the state of GNOME development

> the state of GNOME development

turns out that GNOME's file manager will no longer act as a file manager in the future.

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/commit/3a22ed5b8e3bbc1c59ff3069ee79755168754916

is it finally time to use something else?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 4.00.55 PM.png (734x425, 105K)

There's already two others threads about this.
Even tho Gnome cucks deserve to be laughed on, post on them, faggot.

launching an executable is not file management

>using executable files is not file management
wrong

There's nothing wrong about this.

wait what, why not just have a warning before running an executable?

>download a file
>mark it executable
>can't click to run it
it is fucking broken UX

If you download binaries through your browser you aren't using your computer correctly, this isn't Windows.

i am using wget and chmod +x you god damned moron

This. Mongoloids and their mongoloid security practices are giving Linux a bad name.You wanna act like a retard? Please stick with Windows.

Then you're already in a terminal and have no excuse for behaving like a grandma running XP.

Then why don't you launch it from the terminal you're already using and go about your backward ways, dumbass? They're just trying to save idiots from themselves.

A file manager isn't a software launcher so this seems like a prudent choice for the direction GNOME is taking.

I am not opening a terminal just to run something. I want to have a desktop computer not a fucking shell account.

>is it finally time to use something else?
>finally

>They're just trying to save idiots from themselves.
GNOME users confirmed idiots

If you got the file through wget, you already have a terminal open, dingus.Winbabbies, when will they learn?

download file once, use many times.
is this rocket science? apparently it is holy fucking shit.

Footfags are just like Apple-tards, they justify every retard decision of the developers

Attached: Some retard Gnome dev decided that Gnome users are so stupid that they can't even create deskto (444x428, 1.67M)

If only KDE looked good I'd use it.

>GNOME users confirmed idiots
Yeah well, pretty much? I thought power users got off the train after GNOME 2's era ended and they realized there were more suitable alternatives for them.

Dumbass. That's when you put it in your PATH (and/or make a .desktop file for DEs I guess). You're using your computer wrong.

That icon fadeout when dropping bothers me. How different that is from windows?

putting something in $PATH doesn't make it so i can click to execute.
Linux is about freedom, you can't tell me what is the wrong way to use my box.

>is it finally time to use something else?
since 2009.

best part about nemo and dolphin is they ask "do you want to execute" when you are clicking a fucking executable file

You have to set up click to execute in Nautilus, but why would you? That behavior is apparently being called a vulnerability by security experts. It says so in OP's post. KDE shills confirmed for clueless Winfags.

>gnome is garbage
>kde is buggy and ugly
>unity is dead
>windows is better looking and usable than ever

Linux is dead. Admit it neckbeards.

You're a day late and a dollar short, tardo. The Loonix cucks have been throwing around insults about their OS this entire thread.

Not OP, but those threads are shit. Post here instead.

Holy shit, GNOME was a mistake. KDE and Qt confirmed to be our only saviours.

GNOME devs are absolute shit. I couldn't be laughing any harder right now. Thank you OP

And what happen with ugungu

Attached: YlosNiños.jpg (640x360, 28K)

Are gnone devs really so blind wtf..
Lxde ftw

Are they absolutely retarded?

we are all smarter than gnome devs! yay!

honestly when was the last time you double clicked to run an executable in nautilus?
and, yes I mean give valid examples.

Attached: 1524056565810.jpg (1200x1200, 244K)

Imagine the outrage if Windows didn't allow you to run .exe files and locked you to its store
Oh but wait this is linux so it's totally different and good!

Wget to /usr/bin

so
cd dir/where/you/are/in/nautilus
./script.sh

is top security :^)

>2018
>using retarded file manager instead of ranger

>Not looking at what you are about to execute beforehand.
Millenials,gas them all!

Desktop shortcut, you fucking nigger

use rofi

yea
I can't imagine how dumb the brainlets are who make a file executable and then double click it and THEN click execute.

Windows doesn't have proper package manager

That's not what I said.

>Now that the desktop is long gone, launching binaries and desktop files from within Nautilus is not as useful.
This doesn't really follow. If this is a security issue, it shouldn't be justified by how well it fits into the GNOME philosophy. I'd imagine most programs still being launched from within nautilus are stored in specific folders and launching them without a desktop is still useful.

What if i d/l an .Appimage file?

nobody said anyone said that..

Thank God I'm *not* doing any sort of serious development in GNOME.
Fucking retards.

Appimage is not approved by your red hat overlords. Only flatpak is allowed.

Gnome™
Removing features since 2011.