New free documentary was just released that shows how MS fights Linux

New free documentary was just released that shows how MS fights Linux.

youtube.com/watch?v=_wGLS2rSQPQ

>How could a single malware program simultaneously cripple companies, hospitals and even government intelligence services all around the globe? Microsoft Windows software programs proved to be their common Achilles heel. Companies and private individuals use software from Microsoft. Government and public administrations from Helsinki to Lisbon run it, too. That makes all of them vulnerable to attacks from hackers and spies. Window’s dominance also undermines European procurement legislation, impedes technological progress and costs Europe a bundle. Journalist Harald Schumann and his team of Investigate Europe researchers have spoken with insiders and administrators from all across the continent. The German government’s former IT director, tells us how countries are becoming increasingly dependent on Microsoft. A legal expert from the Netherlands describes how the European Commission and governments are breaking European laws regulating public tenders. Hamburg’s data protection commissioner, Johannes Caspar, warns that Microsoft Windows systems expose individuals' private data to the prying eyes of US intelligence services. Internal documents show that Germany's Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) suspects this, too. The EU and the German parliament have responded by repeatedly demanding that government IT systems be converted to open source software. Their source codes can be accessed freely and copied at will, which would enable European security services to use, alter and monitor them. Italy's army is going open source, as have police in France, Lithuania, and in the cities of Rome and Barcelona. Why do most governments resist the alternatives, or fall back into Microsoft's clutches, as Munich city authorities did. The EU's Commissioner for the Digital Single Market, Andrus Ansip, and other key players have the answers.

Attached: 1523892531546.jpg (500x375, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/65127306
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>that wobbly camera at 16:30
I'll never understand this retarded trend.

Are we all fucked?

yes.

They do so by promoting Debian on Jow Forums.

Big companies spend more time lobbying for regulations than not.

It's simple : the free market abhors a monopoly

Aside from shitstaind, what's wrong with Debian?

Fuck I hate microjews so damn much!

Is this why they've been working on their own distro of Linux? In case municipalities outside the US want to go open source? Does that mean MS is developing their own compatibility layer or is this the reason why WINE has made so much progress recently?

>New user comes along wants to try linux
>Try to install
>Doesn't have wifi driver on disk
>Doesn't have software as new to the Windows they're used to
>Installer is misleading and installs GNOME without asking
>Has nothing to offer that Ubuntu can't do better
>It didn't have optimus and had buggy KDE when I last used it
Debian is an autism pride parade in the form of software.

Attached: 1514234916876.jpg (640x480, 165K)

And if linux was the dominant OS, you'd be seeing exactly the same documentary about them. Keep seething you dumb fuck.

>>New user comes along wants to try linux
I don't care.
>>Try to install
>>Doesn't have wifi driver on disk
They provide a non-free ISO, you fucking retard.
>>Doesn't have software as new to the Windows they're used to
Yes it does.
>>Installer is misleading and installs GNOME without asking
No it doesn't. It literally asks you which desktop you want installed. If you select "Debian desktop environment" it installs Gnome. Untick the box for headless or select something else.
>>Has nothing to offer that Ubuntu can't do better
It's more stable with no Amazon spyware. Wasn't there just a thing about malware being found in their snap shit whatever repos?
>>It didn't have optimus and had buggy KDE when I last used it
KDE is trash.
>Debian is an autism pride parade in the form of software.
You're literally just too stupid to use it. Go back to Winshit.

>KDE is trash
The fuck it is

There are multiple Linux distribution vendors to choose from. With Windows you only have Microsoft.

JFC you couldn't have made a more stereotypical Debian user post if you tried.

>Have valid complaints
>NYUUHHH HURR UR JUST DUM
What a fucking cult. Debian and its shit userbase is what is preventing the year of the Linux desktop.

Attached: Soprano_Laugh.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

Once again, Conservatives ruin everything.

I don't care about normalniggers like you. I care about having good software. Take your bloatware trash and stick it up your ass. You're genuinely too stupid for Debian which is why you don't like it. Debian isn't hard to install and use. Old UNIX systems were difficult to use, not Debian. Stop being tech illiterate, you retarded fuck.

You do realize I have no issue with Arch, Gentoo, nor OpenBSD right? Other than OpenBSD's hardware support, all of those are better than Debian.

Attached: soyboy gnome.png (1200x800, 39K)

>They provide a non-free ISO, you fucking retard
How should a normie decipher where to find the non-free ISO or even that he needs exactly that one. It's unofficial and not even linked on their site.
>Yes it does.
Yes sure, labelled as unstable. So a person comes along, never had to download an OS in their life, what would they choose; stable, testing, unstable? Exactly.

So yeah, fuck Debian elitists
and thanks for testing the packages for the buntus :^

That was a good watch, albeit a bit sad.

>gona lose virginity
nice

shitstaind is the least wrong with lesbian

>compatibility
>MS
has it ever worked for you? for me, no
how can they contribute to wine if they [ms] can't make it work in their own os even

>If you select "Debian desktop environment" it installs Gnome.
and that's not misleading how?
also the installer craps itself at grub if you don't select a de
in the end after a day of pleasantness it works like crap/

Sereeuz replies only plox

>Hamburg’s data protection commissioner, Johannes Caspar, warns that Microsoft Windows systems expose individuals' private data to the prying eyes of US intelligence services. Internal documents show that Germany's Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) suspects this, too.
user was ahead again
rbt.asia/g/thread/65127306

>implying my reply wasnt
>:|

>New user comes along wants to try linux
No one recommends it to the brand new user, and if they do they're the same fags who recommend arch
>Doesn't have wifi driver on disk
Nonfree iso
>Doesn't have software as new to the Windows they're used to
There are 3 branches, only stable has old packages
>Installer is misleading and installs GNOME without asking
It does ask you. You check/uncheck the boxes
>Has nothing to offer that Ubuntu can't do better
It has newer packages and no spyware/Amazon bullshit. That alone makes it worth using.
>It didn't have optimus and had buggy KDE when I last used it
KDE has been buggy on every distro I tried it on

>implying it was
>:(

ofc it was
>:[

It can't be
>`:(

>t. never tried run in compatibility mode

Ok, wait what the hell are you on about?

Waaah I'm scared if it doesn't all work right now! Why are there so many options? My thing isn't working this is shit!

Attached: black-girl.jpg (488x472, 24K)

How do we destroy Microsoft, Jow Forumsents?

tfw was a winbabby for most of my life, went balls deep arch without knowing anything about Linux, and was probably ahead of most Jow Forums after a month or so
All it takes is effort, which you cant really expect from the average user

It is. Old Jow Forums would've run you Windows wanna-be's out of here long ago.

>And if linux was the dominant OS, you'd be seeing exactly the same documentary about them.
Which "Linux" would that be, exactly? There are thousands of them.