APPLEL WAS A MISTAKE

macrumors.com/2018/05/14/macbook-pro-keyboard-class-action-lawsuit/

APPLEL WAS A MISTAKE

Attached: macbook-pro-compressed-air-800x534.jpg (1600x1068, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=zenbook keyboard issue
youtube.com/watch?v=5E-2RCp8CZ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the funny thing is, those types of issues are par for the course in any non-Apple product

but it happens in an Apple product and all hell breaks loose. this reveals the level of quality people expect from Apple, in spite of what chinkpad dorks on Jow Forums tell you.

The denial is strong in this one.

>those types of issues are par for the course in any non-Apple product
Never had any keyboard related problem with my +7 year old chinkpad. Try harder, iShill.

I haven't bought an Apple product in my life. It's objectively true.

Even Asus, who are supposed to be the best example of a PC manufacturer, have had problems like this on their laptops for years. My Zenbook keyboard had dead keys within a year.

I uses two different cheap plastic Asus laptops for a total of 9 years.
Never an issue with the keyboards either.

Could....could he be making shit up?

It is not par for the course for dust to stop a keyboard from working.

>Our Take: Apple has yet to launch a repair program for MacBook Pro keyboard issues, either publicly or internally, suggesting that the number of customers affected might not meet its threshold for doing so. But, given the increased attention and lawsuit, Apple may feel obligated to take action soon enough.
Yes, suck that cock macrumors.

Or... could he be an Apple shill?

Attached: apple-user.webm (1280x720, 955K)

sorry sweeties, you're comparing fattops to ultrabooks. its great that your giant hunks of primitive plastic don't break though. I would imagine a 30 year old form factor would be mastered by now.

>this reveals the level of quality people expect from Apple
It's not that it's expected from Apple, since most people know that Apple's laptops aren't actually that much better than some other laptop lines. It's that people expect any product that they pay a premium for to be a premium product. It's retarded to compare an expensive business-class laptop to $300 Facebook machine. That said, I wouldn't even expect they keyboard on a two year old $300 laptop to start failing. The article actually says that evidence of the impending failures was apparent after less than one year of use. Despite what you say, such garbage quality would not be accepted from any other laptop manufacturer, and in fact, I've heard people say things like "I'm never buying from ______ again" after a similar failure.

>par for the course in any non-Apple product
What a hilariously ignorant thing to say. I'd guess that every Acer Aspire One ever produced still has a functioning keyboard, despite the hardware being out of date... and that thing is dirt cheap.

I have a Samsung ultrabook that has a perfectly working keyboard after five years now, and I don't even clean it.
They also have replacement parts you can order and install yourself, like I did with the battery.

>best tactility in any modern laptop
>the keyboard is still shit
Why those retards can't keep they older design and add the tactility to their mushy but trusty old keyboards?

I would never buy an Ultrashit, no.

But I seriously doubt they have failing keyboards either.

Attached: 40b.jpg (600x623, 28K)

They had to shave off 0.5mm because hardware wise they have come to a standstill.

>shave 0.5 mm
With those 0.5 mm they could cool those skylake thermal infernos that those fags put on their laptops.
I miss Jobs. He used to do great overpriced gay shit. Now is just overpriced shit.

>Despite what you say, such garbage quality would not be accepted from any other laptop manufacturer
Have you lived under a rock? I've been using non-Apple laptops my entire life and there's ALWAYS some random problem with them. Whether it's charger issues, or keyboard issues, touchpad or dead pixels, there's always issues with PC manufacturers.

It would take forever to go into all of them, but here's an equivalent issue with one of Asus' "premium" laptops (started at $1000) and as far as I know, Asus still hasn't acknowledged the problem even exists
google.com/search?q=zenbook keyboard issue

Look at the Youtube "how to fix" result, it has 100k views. It's a widespread problem. But Asus isn't Apple so there was no gigantic news story about it.

This.
For some reason, Apple is sufficiently polarizing that any issue of their products become national news. Meanwhile, other manufacturers have to get really BIG problems (like the superfish fiasco) to get in the level that press gives to Apple.
I know that Apple bullies media to hide bad news about us, but the media also retorts against Apple (And Samsung in phones) very hard.

LOL @ iFags in denial.

Yeah, yeah, iFag on denial. Even if I'm typing this in my X220T

>comparing walmart laptops to applel garbage
hmmmmm

i have this problem on my enter key on my mbp early 2015 model.

I'm not a fanboy of either Apple or PC. But looking at this objectively, Apple gets crucified for any little issue its products have, because they have a reputation of flawlessness. With PC no one cares when they come out with defective products because it's standard operating procedure.

The Zenbook UX31A had the same problem these Macbooks have, and at a similar price range:
youtube.com/watch?v=5E-2RCp8CZ0

100k+ people have watched that video, which should tell you the scope of the issue. How much news coverage did you see of this manufacturing flaw? I won't wait for you to answer that.

Don't try to reason with him. He will call you an iFag, Mactoddler or something like that.
The funny thing about this is that exactly what Apple wants and they don't realize it.

Yep, denial.

Attached: 1318560781002.jpg (389x251, 113K)

The difference is that getting the Zenbook repaired, or repairing it yourself is relatively cheap and easy.
The Macbook is difficult and expensive. The replacement keyboards are not cheap if you need one and they rivet them into the machine, which makes removing the old keyboard difficult and time consuming.

Oh, for those who are keeping track of where we're at...

Here's the typical cycle for problems reported on Apple products:

* A few members post reports of the problem, report it to Apple
* No response from Apple
* Increased number of people report the issue
* No response from Apple
* Apple apologists dismiss the reports as very rare, the result of trolling, or exaggeration by drama queens
* Even more reports of the problem
* No response from Apple
* News of the problem hits blogs
* Apple apologists dismiss the blogs as simply engaging in clickbait
* No response from Apple
* Those affected by the issue threaten a class-action lawsuit
* Apple apologists decry the "sue happy" nature of American consumers
* Apple acknowledges the legitimacy of the problem
* Apple apologists are silent
* Apple release an update to correct the problem

or

15.They set up a "program" to address the problem.
16.Apple gains some positive publicity
17.Apple apologists applaud Apple for doing the "right thing". (for an issue that they said from day-1 was not actually an issue)
18.First hand experience with the “program” reveals very strict guidelines and restrictions that greatly reduce the number of affected customers that can participate in the program.

We're at step #11. Those who are affected by the problem, hang in there, a solution will be coming soon.

I don't think that price alone explains the behaviour of media.

>5 year old video

This is the absolute best iShills could come up with HAHAHAHAHA.

So where are all the hundreds of more recent models that must also be failing if every brand has the same issues?

My classmate from my uni has gone hrough four separate Surface Pro smartcover keyboards because the trackpad keeps breaking.

She’s dainty as shit and babies her technology.

>smartcover keyboards

grasping at straws now huh?

Yeah, it's inconvenience.
If you have the screwdriver that Zenbook fix takes 3 minutes start to finish.
Your Macbook is gone a week.
The screwdriver costs a few bucks.
If you don't get warranty cover the Macbook repair costs $700, and takes a week.
If you fix the Zenbook yourself and something unrelated dies later, you can still get warranty repair or at the least service.
If you fix the Macbook yourself and something unrelated dies later they refuse you service because you opened your (their) device.

Given that Surface Pros are ultrabook 2-in-1s that require the smart cover to do any feasible work, and that Microsoft is the only other first-party software-hardware manufacturer out there with an industrial design team that rival’s Apple, it’s not grasping at straws.

This is literally the exact use case the proves a point. People care more about Apple and hold them in higher regard/contempt to pursue a class action.

Stop being a child.

>rival’s

Stay in school, kid.

>If you fix the Macbook yourself and something unrelated dies later they refuse you service because you opened your (their) device.

This is false. If you try to dismantle the battery, or replace the screen, they void your warranty. For all other parts, you’re allowed to service.

I’ve had the (dis)pleasure of interning at an all Apple company before. They routinely replaced RAM, HDDs/SSDs on all of their devices, and not once has Apple refused servicing those machines.

User serviceable parts are allowed to be modified and swapped out at will.

>my classmate has gone through blah blah blah
>anecdotal evidence

Sounds like a one off to me if your classmate even exists kid. I might as well go and say my classmate has gone through 10 iphones cause all of them have touch disease

>Stay in school, kid.

“shit, i have nothing to say, better insult this guy’s grammar, that’ll show him”

As if autocorrect cannot possibly be a thing.

Stop being a toddler.

My coworker’s Dell had a faulty logicboard that bluescreen every time he played games, despite being less than four months old and having a GTX 1060.

My cousin’s Lenovo has dead pixels.

My former roommate’s chiclet keys came detached with no way to properly reattach them.

My classmate’s Asus display started dying, to the point where she brought in an external monitor to studio because she can’t afford to send in her laptop for a week.

I have plenty of anecdotes that very much align with that narrative that PC quality control isn’t any better or worse than Apple’s.

>auto correct invents non-existing words

t. iRetard

I will add another.
My T440p trackpoint stopped working when I replaced the keyboards.
Turns out that the motherboard crapped itself. They trackpoint is fine.

I wrote this like shit...

And you have to remove everything to take out the keyboard.
So, yeah, you have voided your warranty. Also they can refuse you service simply because you have opened your device, it is right there in their terms.

If I have a problem with my ASUS keyboard, I can grab one of Ebay and replace it myself. Try doing the same thing with An Apple.

I did that a couple of times when I owned a Macbook Pro. Wasn't the most horrible experience, but it also wasn't pleasant.

Shits break, that's not news.
News is that apple keyboards have a design flaw but apple still sells them.
....and it's not the first flaw that apple doesn't admit that exists for generations upon generations of iphones or fagbooks.

You probably had one of the older models, the newer models are horrible.

How many of those were withing warranty yet they refused to fix or replace the item?

Nobody claims Macbooks should last forever.
We're just laughing because poorfags buy iCrapples and then get cheated out of warranty because they are too onions to stand up to a corporation.

RIVETED KEYBOARD

Yes, at least Apple addressed the major issue where their products were too easy to fix yourself.

This.
I had a Dell laptop that pulled this shit all the fucking time; whenever a crumb or speck of dust gets under a single key, the entire keyboard stops working until you spray it out. I honestly thought that was normal.

I have a Gateway laptop from 1999 that still works.
You're full of shit.

wait, apple is shit?
no way...
old news is FUCKING OLD!

Maybe because apple sells itself as a premium product and charges double for their products. Of course it will be a bigger embarrassment if they produce total shit.

I remember when those keyboards came out I was curious so I went to the nearest Apple store to try one out and upon pressing a single key I let out a chortle so grotesque and brash I had to excuse myself by jaunting out the door before one of the shirt wearers could greet me.

>this reveals the level of quality people expect from Apple
And what makes it okay for Apple to stoop to the level of chinktrash while charging "premium" prices? When people pay a markup of $500 or more for a laptop they expect the quality that comes with it.

Dunno, I had a lot of crapbooks (not thinkpads, but Acer, ASUS, Lenovos), and only once keyboard failed on me, in ASUS laptop. It was easy to replace, with original parts, for 15$. Sure it was pain disassembling entire machine, but it is not comparable

>thinks Applel is not a PC
>not an Applel fangirl
kek m8

At least if and when it happens to literally any other kind of keyboard, they don't need to physically rip the keyboard out by force, destroying it, have to tap the previous rivets, and replace they keyboard that's likely to fail again with another one that costs around $100 for the single keyboard alone.

I've also not seen any other kind of keyboards with keycaps so thin that they'd snap if you tried removing them, even with more skilled techs.

Attached: just like every other keyboard.png (1920x972, 2.33M)

Imagine having to replace the entire keyboard because of a single key breaking due to a known defect only for it all to happen again. It's just a thin piece of metal that shouldn't cost more than $30 let alone $100.

literally no laptops had this issue until apple made butterfly switch keyboards

MACTODDLERS BTFO

thistbhfam
Had a roommate in college that always ate at her laptop and so much shit would get under the keys, but no matter what you could always just pry off all the keys, clean it out, and pop them back on in less than 10 minutes.

My laptop doesn't have this problem.

Attached: IMG_20180427_114133.jpg (2448x3264, 2.31M)

chiru

dude weed LMAO

seriously though is that model still a viable option for daily use?

Not him but why wouldn't it work for daily use?

That's a t61 right? I just imagine they're incredibly dated but I'm new to Thinkpads and still deciding which one to buy. I'm in love with the 4:3 aspect ratio but I'm worried the t61 won't be able to handle anything.

Fucking lol I thought you meant the MFB.
No idea about the chinkpad senpai I have a real laptop.

You overfilled the trench m8.

This is why I don't settle for anything short of a full mechanical keyboard built into the laptop.

>tfw no acer predator

Having a laptop keyboard that looks the same layout as the old Thinkpad keyboards (xx20) but that it would even be mechanical would be awesome. Why is that not a thing? It wouldn't have to be as deep as a desktop keyboard but the old Thinkpad keyboard is fine. Can't they just make switches that are a little more shallow than normal?

>those types of issues are par for the course in any non-Apple product
Hardly, no other product comes with a keyboard with tolerances so fucking tight that a speck of dust will ruin it.
Oh, and here's the real kicker: When dirt and shit does ruin the keyboard in just about any other laptop, it can be replaced or cleaned easily by either the user or a repair shop.

What this reveals is that, surprise surprise, when a product is priced well into a premium price range, and the company that makes it claims that it "just werks" and is a "perfect high-quality premium product", people are much less likely to just accept these issues.

But they're probably just using the keyboard wrong, right?

I've got a Thinkpad X1 Carbon Carbon, had it for 4 years and the keyboard is still as good as ever. In fact the whole thing feels the same as it did the day I got it.

Anyone else wish this brand would die? Who thought the sexual predator branding was a good idea anyway?

you can't even swap macbook keyboards properly all the new models have the keyboard riveted with about 30 rivets in so its really hard to replace

your classmate was probably spunking all over his keyboard if he needed a new one three times desu

>PC quality control

Apple computers are PCs. They just have code in the UEFI that OSX looks for before it will install.

great arguments right there m8

>My Zenbook keyboard had dead keys within a year.
>not having the balls to enact your consumer right and demand a replacment
fucking ameribugs, enjoy your freedoms lmao!

Even the chinkiest laptop wont have such faulty keyboard. if you pay 2500$ you expect this shit to work and the keyboard is the most basic shit ever. kys shill

>reputation for flawlessness

You iToddlers keep saying this, but it's not true. Apple has a reputation for marketing their products this way and then *marking them up* accordingly. They're not supposed to break.

If I pay $1800 for a $1000 laptop on the basis that it "just werks" and is a "quality device", I'm going to be more pissed when it breaks. I'm also going to be more pissed when this "premium" product is designed with glaring mechanical flaws that Apple internally knows exist, sometimes for decades, but refuses to publicly acknowledge or support under warranty.

It's got nothing to do with higher expectations because of track record. The higher expectations exist because Apple markets that way, utterly fail to deliver on it, and charges you a premium as if they had.

i dunno, user i've been using the same type cover in a garage anvironment for 2 years now and it's held up fine other than being slightly darker grey than it used to. There's also sub-50$ aftermarket replacements that are also bluetooth that work fine if you disable pinch zoom (it interferes with scrolling sometimes)

Attached: IMG_20180210_160729.jpg (3264x2448, 3.68M)

>thin piece of metal

by that logic the whole computer is just a thin piece of metal and it's ridiculous it costs more than 20$

The rest of the laptop contains ICs and other high-precision components which bring the price up. The keyboard is just a metal sheet with contacts and traces that leads to the controller on the mainboard.

ITS A FUCKING BUTTON

IT EITHER WORKS OR DOESNT WORK.

>applel

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>you allow your keyboard to get so dirty that it ceases to function
>this is somehow apple's fault

Attached: 1520923870111.jpg (1000x710, 274K)

i've never owned an apple product in my life.

>t. mactoddler

The problem is that “so dirty” for these computers is basically nothing. I work at a fucking Apple store and even or display models that have these keyboards have stuck keys or keys that won’t register when you push them.

>display models that have these keyboards have stuck keys or keys that won’t register

And iCucks still buy them?
That's hilarious.
I'll bet they think it's some magical new feature that revolutionizes typing.

Yeah they still buy it. I just tell them “oh there must be something stuck underneath. This isn’t normal”
Kinda sad that they don’t even question the viability of the keyboards when they’re not working right in front of their faces.
I will also openly discourage customers from buying the touch bar computer because I think it’s fucking useless and they’ll still buy it because “it looks cool”

Can you program the touch bar with alternatives for stuck keys?
Or is it limited to media and function keys?

Yeah it’s basically just limited to media and function keys.

it costs me 20$ and 30 minutes of time to replace the keyboard on my thinkpad. Good luck getting a cheap macbook replacement keyboard and enjoy disassembling your macbook pro with proprietary screws, glued together assembly and a bunch of rivets you have to remove and replace you fucking retard.

>30 minutes

Do you have no hands or something?
Shouldn't take more than 5.