Hyped by many

>hyped by many
>chinese company
>free

There has to be something fishy going on with deepin. I don't trust them one bit.

Am I paranoid Jow Forums ?

Attached: Deepin-logo.png (400x400, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v25Dy66AtNI
gamingonlinux.com/articles/the-libretro-team-and-other-emulators-are-being-ripped-off-by-companies-trying-to-make-a-quick-buck.10923/page=4
theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170525/google-data-mine-digs-into-credit-card-privacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're not alone

Install deepin-wm

is it free software?

Attached: 1502576977803s.jpg (250x166, 8K)

fuck off richard

>is it free software?
The same way Facebook is free

No, in this day and age where consumer phones from China come equipped with spyware like Adups, your paranoia is quite natural

The fuck is deepin? I thought it was a window manager or some shit but you're obviously not talking about that.

Are they stealing/selling user data ?

It's China, what do you think?

Of course they do .

The thing that baffles me is that none of the "reviews" "coverage" seems concerned.

Probably because they want to be seen as favorable by the Chinese government?

Botnet confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=v25Dy66AtNI

gamingonlinux.com/articles/the-libretro-team-and-other-emulators-are-being-ripped-off-by-companies-trying-to-make-a-quick-buck.10923/page=4

Attached: 1526243323881-or8.png (715x499, 22K)

As long as it is marked as botnet I don't give a fuck.
Deepin is not marked as botnet but obviously is.

Why would it not be safe just because it's Chinese? USA is known to plant backdoors in everything and conduct illegal surveillance but no one seems to think there's anything fishy about American open source software.

because not every US based company or software developer is linked to the government

Adups did nothing wrong.

Because the userbase for Linux in the US is less than that of Linux users in China, but it's not like the NSA hasn't approached Linus about putting backdoors in the kernel several times
Also since China has no problem coding spyware into Android, what makes you think they couldn't do that with Linux?

>nothing wrong
If you don't mind your text messages, contacts, and other pertinent information like banking information being copied from your phone, then you're right it did nothing wrong

You agreed to that already when you bought the phone. Google, the deep state, and whatever other apps will be doing it anyways. Just because Adups didn't explicitly say they'd do it doesn't mean it's any different from another party already doing it.

Attached: bryanna-basilio-5months-ago-seeing-him-comb-his-hair-made-13014115.png (500x300, 33K)

The problem is who the fuck outside of China uses adups for an update program? And no, there is nothing written in the EULA for BLU in regards to willingly and knowingly having adups installed on your phone, the like President even came out and said it was no longer an issue and no longer being used until their phones were audited again and found to still have that software on it

It's open source you can just check the source code yourself

Their app store has the chink equivalent of google analytics.

>The problem is who the fuck outside of China uses adups for an update program?
Why would that be a problem?

>And no, there is nothing written in the EULA for BLU in regards to willingly and knowingly having adups installed on your phone
Irrelevant. You still knew your texts would be read by third parties, adups or not. You should not be using a smartphone and expecting security.

No, actually I didn't know that my texts, using the stock sms app, would be read by anyone other than myself and the people I sent messages to and my service provider, I realize using a smartphone and expecting security don't go hand in hand, but why the fuck would I willingly give my info to the Chinese where they could do literally whatever they want with my information, including banking information, and get away with it?
>why would that be a problem?
If Google is the update source at least I know Google isn't going to jack my BA info

>No, actually I didn't know that my texts, using the stock sms app, would be read by anyone other than myself and the people I sent messages to and my service provider
Clearly you don't know what PRISIM is nor read any agreements.

>I realize using a smartphone and expecting security don't go hand in hand, but why the fuck would I willingly give my info to the Chinese where they could do literally whatever they want with my information, and get away with it?

Well, you wouldn't, but you have already agreed to that situation happening already. Why does it matter if they're Chinese?

>If Google is the update source at least I know Google isn't going to jack my BA info
You sure about that? They seem to have no problem with mining other financial data. Why stop at banks?
theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170525/google-data-mine-digs-into-credit-card-privacy

it's gnome fork
so gnu gpl