/hpg/ - Headphone General

Goodbye Tyll edition: youtube.com/watch?v=-d31eTmqeEk [Open]

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

headamp.com/order/headamp-gilmore-lite-mk2-class-a-headphone-amplifier/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cats>floors

Attached: IMG_20180503_191052142.jpg (4160x2340, 2.09M)

Hey guys.

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

Schiit shills are smelly and need to fuck off with their kikery

Attached: patrick little go back.png (800x820, 585K)

Any good open back headphone for mixing?

Attached: 52313FFB-0E9A-4AE9-82D7-D73C43DB3CC1.jpg (2533x3968, 1.92M)

you better reveal that you have a cat when those argons arrive

Why Schiit makes the best products on the market? Do they have some new secret technologies?

what are those rca cables?

Attached: 1515557118883.png (632x1529, 436K)

50% cost goes into case

DT1990

dont use open back use beats by dre used by all the best producers including legendary producer mr dr dre

Don't engage him.

Alright, I'll just take a shot at it. What's a good DAC with at least two inputs, one of which is Toslink, and at least three rear outputs? DAC amps with a very good DAC and enough pre-outs are fine, too.

Something a little bit more cheap? Are the dt990 good?

Stax

>atleast three rear outputs
just use a splitter

Looking for a good solid state amp £300~400.

Attached: Bottlehead.jpg (900x600, 49K)

More like trash.

What's a good way to stop accidentally rolling over my headphone cord with my chair?

headamp.com/order/headamp-gilmore-lite-mk2-class-a-headphone-amplifier/

Nw wm1a or ak320? Which and why.

>Are the dt990 good?
no, they got ear murder highs and I don't think HD600s good for mixing at all
there is that flat-flat shure 1540 (look up the nubmer I might be wrong)but they are also about $400, I know they are neutral to a fault

So basically I have to rob a bank in order to buy a decent pair of openback headphones?

I'm the guy with the AK120 II from the previous thread.

Not sure about the new Sony DAPs but their players hiss with sensitive multi-driver IEMs to the point that it's a deal breaker. The hiss is very obvious too... showing up in a quiet piano passage for example. This is an infamous issue, just search around Head-fi.

Attached: 1.jpg (1248x936, 180K)

Wouldn't you lose voltage or amperage or something that way?

Press S to spit on gen z user while he cries like a baby.

Attached: genzanon.png (1134x183, 23K)

for mixing? I think so
you can always go closed, I'm not interested in them so do not know models, but I hear there are good cheaper ones

why are cats superior to dogs?

Stax

Not him but given the choice between Schiit M&M and some unknown Chink shit with questionable warranty support, it's very obvious which one makes more sense.

schiit's customer support and warranty is pretty dodgy. they tell their customers to fuck off.

that is more of a boomer than gen z

Topping doesn't even have a customer support lel.

You’re more of a faggot than Op

gen z user is a boomer who calls everyone gen z

OKAY, I'M FUCKING GIVING UP

I'LL BUY CHINESE IF IT MEANS GETTING THE FEATURES I WANT

Attached: F5B8BF80-D9C3-40B1-9CDD-EDF86E1DF1B0.gif (1900x1425, 1.22M)

He's probably not even a boomer, just an idiot larping.

welcome to the free market

Attached: smugba.png (687x744, 332K)

Any good dac/amp combo?
I just have $350 bucks, should I save for something better or is that enough?

It's nice of him to mind the cleanup crew, but the plastic tarp is less than ideal.

everyone swears on NFB11 these days
look in SMSL direction, those aren't bad either

Commie not welcome.

amir is in the process of comparing the A30 with the magni 3

Less than ideal, but its the little things that show you really care

There's really not much choice in non-Chinese DACs and amps unless you wanna enter the audiophool four digit market.

JDS Element? Schiit M&M? These are all available stateside and have been well received.

>JDS Element
LET'S PUT A GIANT FUCKING KNOB ON TOP OF THE DAMN THING SO YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STACK IT

AND GUESS WHAT

IT'S JUST FOR NOVELTY

OH AND SOMETHING ELSE

THE OUTPUT CHANNEL SWITCH IS AT THE BAAAAAACK SO THE FRONT CAN LOOK MORE DESIGNERISH

That's nothing compared to the non-isolated USB input of the Topping D30.

>non-isolated USB input
what? looks normal on photo

I've actually contacted Topping CS and can say that it isn't too bad. You can email them at their support email address, and they honor their warranties without any fuss, though you do have to pay for shipping to China (return shipping is free). They'll also make minor adjustments (e.g. reducing gain on low gain for sensitive IEM users) in addition to the standard part replacements. Their time to reply is one day, and their CS is polite and professional in spite of the language barrier.

Topping's customer service quality rivals that of Schiit, although that says a lot more about the latter than the former.

NAD Viso HP50 or Beyerdynamic DT-770?

but schiit has the worst customer service of anybody

No isolation transformer anywhere in the traces leading to the USB input.

Not in my experience...

Attached: magni modi with q701.jpg (800x600, 256K)

Now THAT is one sweet looking Crack!

no one cares about your positive anecdotal experience when there is a plethora of horrible experiences. go back into hiding

i had good experience with them as well, but perhaps thats because i bought their most expensy item

Thin copper ribbons.

no one cares

Attached: schiitsbaF.png (1201x767, 174K)

What about jds o2/odac?

Amir pls

>opeth

Pretty much none of the features I want, also once again it's a DAC and amp churned up into one device.

perhaps you do not, but there are some people who don't buy into the shills and the haters and follow their own ideals and values. i simply speak the truth, not everyone who interacts with schiit has poor customer service. gen z types, the same market that schiit caters and markets to are just the most vocal on the internet. its no surprise that for every 100 positive experiences you will get 1 reddit post extolling their negative experience. thats just how it works. also why did you like a picture of superbestfriendsaudio?

quality control and support is just one reason to hate schiit. another is garbage measurements for the price, that's not something you can refute without squirming in your seat and character assassinating amir.

Wow, entry level gear measures poorly. Here’s Tom with the weather.

yggdrasil measures worse than entry gear that costs

Wow, entry level gear measures poorly. Here’s Tom with the weather.

You can get them as two separate devices instead of the combo. Also just use a splitter, no you won't lose voltage or amperage that's not how electricity works. Also I assume you want 3 analog outputs. What are you using 3 outputs for?

Why so butthurt today, /hpg/? Have we not learned to let people enjoy inferior technology if it’s what they like?

Summer came early.

Also I don't remember if you had a budget but the emotiva stealth dc-1 checks off on your features although its a bit pricey.

moron

Attached: summer.jpg (960x886, 57K)

Ok summerfag

In my dream world one DAC output goes to a solid state amp, another goes to a tube amp, and the third one goes to a speaker amp, and also the solid state amp will have an output going to the tube amp as well so you can listen to solid state, tube or hybrid at your will. And both amps have XLR and quarter inch at the front of course.

Based

>Why Schiit makes the best products on the market?
KeK no

>moot
Who is that?

doesn't prove anything. demographic shift can still happen. adults spending less time on the computers and children spending more time.

is it better to wear headphones on your head or around your neck while eating?

there is no proof of summerfags existing either, oh no

>also the solid state amp will have an output going to the tube amp as well so you can listen to solid state, tube or hybrid at your will
you would need the tube amp to go to the solid state

And why is that?

And yet still here you are summerfag

hybrids use a tube for their voltage stage and a SS for the current output. for example, an OTL tube amp will have high output impedance which won't work for many headphones. you can drive low impedance headphones off a solid state that is in front of an OTL tube like the crack. you could easily modify the crack to have RCA outputs that you could pass to an amp.

why would I be a summerfag when I know you are gen z user?

What if it’s a tube buffered output though?

you wouldn't need a SS in front of a tube that isn't OTL so why do it in the first place? you gain nothing.

If you spill something on your cables, you can wipe it off. If something gets absorbed by your pads, you're fucked

Depends on the set, whatever stresses them the least

He won't respond to this.

Who?

Help me /hpg/ do I want to be /mu/ or /fa/

Attached: DC06F0EE-42FC-4B89-8646-0A5743F8A6B6.jpg (832x832, 160K)

kek it's obvious it's him there's only one faggot here who repeats the same dead insult over and over

And if it gets in the drivers, it's time to cry.

Why are summerfags so sensitive?