thanks to the decrease requirements, and better processing capabilities.
also directX 12 sucks duck and balls at the same time. windows 7 all the ways and will be jumping on to GNU/linux in the future.

Attached: 1520930212910.jpg (447x595, 37K)

I've already moved on from Win 7 to MacOS, Windows 10 is just sooo bad.

>constantly something is spinning up fans because of some useless background processes
>nagging updates that completely disregard workflow
>fucking candy crush
>try and customize OS as you want it, the next update will just revert back your settings
>telemetry
>constant nagging to use Edge and other MS apps

God knows Apple and MacOS has flaws, but at least the computer and OS makes some sense and gets out of the way and I rather overpay because I'm not a poorfag than to deal with cancer that windows has become.

Windows 10 is like an annoying 16 year old who just has to get your attention no matter what.

One you configure it and remove bloatware, it's fully viable.

anyone? I want to get rid of this garbage OS asap, the last update was the last straw

Why don't you upgrade to Debian?

i did it some time last year, still have a valid license and it updates. but now my old win 7 install says that it's not valid . smfh

Linux doesn't really suit my needs since I'm used to and am dependant on software that's not really available there - MS Office, Affinity Photo, Lightroom, 1Password desktop client etc.

If I really wanted to I guess I could change my ways, but I'm way too lazy to put in the effort if MacOS suffices me well enough for now.

airgap it. there's nothing I'd want to do on Windows that requires an internet connection, apart from logging into steam. For that occaison, plug it into the internet while nothing else is running, then disconnect it when done.
for everything else, there's Linux or BSD.

This. Until hardware compatibility becomes a problem, at least.

Install gentoo

I'll keep using it the same way I do now, since I've disabled updates long ago.

I also use this, for obvious reasons: grc.com/never10.htm

Continue using 8.1 and 10. There is no reason to keep running 7 except for software or hardware compatibility, or using a literal toaster.

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 206K)

> disabled updates long ago.
Thanks for the free crypto.

> I also use this, for obvious reasons
What obvious reasons? GWX was kill after the free upgrade period. Awfully paranoid for someone who’s hosting Ivan.

Attached: 57D384D2-4806-40B0-8201-926113F9A7A1.jpg (500x375, 72K)