Gnome cucks does it again!

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/commit/3a22ed5b8e3bbc1c59ff3069ee79755168754916

>With that altogether, this prevents launching binaries or programs from
Nautilus.

Attached: 1524832063288.png (377x485, 211K)

Attached: a fucking foot.gif (710x828, 21K)

Are gnometoddlers term already?

This thread is pure cancer. Please be considerate and kill yourself.

Attached: Yotsuba_Koiwai.gif (200x200, 14K)

found a gnomecuck

Attached: 1512004961265.png (1000x850, 583K)

5 o y b 0 y

Good lord.
I can't stop laughing.

Fuck I'm glad I'm on KDE now.

Attached: GNOME3.png (744x337, 27K)

This doesn't affect me, but what a poor decision for your average Joe user.

Gnome-terminal next for the chopping block I bet, big bad terminal is scary and non-standard way of doing things in a totally sandboxed (definitely not walled garden!) environment

what the fuck
why would they ever think this is a good idea
i cannot see any sort of justification that could possibly benefit from having this be a thing

less useful == more better at nuGnome.

Original Kontent

Attached: output.webm (650x500, 684K)

guessing this is their fix for malicious .desktop files, you'll have to properly put the file in ~/.local/share/applications now

Yeah, it will be so hard to make a script to put malwares into that folder with root access. If people are stupid enough to download malwares, they will be stupid to double click it and give it root access.

Watching Gnome do all this stupid shit from my KDE desktop is just funny desu.

I am fine I use Xubuntu with Thunar

Do the gnome devs really think Linux will ever be a popular choice for the average computer user? The average normie is scared of it because they saw that news story about the girl who failed out of college because her laptop had Ubuntu on it.

I don't give a fuck about GNOME since gnome 2.

However, these fucks ruin GTK+3. That bothers me very much.

That was a funny video.

It's the great tragedy of modern Linux. In trying to be like some Android-Windows hybrid they erase the entire reason someone would use Linux at all.

Linux should strive for an elitist mentality, and then the quality will come by itself.

You can forward your disappointment to [email protected]

>Also, back then we didn't have a Software app where you are expected to
installs apps.

>Back then it was common for apps to be delivered in
a tarball, nowadays that's out of question.

>We also are not able to be secure enough to handle this, as we saw in
the past we allowed untrusted binaries to be launched, and therefore
we had a CVE (CVE-2017-14604) for Nautilus.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAH

Attached: serveimage.png (2000x1034, 69K)

>~/.local/share/applications
That directory, not folder, is within the user's home directory. No need for root.

if a script is running you're already fucked and grats your home folder is encrypted now, this exploit is .desktop files from driveby downloads or manually extracted from an archive

Oh good, other people deciding how I should use my computer. Exactly why I use Linux.
WAIT A SECOND

>Linux should strive for an elitist mentality, and then the quality will come by itself
That's exactly what GNOME is doing. You see, if you can't just double click an executable to launch it you have to use the terminal or write a desktop file to do it. GNOME is the true enthusiast's desktop.

>>Back then it was common for apps to be delivered in
>a tarball, nowadays that's out of question.
firefox users on deathrow

I'm fucking glad I switched to i3 the very moment I heard about the desktop icons thing
>just install an add-on lel

sweet, less work for hackers with black masks

But i3 doesn't have desktop icons either.

Gnome is intended to work out of the fucking box, not with a thousand addons that barely work. At this point I can just install i3 and have a much less bloated desktop with the same amount of config or even less

>gnome
>2018
Why giving them attention? Shouldn't they die already?
Only help we can provide is ignoring it, so, not letting it to get more attention.

What the fuck?
How can anyone still defend Gnome after this shit?

Wtf is this yellow theme

You can use i3 with xfce.

As just the wm? What about the panels?

>**tears during the recording**
Yeahmmmmno

>As just the wm?
Yep.
>Panels
No idea. I'm using bspwm without them. Just telling what I heard.

kde shills are annoying but if keep having to go though more and more hoops just to get a normal desktop experience on gnome then I don't blame them for shilling their light and bloated desktop

Attached: Some retard Gnome dev decided that Gnome users are so stupid that they can't even create deskto (444x428, 1.67M)

>muh bloat
It's quite literally consumes half of gnome memory even after they have removed tray and icons

what the fuck

dunno what nautilex is or does, sorry

Kate plz show bobs

CAN'T DO
BLUEBOARD

Attached: GNOME CUCKS CAN'T EVEN SEE THESE MARVELOUS BOOBS.png (393x540, 199K)

>WAIT A SECOND
Don't use Gnome, simple. Every bad decision has already been made by their dev team. Let it go gracefully.

>sir, our users are getting uppity and proclaim it's the year of linux again
>don't worry, just launch the next phase

I use Gnome desktop, but I've never liked Nautilus, I've always used Pcmanfm. I would have zero issues with Gnome wiping that piece of shit right out.