Tech companies on your shitlist

What are the companies that you'd NEVER work for, Jow Forums?
List the reason why.

>Amazon
Biggest sweatshop in the US.

Attached: 1523419756009.jpg (576x1024, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html
classactionwallet.com/amazon-warehouse-worker-class-action-lawsuit-alleges-modern-day-sweat-shop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amazonfags defend this behavior.
>all warehouses are like this

If someone like the blue haired abortion endures this at Amazon, then I'm all for it.

not only the warehouses... programmers are treated the same way.

Microsoft, Apple, Google, Intel, nVidia

"Undercover author"
Oh look its fucking nothing

nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html

Every companies. I can't imagine why a sane man could give most of his time to make profit for someone else.
Be your own boss.

Any of the consulting companies - IBM, Deloette, Accenture theyre all shit to work for and pay little for throwing you into the fire of large retarded integration projects. Thoughtworks used to be better but now I dont know anymore.
Amazon is bullshit, the average dev leaves after a year and a half leaving almost all the stock on the table.

Google and NVIDIA are godtier

Poor woody

>order on Monday
>promises to be here on Wednesday by 8 "if you order within the next X hours"
>order immediately
>checkout now says the shit will be here by Thursday

>gets prime student
>auto renews full price despite having the school dates set

>mails you a 40 pound bag in a box 2X bigger than the bag and 4 tiny airpouches in the box like its going to make a fucking difference
>box gets here deteriorated with the air pouches popped

>ships out items there are defective and were recalled and fixed over 7 years ago
>apologizes and gives free two day shipping to a prime member on a replacement order that are the same defective shit

I dont fucking know why I even buy shit from them, I have to pay tax on the shit anyway so Im not saving anything besides the energy it takes to drive to the store and get the shit myself.

do you think she peed on woody?

>intel just "shuts down" Purism's laptop intel firmware reverse engineered source code on github

SHUT IT DOWN GOYIMMM

I wonder what they were trying to hide??
They would only have it shut down if they considered it a threat or were worried that we might see something they are running on there...

>newegg

>advertises shit as "aluminum"
>watch reviews that says its plastic
>chat bitch "checks and can confirm its "aluminum"", promises that if it isnt I can get a return return override and have a free shipping label
>its fucking plastic painted to look aluminum
>go to return it
>ooohh no weturn vewy vewy sowy
>shows chat log
>sits there and fights me
>gives up and goes to get management
>comes back and fights me more
>has the nerve to say the neodymium used in a magnet inside the fucking thing is "an upgraded form of aluminum" and therefore the description is actually correct
>mfw neodymium and aluminum are two completely different chemical elements.
>bitch please! science.jpg
>offers return again
>say yea thats what I came here for
>fucking disconnects the chat
>reconnect to new bitch
>have the same argument with her
>2 hours later finally get the return
>now wheres my shipping label
>mfw disconnected
>reconnect to new bitch
>ow vewy vewy sowwy mr amrican man, u c hear it say you nolonger want item therefore no return label
>repeat the whole fucking process over again
>finally get the shit that was promised 1 week ago, with logs of it all, after 2.5 fucking hours
fucking chinks

also I swear I see shit say its got the standard return policy and then after I buy it it switches to nonrefundable all the time.

they still have people working in warehouses?
what is this 1980?

>newegg
oh yea and also they will sell you fried graphics cards they used to mine and the repackaged as new and deny your doa exchange,
and will do shit like stick a screw driver in a motherboard socket and deny a return claiming bent pins. They took this one straight out of asus's playbook.
last two examples courtesy of friends and forums.

>Obv has self-worth issues
>Strong from lifting all day
>Looks like she has a decent rack
Just my type.

>"you're my favorite deputy"

A lot of the big meme companies (Amazon, Apple, et al) that all the grads try to work for are slave drivers.
There's very little in the way of work/life balance, and the stress is pretty darn high. That's why you see a turnover rate of like 1.5 years.

That said, they pay really well and it looks great on your resume when you go to get a more long-term position.

i can't feel too bad because they ship my shit so fast

Honest she could be pretty cute

>Country without worker rights
>Leaves EU
They did it to themselves.

>havent left EU yet
>implying all workers rights would disappear when UK leaves
retard

Call centers. user let me tell you call centers are draining mentally. If you do not do good you will be fired easily.

>if you order within the next X hours
>listing servers are in Samoa and use local time.
>checkout servers are in Tonga and use local time.
See? They didn't lie...

>Be teen
>Work at call centre as summer job
>Work is shit, don't enjoy a second of it
>Drink Monster drink from the complementary fridge
>Don't sell shit, don't get paid, leave
>MFW get bill from the job
>MFW it wasn't complementary monster drink

I hope you didn't paid the shit you drank.

For real. she'd probably look pretty if she wasn't wearing work attire and dyed hair.

I feel like this board has a pretty bad case of the "2/10 would not bang" neckbeards.

Can't he just re-up it?

Apple
Whoever the fuck made the chargers (both port and cord end) for all the Android devices, they're fucking shit and get completely destroyed from normal use
I'm just gonna get a fucking chinkphone next time

I would say you can just quit if you don't like it.
Doubt they pay really good to justify, and even if they do, you just need to ask yourself does it really worth.
It's simple, people are just too cuck.

The problem is that many people often don't have many choices for a better job.

Not to go all /fullcommunist/ but as the automation takes more and more jobs, and the wealth divide increases, we're going to just have a bunch of equally shitty low paying jobs to choose from.

The actual problem starts with

>Biggest sweatshop in the US.
>in the US
>"...Amazon warehouse workers in the UK..."
You'd think countries so pompous would adopt half decent laws to protect their workforce.

it's even worse in the US. US has much weaker worker protection laws.

>Amazon Warehouse Worker Class Action Lawsuit Alleges “Modern Day Sweat Shop”
classactionwallet.com/amazon-warehouse-worker-class-action-lawsuit-alleges-modern-day-sweat-shop/

Attached: 1496298707072.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Good japanese work ethics are the best
Next they should start sleeping in closets

There's no point in having as many people as we do now, especially if so many of them are packed together living miserable lives in Indian/Chinese/African shitholes.

#ThanosDidNothingWrong

Lol I'd love to see the looks on the face of who ever was the Amazon worker who shipped my butt toys. I bought some seriously large plugs from Amazon.

Amazon and apple

Do you suffer from anal tearing?

>>all warehouses are like this
Every warehouse I've ever work for in the past was EXACTLY that way. Hell, before they went outta business (lol), the Kmart warehouse spent the first 2 wks in "orientation" telling new hires repeatedly what they would be fired for.

Well no shit, no sympathy for minimum wage physical labor brainlets. You're smart enough to get an office job at Amazon, right user?

Linkedin, Twitter

Why the fuck is she peeing in a bottle when it could be my mouth. Smh

peeing in a bottle is comfy as fuck.

>mfw just got my Amazon credit card

Feels amazing supporting such a great company.

Attached: 1526242534913.jpg (1147x825, 118K)

I worked at a CVS distribution center for a short while last year, 12 hour days 5 days a week, one 30 min lunch break and one 15 minute break. Did the tote line, computers would demand a insane pick rate that was impossible with 4 or 5 others on the tote line with you, and you were timed down to the second.
I seriously wanted to fucking kill myself daily until I left, I can't see anyone doing that for longer than a few months.

they're leftists. you're supporting democrat party with your purchases.

actually no, it's the dyed blue hair. It's the biggest red flag telling you that girl is bad news.

That's okay, I always vote democrat anyways.

Attached: 1451210676007.jpg (1000x875, 119K)

VU. Enjoy having no desk and 'pair' programming

good goy.

lol this. Also, I don't give a fuck what political party a business affiliates with.

>credit card
lol americans

This.

Attached: 1522081640313.jpg (1840x1088, 389K)

>noting using one to get an easy 750 credit score and like a hundred cash back every few weeks
Are you poor?

Oracle. Would never work for them, they have set out to destroy the software industry with lawsuits.

interesting, first time I see that. Personally, all the girls with dyed hair I knew were extremely quirky, aggressive and petulant.

It's nice to see it has a scientific background.

Fuck off

You're really desperate if you want that

Gee it's almost as though unskilled/ignorant people shouldn't be kept alive in the first place. We had something called Natural Selection that used to take care of that for us, but now we keep every sub 70 IQ piece of shit alive and give them welfare, food stamps and housing so we can feel good about ourselves on social media.

We have more worker rights than most of the EU. Always did, and our lawyers wrote the law.

So how about you, go fucking kill yourself. Daft cunt. EU is shit.

Raytheon, Boeing, Locheed Martin.
>Implying I'm smart enough to get hired by them
I'm not but even if I was, they're the root of so much unspeakable evil.....

We do, it's just people who work at places like amazon are fucking idiots and pussies.

Google, because they are literally the botnet to end all botnets

>credit score
holy fuck guys can you believe the chinese government is spying on everyone and assigning social scores to them in order to disqualify them from getting loans and stuff, man what a load of authoritarian shit, but hey it's okay when a cabal of US companies do it and then leak all the data to the public because of bad security, fuck it GO MURICA

You're a moron. Credit scores are a basic tool banks use to not fucking go under.

Not to mention that there is really no excuse for not having a 700ish score if you're childless and make 30k USD.

>excusing mass surveillance with "b-b-but we need it to stay in business"
never thought i would see an equifax apologist here

>mass surveillance
What the fuck are you on about? I've never seen a Discover send some spook after me to be surveilled. I think a bank's knowing how well one pays their credit card debt and history of being sued for missed payments when asking nicely for a new loan is a good way to stay solvent.

seen Discover send***
sage

the animals, plants and fungi shown there are actually pretty though

you would think that until you miss a payment for reasons entirely beyond your control and then you get blacklisted, no one at the credit agencies will return your calls, and you realize the system is fucked because you are now permanently banned from owning a house in your lifetime because of someone else's mistake

also
>caring if banks stay solvent
they are all thieves as was proved in 2008, they deserve all the loan defaults they get

Missing 1 payment doesn't fuck your score that badly. You had a history of shit credit if that happened.

>they are all thieves as was proved in 2008
What is a local bank? Politically, you're not wrong but you don't get finance.

Huawei and ZTE. Fuckers killed Nortel and nigged their tech.

except when you know, it does

every local bank in my area has been bought by one of the big boys

You’re just jealous of my Black Diamond Elite Card. This motherfucker weighs three pounds.

It wasn't so bad way back when I worked at Amazon. There was one time where management formed a human barricade preventing people from leaving the break room and took down the names of everyone who left late. A lot of people just left early that day and most others filed complaints so they didn't pull that shit again. They liked to remind you that they can see your activity by tracking the items you've scanned and if you had large breaks they'll come and yell at you. One time one of the managers came and yelled at me because I had a large period of inactivity because every single cage was taken. I got in a big argument with him about how it's management's job to make sure that I'm actually able to do the work and he eventually just said something snarky like "Well, I'll just put you down as no excuse then." I went to HR and complained and they handled it, he was super friendly to me ever since.

> I went to HR
KYS

Yeah, sure. I'll just take it up the ass from management and suck their dicks while I'm at it. Do you even have a job?

Trust me, The Fed needs to end but either way, it's still not good for banks to be making shitty loans with your currency and credit scores help prevent that.

When I've worked at a place that's shitty I just quit. I structure my life in a way that I'm able to do this. I have little expenses and live like a monk. Fuck being "loyal" to a company just because you work for them. I work to get paid not to be a part of a "family"

I don't think the two are related.

Weird girls dye their hair to show that they're "quirky" and don't care about what's considered conventionally attractive. The animal adaptation is "hey I'm poisionous, don't kill and eat me".

>Apple
Overpriced tech because a brand name, only thing going for them is ease of use.

>Microsoft
Duct-tape new features and look to an OS and call it something new, don't bother to update anything core that would improve it's security for fear of people getting pissed over not being able to use age-old software that they shouldn't be using anymore (they can literally just have a small compatibility program that VMs old shit).

>ASUS
Everything I've ever gotten from them has issues out the box.

>Intel
Paying 1000USD for a locked housefire.

>Google
The biggest botnet to ever botnet and everything they acquire goes to absolute shit, IE YouTube.

>Newegg
They have really gone downhill the past few years and the performance of their website is not complete garbage. I only use them to buy Ethernet cords at most. They have a terrible selection of anything anymore.

>Amazon
I hate you for how you treat your workers, but you're the only place I can find some stupid shit.

>Anything openly supporting cryptotards
Not all of us were able to get in or have the money to do so and on top of that we now can't even upgrade our GPUs due to exorbitant prices.

I don't disagree that fetus testing should be mandatory and we should delete all the ones that are defective.

You're missing the point though. On the road that we're headed, there are going to be the ultra rich, and everyone else.
Take our hypothetical Amazon warehouse worker. Grew up in a low income neighborhood, didn't really learn much at school because no funding, no money available for college or post-secondary education. Finally lands a job at Amazon moving boxes, pays just enough to keep the lights on and food on the table.

Amazon exploits this worker because they have nowhere better to go. By supporting this, you're basically saying that since our worker was born into a bad situation, they basically deserve nothing better than wage slavery, while Jeff Bezos takes the private jet out for fun. Explain how this is a good system.

This is the way to do it.

As long as you can refrain from falling into the consumerism trap, it takes very little money to live a comfortable life, and subsequently very little to retire.

Faggot :^)

>Jeff Bezos takes the private jet out for fun.
I'm pretty sure he has, or will have, way more money than just for playing around with planes and shit.

>Google
Google is absolute shit tier to work for

Nigger what

How do you think people build credit scores?

Through getting free money from using credit cards.

Maybe in the land of the free. I had a pretty chill warehouse job in Norway and they were paying 200 NOK (around 25 burger coins) an hour to boot.

Which becomes 5 burgercoins after taxes.

which is still worth more than 25 burgercoin because your dollar is worthless lol

>Amazon workers in UK
>Biggest sweatshop in the US
Okay

Cute. I paid 27% income tax

No don't you know that in 1991 robots suddenly spawned from the realms of hell and did all the warehouse work ever since?