/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with

Attached: agXLQ3W_460s.jpg (460x971, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.cnet.com/Lazesoft-Recovery-Suite-Home/3000-2242_4-75749925.html
newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P3_3820064-_-05152018&Index=3
jsfiddle.net/zvhbn6jk/
forums.kali.org/showthread.php?26486-Enable-monitor-mode-in-Kali-Linux-2
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are espresso makers technology? I have a $500 budget, what do you recommend?

Just found my old laptop, thought about having some fun with it. Can I use it with aircrack-ng to crack wifi networks or are standard laptop wifi cards unable to do that?

Are there any text application launchers for GNU/Linux? By text launcher, I mean a terminal line where you can just type the name of a program and open it the same way you would from an actual terminal, except it doesn't keep a terminal window open, it just opens the program. Awesome had this, but I'm using OpenBox now and can't find any packages that do this.

If a job application is asking for work samples and I don't really have anything worth showing should I just not even bother to apply? How badly would it reflect on me to not have anything?

I created the bootable W10 flash drive, but this fucking thing still won't boot correctly into the drive. What am I doing wrong? It boots back up again into the Acer logo with no loading dots.

Attached: JPEG_20180514_234956.jpg (2576x1932, 1000K)

Dude, enable the boot menu then select the usb during boot.

Pretty bad. Build your portfolio. There is no getting around that. I was in your position and learned that the hard way. Of course I just dropped it and switched to engineering, but you know.

How does one download large files from MEGA on a desktop without being forced to install their add ons and shit?

I need advice please

why in firefox 60, language packages are not signed?

Attached: Pantallazo-2018-05-14_22-35-48.png (1366x768, 230K)

What's the best way to do that? Just make random shit that I can show off?

Yeah, pretty much. And remember, the people who will be doing the hiring just want to see shiny stuff that looks cool.

how do I get zork to run on windows 10 bros

Is Ruby basically Python for hipsters?

Is it possible to crack into an Windows 10 Local account?
I've already managed to create another admin account and gain access to the PC but looking to login as them without changing there password.

Can anyone recommend a free keylogger which can be hidden?

How complicated should the stuff be you think? Like are relatively trivial apps okay as long as it shows off some basic skillset, or will I just look lazy or w/e? Is showing off stuff I made for university ok, or is that bad?

Plenty of ways with changing/removing the password, but not without.

So no way of even just removing the password without nothing else happening?
Windows said it would remove all encrypted files and log out of all sessions for programs if I changed the password, which isn't viable because I need all those logins.
Didn't know Windows upped there security game so well.

>remove all encrypted files
That's not really a thing on most installs, unless you really go out of your way to set it up. They're just giving you the standard warning.

Just blank the password and get on with it.

download.cnet.com/Lazesoft-Recovery-Suite-Home/3000-2242_4-75749925.html

Not really caring about the encrypted files part.
friend of mine's brother passed away so he wants to get into his PC.
He doesn't wanna lose access to anything logged in, let's say, email for example.

A small-ish website has robots.txt block all bots due to spam problems. Archive.org respects robots.txt. How can I archive the site on archive.org? (It has been done before, I think manually)
I think there are a bunch of FOSS crawler programs, but how do you get archive.org to accept an archive?

Just make your own in AHK or python. Or search github for educational ones.

I doubt you would, but also what choice do you have?

It's not like they're going to go in and fuck with firefox cookies and shit. I doubt they even do that on IE. Maybe if it's like a windows store app, but then it wouldn't be a "local" account in the first place, and you probably couldn't bypass the password at all.

I don't know shit, but I think there are ways to get the password hash, then you can attempt to crack it with hashcat or something. Would it be a weak password?

Mine can. It depends.

If you are admin, don't you have access to it all?

Yeah that's true. If all else fails we have no other option I guess.

Yeah I might have a look into that, Pretty sure it's a weak password, wasn't protecting anything shady so I can't imagine it being super long.

I do have access to all files, so I'm backing them up now as we speak, but I'm trying to get access to the person's email, other account etc. Which windows said might get logged out of, they arn't 100% clear on that.

How does AMD's raidable/raid ready option work?
I've only got the one hard drive right now. If I understand correctly, could I set it to raidable and then convert that into a full blown raid0 later down the line when I get a second identical drive?

Attached: mannequin-head.jpg (300x399, 18K)

how do i navigate python documentation.
a lot of times i just want to know

I have an Iphone 7 that I wish to Jailbreak.

I'm on 10.3.1, should I update to 11? Is there a Jailbreak for my firmware/the latest firmware? Wat do?

Rofi, dmenu I guess you're looking for

I want to repurpose my old phone as a security camera but i have 2 issues with it.
>Big portions of the screen dont take input
>its running Android 2.3.5 and non-rooted

How can i root it or install a webcam over wifi .apk without needing to use the screen much?

yeah but only pay 1/3 of msrp

should I upgrade to a gtx 1080 (as I only play in 1080p but on three monitors, one of them being ultra wide)
or do I upgrade to a i7-7700k

>nb4 you cant over clock on that MOBO
what is futureproofing so i dont have to buy more shit later

Attached: speccy.png (434x394, 19K)

me again

or do I get a new keyboard?

if you only have a quad core with no HT (ie 4 threads) definitely upgrade your CPU to something with 8 threads or more if you run multiple screens as chances are you have a heap of shit open

alright thanks
so cpu first than gpu than keyboard

>i just want to know
what a function does, what it returns, what errors it might raise, etc. but when i search the docs there are a ton of similarly named items and it takes a while to find what i want.

newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P3_3820064-_-05152018&Index=3

Kind of want it
what does Jow Forums think?

why i can't record 60fps video with galaxy note 4, is it even possible?

Attached: Susie4.png (387x467, 139K)

can one please nutshell this for me:

what is a framework? (.Net, django, etc...)

what is it?
why do i want one?
what makes one better than another?
how to pick one?

Attached: programmer.jpg (604x340, 24K)

bandwidth between the sensor and the media to be written to.
1080@60fps or 4k@30fps

admin does NOT equal root

Currently applying for a job that uses kotlin, they say they'll train me but does anyone here know of any good resources aside from the official docs so I can get a head start?
Also, I've heard the language is like a better, more functional version of Java- does it live up to the hype?

Attached: C_planets.png (1008x197, 150K)

i'm sure google can help you

according to spec it's possible
but i can't seek option to do that in camera

yeah. try it yourself and you'll see there's a shit tone of stuff about frameworks. but nothing that really explains what it is without using terms that only people who create frameworks understand.

>after latest updates, win 7 pro suddenly isn't legit anymore and lost it's activation
>used a fresh install media straight from microsoft
>cheap ''''"""legit'''''"" oem key from seemingly trust worthy online seller with lots of positive feedback
>worked fine for months

this happen to anyone else just now?

yeah almost everything in programming is written as if the reader already knows everything about programming.

there's pretty much zero to help noobs understand.

i can access torrentleech on my phone just fine but not on my computer
what do

if i disable the webcam on my laptop in the bios is it basically the same as putting on tape to cover it?

no.
it is still hackable.
either remove the camera or its sensor, or cut the connectors, or tape lead plate over the lens.

Babbys guide for becoming more private? I already don't use social media, use an encrypted email service.

The problem is everything else.

Online banking, online food delivery service, online purchases, google maps and GPS services etc etc.

What do?

What's your favorite PDF reader/editor on PC and/or Loonix? I've been using Foxit Reader but it feels a bit unpolished and lackluster, it doesn't even give you the ability to see all your highlights and comments in a list, I had to download Adobe Reader to be able to do it.

It's possible to detach an application window from the terminal that opened it. Just type an apersand(&) at the end of the command and close the terminal
$ programm-name &

that just makes it a background task, you also need to `disown` it
also, you can press ctrl+z to stop a foreground task, dropping you back to a shell. from there you can use job control commands like fg (foreground resume), bg (background resume). you can have multiple jobs running at once, though these days most people prefer to use modern solutions like tmux for that

Just don't.
>B-but my cappucino and latte
Don't mix coffee wit milk. Ever.

Attached: kawiarka-aluminiowa-cisnieniowa-gat-pepita---kafetiera-na-12-filzanek-espresso_1.jpg (597x597, 73K)

Who gives a fuck how people drink their coffee. Neck yourself cunt.

>started learning first language at 18
am i too late?

Attached: B02DEAA0-E738-4E51-9460-E7938A05BC53.jpg (747x686, 89K)

Search for hooker.exe
>PC and/or Loonix?
Wut?

23 and don't know how to programme or use Linux at all. I just come here out of pure interest.

No, but since you're a frogposting retard, your chances are zero.

People that are forced to share toilet with those milky-coffee diarrhea leaking faggots.

Black coffee gives people the shits too you dumb cunt.

nope.
some people's bowels are caffeine sensitive.
(usually those who don't drink much coffee very often)
a lot of people drink a lot of coffee. like myself. 2-8 cups a day. only shit 1-3 times per week.

* @param {string} email
* @param {string} password
* @returns {{types: *[], promise: *}}
*/

What is this documentation standard? What's its name? What is it used for? What are the other options, and which is the superior choice?

I have three harddrives: 1tb, 3tb, 4tb.
Is it possible to set up a RAID 1 where the data across the 4tb one is mirrored on the 1tb & 3tb ones?
Is it possible to do this without splitting the 4tb harddrive into 1tb & 3tb partitions?

Pic very much related.

Attached: RAID.png (500x680, 54K)

JSDoc

You probably can. I imagine it depends on what filesystem or RAID technology you're using.

i've a xiaomi redmi note 4 with MIUI and whenever somebody calls me the ringtone will only go for 10 secods. after that, for some reason, the phone will just end the call, which more often than not is not near enough time for me to pick up. i tried different tones with different lengths (25 seconds, a minute) and no matter what the phone will end the call 10s after starting to ring. i couldn't find any settings related to this. for comparison, a friend's note 4 (we bought them at the same time) running lineageOS rings for close to 30 seconds, and then the phone ends the call as well.

any idea how I can prevent this behaviour and let it ring for as long as the caller is willing to wait?

Attached: 8252016103332AM_635_xiaomi_redmi_note_4[1].jpg (635x476, 27K)

call your voicemail and play with the settings there.

thanks, i found a fix. i called ##002# and that disabled call divert, now the ringtone goes on forever.

The bigger question is WHY? If you're that tapped for drives, there's no way you've got double redundancy yet, so you're effectively LOSING reliability.

I have to generate a basic HTML table only using JS array, loop, onclick function and innerHTML:
You enter 4 values in input fields, press save, a row appears in the table with entered values
jsfiddle.net/zvhbn6jk/
innerHTML keeps automatically closing my tags and I get one never ending column instead of rows. How can I do it? I've jewgled so much I can't do it no matter what. I know I'm retarded. Please

I want to have some movies and TV Series on my smartphone. I want to rip them 720p, but what settings, program, etc, should I use so they don't look like shit?

And where can I learn more about this?

Why does WireShark only show me my own traffic (from/to my own host) and not that of other hosts on the network?
I'm using WPA and got the passphrase right

You have to set your card in promiscuous mode. How? It depends

I've got it checked in wireshark and it shows as enabled in adapters, do I need to configure other things? Wiki doesnt help me much

I wouldn't. A good rip takes time and rig power. And you're probably starting with something that's already been trimmed down, so it's going to look even worse because you're not starting with a proper source.

A card is programmed to pass to the CPU (and therefore, to the OS) only the packages that it wants. That doesn't mean that it isn't receiving those pacakages, it means that the NIC (Network Interface Controller) is ignoring them.

You have to run wireshark as root
forums.kali.org/showthread.php?26486-Enable-monitor-mode-in-Kali-Linux-2

I only want something that would look "fine" on 5" 720p screen

Can I use a Ryzen 2600X on a X370 board?

Darker roats(columbian, italian) cause less intestinal discomforts due to more of a chemical(NMP) in them that eases the stomach, compared to lighter roasts

formatfactory by pcfreetime

No it is not, that is not how raid works.
>raid 1
This is a giant meme and you dont even need it

Two questions related to this. Where can I find a good win10 torrent, and do I just put the ISO on a flash drive to be able to boot from it?

Attached: BmaBlC0.png (706x900, 194K)

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Don't know where else to ask, I've accepted into the discord beta for android, and since then half of my apps on the Mi A1 have been crashing as soon as I launch them, including steam, discord stable, twitter, and probably some others. I've tried reinstalling discord and steam multiple times, which doesn't seem to help, but it helped with the Google search app. Gonna write discord help and see if they can provide any answers, but does anyone know what might fix this without resetting the phone?

Attached: Screenshot_20171217-053638.png (1080x1920, 1.84M)

Can a bad bearing on the CPU fan cause random system shutdowns even if the CPU itself is perfectly cool? I'm having the weirdest sort of shutdown problems right now.

So. I'm guessing I have some sort of miner on my hands here? Or did they do something different with 8.1?

Attached: Oh dear.png (1607x489, 97K)

Can anybody recommend me a borderless, windowed videoplayer for windows? so that you see just the video and nothing else.

What laptop should I get secondhand for mobile solidworks, matlab, and blender? Is a discrete gpu necessary? Is 8 GB ram enough, i won't be doing things with huge (10^9 integer) matrices or anything

Thank you for giving me the exact answer I was looking for

mpv

if your pc has some sort of detection that your cpu cooler fan stops working and shuts down to prevent damage perhaps? Not sure if something like that exists

You might be able to raid 0 the 1 and 3 together to get 4, then raid 1 those together

MPC-HC
Remove all UI elements with keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl-2, Ctrl-5, Ctrl-0, Ctrl-0, Ctrl-0

yes