>SIM Slot
>WiFi 802.11
>Bluetooth 4
>Debugging interface (internal)
>USB Host
>USB Type-C
>Battery
>Sensors: GPS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light, Proximity

Attached: phone-turn-around-kde-1024x576.png (1024x576, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
itsfoss.com/librem-linux-phone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but at least someone found a proper use for KDE.

I'm excited for a modern linux phone:)

Terrorist. Phone.

even if it doesnt have any phone capabilities it will be nice to have a botnet free device you can carry in your pocket
would certainly grab one if i wasnt poor

Also will eventually run android apps natively in isolation.
If it can do that then it will definitely be my next phone

How do I get one of these cunts?

are you making up those specs?

>physical "killswitches" on the side
oh boy i can't wait to turn my cellular radio off trying to take my phone out of my pocket for a call. Also just because they are physically there STILL does not mean they will do anything.

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Plz buy me one too!

nice vaporware

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I've been excited about this. I'm waiting for them to show a prototype fully assembled before I preorder though. Right now, they're just messing around with displays hooked up to dev boards, and I've yet to see them actually assemble the phone.

Attached: 1370229851149.gif (500x373, 331K)

Hand terminal, just minus voice. I could live with that. Msg me or fuck off, faggots.

I am interested in their products but it's still a mobile phone, which means I won't be buying one that's not waterproof. As much as I want that one I'll have to wait for the next model and buy something else in the meanwhile.

Why does it need to be water proof? Are you using your phone in your pool?

It leaves with me from my home to everywhere I go. I don't want my phone to break just because it got wet. Be it just heavy raining or spilling a drink on my pocket or dropping through the ice in the winter and having to call my own help. I would like it to be able to withstand hits as well but that's harder to accomplish. Waterproofing is very common and doesn't even alter the looks anymore in modern phones. They just are waterproof or they aren't. Out of all consumer electronics (apart from maybe electric toothbrushes) it gets durability tested more than anything, because it travels all the time. I know that phones generally can take a drop of water or two, but I don't want to just hope it can. I want to be sure it can. I can be sure if it has a certification that it went through some serious testing and they can promise it will handle them.

will the money be refunded if they don't ever deliver it?

I think Purism said that you will be able to choose between gnome, kde, and Ubuntu touch.

Post pic of your current phone with time stamp or gtfo

Ordered the dev board, will only get the board if it works out well.

Get the phone*

Only if you become my boipussy slave.

pretty interesting but
>$600
>can't run android apps
>no CDMA (verizon) support
I understand those constraints my not be equally significant for everyone, but I'd rather just buy a chearp $200-$300 android phone and flash a custom rom with micro g and save on $400 and also be able to use android apps.

>are you making up those specs?
He isn't, although the device is still due to release in January. Don't forget:
>Since it is in early phases, specifications may change over the time.
itsfoss.com/librem-linux-phone/
Also relevant for:

>oh boy i can't wait to turn my cellular radio off trying to take my phone out of my pocket for a call
Those are switches not button, so it won't that easy for you to turn off cellular radio

>can't run android apps
but it can run debian, I have every bit of software I need in here

Yay

Yes. But they're already selling a bunch of laptops. It will be delivered. They're a popular Linux brand.

>heavy rain
What you're looking for is splash proof, not water proof.

It will come with PureOS, but installing other systems should be easy. They're already working with devs of the Ubuntu Touch fork.

It's expensive because it's the first of it's kind. And it should be able to run android apps soon after release. SailfishOS can and it's an open source mobile GNU distro with the ability to run android apps. So Purism just has to get the necessary code from there.

No NFC?

>trying to use full-sized desktop apps on a 5"

More power to you.

Attached: jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif (245x285, 915K)

I really like the idea, but until it can run android apps natively it won't work for me
From looking at their crowdfunding thing it doesn't look like they reached the tier for that, so I'm probably going to have to wait for the next version.

After years of failed linux phones mu expectations are quite low.

I believe before that Ill see a libre-fucsia powered phone.

>tumblr reaction gif
yikes... and KDE is making advancements in having a better touchscreen experience

Nay get a pixel xl

I will be seriously dissapointed if it doesn't have nfc and not having hotspot capability is a deal breaker.

>hotspot capability
>the only reason this may not included is because of shitty telcos telling you what you can use
rustles my jimjams i tells ya

Cartel/drug dealers?

Attached: Screenshot_Firefox_20180515-044410.jpg (1152x2048, 315K)

If it has WiFi it has hotspot. You can use WiFi as a hotspot, that's how the VPN Hotspot app works (android/linux). It uses your WiFi chip not only as a WiFi receiver but also a WiFi repeater.

I still don't understand why those people do not release a poorfag phone ~200€ (which is more than enough) and a more expensive phone like this one for retard that like to waste money on tech

>t. moto G 4G user

>599$
>entry level specifications
>no accessories
>no spare parts
>so unique it basically leaves footprint whenever it connects
>usb c meme to make it even harder to find a charger cable
nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay

>but I'd rather just buy a chearp $200-$300 android phone
>chearp $200-$300
What the absolute fuck? I'm not a poorfag, but 200-300 for a phone is not cheap. How hard does your wallet usually get raped?

Making a phone like that cheaper probably requires much larger production. It is expensive for the specs because they do a lot of things different and are new to this.

>Botnet-paranoid freetard phone
Yikes

$200-300 is the low end of the spectrum for decent phones, user.

This is not a thread about a decent phone. This is a thread about redmi level phone for a price of a flagship.

But by Allah, what a beautiful one.

>Botnet-paranoid freetard phone
>Yikes
Nonsense meme-speak assuming you have made an actual point. Yikes.

Nah decent phones start just over a hundred bucks nowadays. You can squeeze that further if you're willing to buy used, or /csg/ stuff.

if you're focusing on the specs of this thing you're missing the point of it completely.

>usb c meme to make it even harder to find a charger cable
Are you a poorfag? All android devices moved to USB-C a year ago. Nothing has mUSB anymore, other than budget off shelf devices and dumbphones.

Switches=/= buttons

>you need a few hundred bucks for "decent" phone
>"privacy" smartphone makes sense
Sheep. You believe everything that you're told.

Don't forget to carry micro b to c dongle around with you all the time because apparently all of the people around are not progressive enough when you need to charge your phone.

Does the librem 11 have pen support? I want a surface-like device but none of them support linux decently. Still looks like it has shit specs tho.

The phone will come out in 2019. By that time even the majority of pajeets will have a USB C device. Xiaomi A1 is a popular budget phone, has USB C. Any decent android device made in late 2017 and later will have USB C. You're like one of the retards shilling for floppy discs because "but nobody uses CDs yet, they won't during my lifetime!".

Has anyone here tried Plasma Mobile, how shit is it? It will probably be more useful than the GNOME Mobile UI they are developing, right?

Also those specs are outdated. They will use a 5.5 inch 2:1 display and a i.MX 8 CPU

Those faggots are just a bunch of gnome fanboys, they only add support to plasma mobile so as not to lose sales.

Attached: watermarkfaggots.gif (800x450, 1.72M)

Money laundering

To be fair, gnome would probably work better as a mobile DE anyways. I hate gnome more than anything, but if its gonna be used someplace a phone is the best spot.

I'm saging don't worry - what is the big deal with USB-C? Smartphones support fast charging even without it and there are adapters. I don't see the lack of it as a deal breaker of any kind.

It's a novelty.
"""geeks""" love novelties

Full-on linux on phone?
No thx buddy, get me something lighter pls.

You can try postmarket OS on it
It does not use gnu.

Can this phone run Lineage?

Yes though copperhead would be a better option.(being libre and shit)

>copperhead would be a better option.(being libre and shit)
I don't think this is true.