How do I get back into torrent ?

Hello Jow Forums
I'm an "old man" and I did not torrent anything since the lost of my favorite torrent website back last year.
I want to get back in the game but I've read here recently that uTorrent is rotten since the last update. What happened ?

Also since I don't want to take part on the private-tracker pile'o'shit I'm just thinking about going to pirate-bay through a VPN and try to be extra carefull ...

What do you think Jow Forums ?

Attached: utorrent_logo.jpg (1920x1080, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deluge-torrent.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have no idea why but after time warner turned into spectrum all torrents stopped working for me. I think they're blocking all p2p networks

anybody have more info on this? I can't torrent anything at all and I don't know why

>last year
>uTorrent is rotten since the last update
uTorrent has been trash since it's bloated years ago

I was using Vuze then, is it still ok nowadays ?

Use Deluge
deluge-torrent.org/

How about not?

Just buy shit legit, you should have money for an old fart

Plus torrenting is pointless with cheap alternatives everywhere. In fact it's dying out.

Why this one specifically ?

Ok please send me a legit copy of Sony Vegas Pro or AfterEffects thanks

also 1: I like the spirit of torrenting, sharing
2:
>hey guys I used to like to do "x" what is the fashion way to do it nowadays ?
>"OMGG you liked to do "x" but noooooo don't just don't I don't have any argument but just don't"
Ok mate.

µTorrent 2.2.1 is /our client/

Thank you mate I hope I will be able to get it.

You should probably just die of old age or something man. How beta are you to be on Jow Forums and claim to be an old man.

Thanks for your input, your point of view on my way to ask something here really means a lot to me.

Take a random shitty computer, or buy rpi, and add as much storage as you can. Install a really lightweight Linux distro and transmission daemon. Install transmission remote on phone and main computer. Get a friend to invite you to a tracker or lurk /ptg/ to find trackers with open sign ups. When you download a torrent, open it in transmission remote connected to your daemon. After it's done downloading, copy the data to your main machine when it's a program or stream it when it's media. Enjoy having a seedbox and never worrying about ratio and hit n runs, etc.

Wow an actual, complete, argumented comment !
Thank you very much m8 !

About /ptg/ I'm not really into the concept, it perverts the spirit of "share" that torrent was built on.

I don’t know what it is about deluge, but it just runs better for me than utorrent. I seem to get more connections and better speeds. Shit just works.

Torrenting - the sensible way:

- Torrent client does not matter.

- Get your games and movies from rutracker.org. Low probability that your stuff gets tracked. Use google translate if needed. Anime from nyaa.pantsu.cat (old ones) or directly from the horriblesubs website (new releases)

- Stay away from the private trackers, find something less useless to obsess about instead.

- For music or stuff you cant find elsewhere, rather use OCHs with jdownloader. There are some great websites with very comprehensive listings out there.

I'll shill for Deluge. It's probably the best client I've used that works perfectly in every way I need it to.

I'm a fellow old dude (36) so we gotta look out for each other. I'm not a big fan of /ptg/ either but that's because they go out of their way to shit on IPTorrents, which is the only tracker I really use anymore since it always has everything I want. Apparently it's "shitty" because they give you the option to buy upload credit to boost your ratio. It doesn't bother me because everything always has plenty of seeds anyway, but at least people with shitty internet and capped bandwidth still have the chance to download some stuff without getting banned for not seeding. For those people, they get to choose: pay their ISP for bandwidth overages from seeding, pay a random third party for a seedbox, or pay money that supports the tracker to help pay for server costs and shit, with the third option often being the cheapest too.

Deluge is great, the only people who shit on it are qBitorrent autists who care about 20 extra MiB of RAM.

1. Install qBitorrent and it's search plugins. Custom plugins are available for some private trackers.
2. Enjoy.

Attached: qbittorrent.png (400x400, 120K)

>nyaa.pantsu.cat
Just bend over to nyaa.si already

Attached: youmulick.png (850x854, 1.61M)

Torrenting is the most efficient way of watching movies and listening to music.

No one wants to go through layers and layers of DRM and to have an monthly subscription on 10 different services to watch movies and listen to music.

With torrents you just download it and enjoy it, no bullshit (once you set it up), no subscriptions, accounts, etc.

The day we get a "Steam for movies" kind of thing is the day I'll stop pirating.

Attached: 1495106048421.png (1508x892, 171K)

>"Steam for movies" kind of thing
Amazon has a pretty good selection

>With torrents you just download it and enjoy it, no bullshit (once you set it up), no subscriptions, accounts, etc.
>The day we get a "Steam for movies" kind of thing is the day I'll stop pirating.
What a terrible analogy. With Steam you still get DRM up the ass and you need an account. Something like GOG for movies would be much better.

How about you do your own research then you fucking old cunt. Keep using that shit if you want but "back then" for years utorrent has been complete shit.

Use QBit.
nyaa.si for anime
rarbg.to for western
get onto private trackers for older material

>deluge
>last updated: may 2017

enjoy your obsolete shit. might as well use utorrent 1.7 if youre going on that route

Just get qbittorent

No, vuze is even more bloated than utorrent

Fuck off, daiz.

Thanks m8

Taking torrents straight from a search bar pluggin seems like a great way to get bloated content as you you're not able to check as much as you'd want to.

Watch out lad, salt is bad for you arteries.

this.

I second this gentleman's suggestion

>One year old
>Must be completely obsolete

Please inform me of the dramatic changes in torrenting technology that render this software useless and obsolete?

sukebei.nyaa.si

Attached: 1526292690875.jpg (333x293, 40K)

My internet connection dies every time i start downloading a torrent. This has been happening for 2 days now. Last time it happened it got "fixed" after a few hours. Now all i can do is watch youtube and wait

more like hasn't needed updates in a year
Deluge was always the functional torrent client. qBittorrent looked better and was easier to use, but often functioned worse in edge cases.