Google Duplex

this thread is NOT about how great it is.
hands down, it's a huge feat in tech.

the debatable issue is:
some people think it's bad/deceptive that you may not be able to tell it's not human.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0otgRmscUk
if you are one, explain yourself. why is it so bad? it's really no different than hiring a human assistant. are you just angry you didn't figure it out? feel like a fool?

Attached: 3173.jpg (600x741, 122K)

Fuck this thread. Shit sucks.

just as i thought.
no one has an actual valid reason.
just a bunch of stupid liberals fear mongering.

This is not a partisan issue. This is a technophobe issue.

Why does it matter whether it's an AI or a person? Fucking robophobes.

I like how everyone is outraged about this pointless shit instead of the fact that you now won't have to say "ok google" anymore because the phone will be constantly listening and analysing what you say.

Wait what?

>hands down, it's a huge feat in tech.
shithead, it's probably the best example they came up with.

I guarantee you that thing will work like shit in real world and people will quickly realize what's going on and will fuck with it.

How long until everyone has a call captcha app on their phones?

>duplicitous

Attached: LOL kanji.jpg (554x443, 31K)

It was in the same Google I/O as the Duplex presentation.

TheVerge has a short recap of it that includes this part.

>will fuck with it
Why? This is a huge boon for businesses. Now they don't have to worry about setting up an online interface. A lot of people will already make decisions based on whether they have to make a telephone call or not, now businesses don't have to worry about losing customers.

Businesses are going to use it themselves to receive customer calls. So you will have robots calling and conversing with other robots because people are too autistic to have conversations with each other.

you're an idiot. they'll get pranked with that shit and will actually LOSE business since no one is investing any effort into it.

We will either all die in the next 10 years or all live better lives.

Im scared.

It's not awful, but it isn't perfect or anything. I think it wouldn't be too hard to throw it off track. Also, imagine it telling you it booked something, messing up, and when you show up they don't know anything. I don't think this will really take off.

>Google AI is going to prank businesses

if the assistant has to tell you its an ai before hand, what in the fuck is the point of google making it so human like. fuck these stupid ethics, almost every major break through in science was done before we had ethics

That botnet knows my old friends and talking shit
Where is privacy ????????
Hmmmmmmm.......

I think he meant people pranking the Business AI, like calling and saying "this sentence is false", but more elaborate.

Can I use her to tell my friend he is a cunt?

>own small business
>potential customer calls
>using Google Assistant
>shit on them for no reason
>???????
>profit
Solid business plan.

It hasn't been demo'd live. Only videos of it "working".
Why isn't Google letting people test it IRL?

>being this retarded
How do you think wake words work?

fucking godsend desū
>be me
>ordering pizza
>pull up google waifu
>google-kun please order me my usual
>y-yes user-chan!
>tfw ywn have to sperg out on the phone again
based google

because it isn't completely working retard
they said it multiple times and an actual release is scheduled to be a few years from now

You will sperg out when you find who else is listening to all the time.
Also.
>waifu
>kun

Who is this semen demon?

top kek

i dont care if some jew at google sees me ordering pizza and programming socks
>>waifu
>>kun
it checks out, although im pretty sure i used -chan incorrectly

This is going to put a lot of call center people out of jobs. To be honest, considering deep fakes are a thing we shouldn't be too surprised that voice AI impersonation is going to be a thing. There will be cryptographic methods to verify the authenticity of public messages, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

The reality is that we are already using AI to do scary things, under the guise of data analytics. I overheard a couple of Somali ladies talking about how analysts at the RCMP were identifying gang member groups. The world is already changing.

Are we fucked? Depends. Are you poor?

Attached: 14234973458.jpg (664x662, 25K)

>google, post 30 bane threads on a daily basis at Jow Forums.org/tv/

During the period of time there were no ethics committees in clinical trials, they used blacks as guinea pigs to see the natural effects of syphilis, without telling them that they were infected, or that they would never be cured (otherwise the study would be pointless)
Because of this study (the Tsukegee syphilis experiment), sixty years later it is still impossible to get blacks to participate in any clinical trials because they don't trust scientists anymore.

>Poor people get screwed

In other words, nothing has changed except there will be more poor people now.

>trust us goy, we're not spying on you
>we're just listening to see if you're talking to us and nothing else

This but desu it's more like 5-30 years. Were very close to a lot but someone still has to push us forward and not have people fucking it all up. Things can stagnate surprisingly easily or there's some chance we could wake up tomorrow with the Borg asking us to join

How retarded are you?
Google has already made a public statement that once the tech is pushed to public, all communications will begin with "Oi twat I'm a fuckin bot innit?"

I don't know what google duplex is or does, sorry.
Can you tl;dr? (not clicking your botnet link)

Another step for the Google/NSA botnet.

I like British touch they'll add

Fucking weeaboos.

>fuck these stupid ethics
my question is: is it truly unethical?
if so, what makes it unethical?
no one in the media has put forth a viable example, they all just spout the line.

Of course not, you're just "casually" discussing it to get people engaged in the subject. Just because moot works there, it doesn't mean you have permission to shill your garbage here, fuckface.

fucking top kek!

>sixty years later it is still impossible to get blacks to participate in any clinical trials because they don't trust scientists anymore.
because black people are so retarded as to be unable to realize that it happened years before regulation came in, but what would you expect of a people who cry about something they had never anything to do with

>t. still doesn't trust jews over something that happened years ago

i would prefer the other way around; humans sounding more like robots.
what i mean by this is that its a waste of time for clerks (and eventually other bots) talking to bots. short, data specific phrases would be much faster and better to get shit done.
voice in general is muddy data, i prefer typing
>i'm not a robot

Attached: 91aj2RO0AxL._SY445_.jpg (317x445, 39K)

You are fucking stupid for even bringing politics into this. It’s technophobes vs everyone else, regardless of political affiliation

it could be a grey area where for example someone is trying to call for help and gets a bot that fails to understand.
it could be a problem if later down the line bots can sound more like their 'owners' and take calls for them, give out their data or agree to things without the owner confirming.
another aspect is the magnitude of calls now possible, imagine 1million "microsoft support bots" beeing able to call people non-stop every minute

u r butthurt over this?
you MUST be a liberal!
why?
1. you take it personally
2. you focus on this (a side issue) rather than the subject of the thread
3. so easily swayed by perceived emotions rather than reality.

back to: with you!

uh...
that may be some /possible/ future shit though.
people are freaking out over what DID ALREADY happen (which was nothing like that).
they /feel/ deceived/betrayed.
what was unethical in a demo?
what is unethical should this become a thing (as presented)?
just an assistant, handling a specified, ordered task.

FUCKING MODS CONTAIN THIS SHIT

If everyone had the same amount of money and resources, there would be no rich people. Investigate the torah. Thousands of years. Thousands.

You have to remember how braindead normies are and that they only know how to /feel/ these days, they never used their ability to /think/ and it has atrophied into oblivion. That's why they all act like sheep that /feel/ their way through problems as a dumb collective of the blind leading the blind.

If you have a virtual assistant make an appointment for you I have no problem with it speaking like a human on the phone with the receptionist.

One thing I'm concerned about is the potential for bugs as this becomes used more and more. I think a virtual assistant gone haywire can wreak a lot more havoc when it can call people on the phone without your knowledge and sound convincingly human. Another thing I'm worried about is just the ability to generate speech in an arbitrary voice. We're entering an era where it will be possible to fabricate convincing audio fakes of business or political opponents. This will cut two ways: not only will you be able to fake dirt on somebody, but it will provide cover for you to claim "fake news" when a damaging audio recording turns up. And then later on we'll have convincing video fakes.

But as far as this Google tech goes I'm not too worried about it.

>If everyone had the same amount of money and resources, there would be no rich people

Attached: 1508956790907.png (657x539, 80K)

deep fakes + voco + duplex + cgi + holograms + hollywood magic + global internet

there now seems to be a potential platform where the prophecy could surely happen:

Matthew 24:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.

You are kind of blowing my mind there, user.

Cool but if you're waiting for judgment day I wouldn't hold my breath

>false God's
Now think about who really is the false God.

>Can't differentiate between human and machine
Brainlet.

> some people think it's bad/deceptive that you may not be able to tell it's not human.
People in tech deal with this their whole life, captcha wouldn't exist otherwise.

damn, siri!
you scary!

I hate this place

the funny thing about all this is that there is already bots that your talk to especially in customer support, the only difference is the google one sounds more realistic, natural, and flexible in the way it speaks

butthurt libtard detected

The reason it is bad is because there is no recourse for malfunction. People have just accepted that all tech is shitty and it malfunctions constantly.

>massage parlor and haircut place get misclassified
>duplex starts filling up the schedule for the message parlor
>people never show up or show up or quickly leave
>company can't screen the calls and have a human policy because it isn't announced
>company can't stay in business because of the fake appointments
>company can't sue since google will deflect to the users not checking their calendar
>kitomi will be deported
>I will be alone forever

just imagine if this tech is implemented into real dolls

I would buy one!

>annoying cold calls with human like sounding recording that responds stop suddenly

>google announces duplex

Attached: macfag.png (217x233, 5K)

It takes away the female dominance in social fields and gets rid of a vast majority of their jobs (taking calls, bank tellers, etc). This is why they're so upset over its existence.

this is the smartest comment in this gay thread

>10 Pee Emmmmm...
Interesting how the AI has trouble with saying "M".