/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on other youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM, Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming WITH/WITHOUT a graphics card (Low end)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale & closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPU (Mid range)
>i7-8700k - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>TR 1950X/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (HEDT)
Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost2 offsets to overclock Ryzen2000X series!

RAM
>8GB - enough for glorified gaming use
>16GB - for heavy PC use
>32GB+ - if you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933-3200 MHz is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
>There have been good sales on AMD graphic cards lately in the US. Look for them
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps in newer games & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
>Titan V OC

Storage
>Optane is good with StoreMi on Ryzen; not good on Intel
>240GB minimum for a storage drive
>2TB HDD are barely more $ than 1TB
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider getting a larger SSD, instead of small SSD & large HDD; add HDD later when needed

General
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 7ddLGeh.jpg (1280x974, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=a&q=windows 10 iso
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
pcpartpicker.com/list/7fHjZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/mRcrD2
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zx7Bjy
relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/1
youtube.com/watch?v=5WDxh4UiW_I
pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb
pcpartpicker.com/list/Mt9Y9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/pFYY9J
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone know where i can download a fresh version of windows 10 ISO?
In need to sell my laptop and it has linux on it.

Cheers!

Attached: 1493347227861.png (1280x1600, 1.02M)

lmgtfy.com/?s=a&q=windows 10 iso

realistically, what kind of fps am i looking at if i pair an ultrawide 1080p 120+hz monitor with a gtx 1070 and play at ~high settings?

1070 is like 30% more perf than a 1060 6gb. Ultrawide 2560x1080 or whatever is also about 30% more pixels than 1080p.
On average, at least the performance a 1060 6GB gets at 1080p. Should generally be better just because of how those things scale.

I wouldn't recommend it, though. 1080 vertical lines just isn't very many.

1070 is 50% better than a 1060 6gb, even moreso when overclocked

GB of RAM costs as much as a 2600X
This reminds me
>Don't buy intel for games, instead buy ryzen and then boost it's performance with high performance RAM!
>And next year you can buy a new cpu because you aren't locked out of upgrading like with the intel jews!
>Okay how about I just buy 8700k for gaming with relatively much cheaper RAM and use it for 5+ years without running into bottlenecks?
>sutterfest, noting buying a cpu every year, enjoy your jew cum goy!

I've always just left my computer on the floor (carpet). Should I move it on top of my desk, or get some type of mat to put under it?

as long as the psu fan isn't right on the carpet ir's fine. mine is also under my desk on carpet but i just cut out a square from an amazon carboard box and put it underneath where the fan is on the ground so it's raised up a little and can blow out heat better.

>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 47K)

No it's not. Holy shit. How can you be that off the mark or just delusional?
The 1080 is about 55% above the 1060 6GB. The 1070 is not 5% below the 1080 lmfao. Maybe you're confusing the 1070 with the 1080.

The 1070's compute performance may be about 41% higher than the 1060s, but that rarely translates to a 41% performance increase.

Find me a monitor with
Non pwm dimming (CCR)
80+ Hz refresh rate
Accurate colors
2 ms~ response time
High DPI
22"+
Passable viewing angles
Non meme aspect ratio
Bonus round: not expensive

Where in gods name can I get a BWG13 - Dark Base Pro 900 White

How do I connect multiple fans?

Can you connect 5 fans to the same header?

Good morning gents

I have an i7 3770 + 16gb DDR3 RAM + motherboard GA-Z77M-D3H.

Before I had a nice 2560x1080 29 monitor and almost all games ran quite fine with mostly always 70fps+

But my brother gave me that Asus Rog Swift Pg348q Ultra-wide 100hz monitor., problem was that I had a superclocked EVGA nvidia gtx1060 that I recently sold, and it strugled to get 70 fps, the real problem was stuttering in some games like pubg (friends gave to me, and it's a god way to make $ on steam to get other games).

Was looking for a new vga, first I though about getting the 1070, then I realized it was better to save a bit more and get a 1080, but then I saw how powerful the 1080t seems to be. Thing is my power supply is that Corsair TX550 gold, with a 1080ti i'd probably be safer using a stronger power suply right?

But using a resolution of 3440x1440 in gaming doing 100fps+ and no stuttering, even with lower graphics like shadows in low, lower textures, but with high res and anti aliasing, will a 1080 be good enough to get 100 fps?

Should I wait for thr upcoming 1170?

Thanks for any upcoming answers!

I'm looking for about a 10TB+ external drive, I heard I could look into drives sold as externals, or normal internal drives and then just get a case to put it in.
What're my best options for a reliable product at the best price?

Any improvements? As I stated in the previous thread I won't be upgrading my old gpu at this time.

pcpartpicker.com/list/7fHjZR

Have 6 fans on single header. I'm using Arctic Cooling pwm because they already have connectors build in so you can easily chain them.

Does ryzen+ StoreMi work on windows 7?

550watt is generally enough for a 1080ti or Vega64 as long as you don't overclock anything.
Total system power consumption should still be under 400.

Looks fine except
>only 250gb SSD
>constantly having to move install locations around to fit what you use on there

WD Red.

Which GPU would you go for ? Only looking to spend about $200

Attached: Untitled.jpg (462x381, 123K)

is that Aus or what?
Looks like the Sapphire Pulse RX560 is the best buy by far if it's the full 1024 stream processors.

730 and 710 are much too slow. You should be looking at a 750 or 1030 as minimum.

Alright cool I'll do some more research into the 560. I was thinking of going for the Galax OC 1050. Yeah these are aus prices.

Phanteks Eclipse P400s or Be Quiet! Pure Base 600?

Looking for something which runs quiet but also has a nice aesthetic as a table top case. Both of these seem to provide the best bang for buck silent operation and aesthetic combination for around £75/80 (UK pounds). I'm leaning towards the Phanteks simply because it has a PSU shroud and also comes in a nicer set of colours with RGB meme lighting as a basically free extra. The Be Quiet! is really, really quiet though.
Also taking any other recommendations up to around £80.

is a 650Ti for $30 a good deal?

Attached: bear-cat.jpg (1639x2048, 1.49M)

Usually the (full 1024 stream processors) RX560 performs slightly worse (stock) than a 1050 on the worst end, but matches the 1050Ti in DX12, Vulkan, and some newer games, so it's the much better value if it's similar price to the 1050.
Also you can overclock it more for more value.
And the whole 4GB VRAM instead of 2GB.

1050Ti is probably the second best value option on that last for the price. 35% more money... actually comparably to that, the Strix 4GB RX570 actually seems to be the best value. 50% more money than the 1050Ti, but 40-100% higher fps depending on the game.

For non-gaming, yeah it's okay.

Yes, performance should be comparable to be between stock GT 1030 and GTX 1050 in performance.

>Non pwm dimming
is that even possible?

>For non-gaming, yeah it's okay.

i game but i dont play FPS's

What kind of monitors are easiest on the eyes? I’m looking for something to use at work, so all features related to gaymen are irrelevant.
Is something like "BenQ GW2270HM 'Eye-Care'" actually extraordinary easy on the eyes just because it says so in the name? What do I look for?

Thanks for the gpu info

lol no. It's a bit worse than 1030 perf but higher power.
1030 is very similar to 750 perf. 650ti is below 750 perf.

OLED, IPS, then VA iirc.

>kid contacts me regarding a PC i put up for sale
>realise i put a price way too low for what im selling
>tell him the PSU is not included

is this a fair price?
> M5A97 + FX-8350 CPU (lets face it nobody wants these)
>Nvidia GTX 970: roughly 180€ on ebay
>Asus Vento A8 case: say 20€
>Hyper TX3 CPU cooler: 15€ or so ?
>Western Digital 4TB HDD: about 80€
>All for for 300€

>>Western Digital 4TB HDD: about 80€
Is it new ?
MSRP is slightly over 100€. WD Blue 4TB are often "on sale" for 90€ over here.

I would go for a 750 or 850W PSU
I think so? The FAQ only says Windows in general, so I think you're in the clear
Your room lighting probably matters more than your monitor
Yes, that sounds fair

Attached: __yazawa_nico_love_live_and_love_live_school_idol_project_drawn_by_yohan1754__d3bca4e919e7310f74d400 (1219x2268, 139K)

not new. its been used for about 3-4 years.

Just send in my R9 390 after it died out of nowhere. Lasted only 2 years, shame since it was pretty good except for the power it ate. They will supposedly send me a successor card since they don't have them anymore. So what exactly would be considered a successor? The RX 480/580?

Good price then.

>I think so? The FAQ only says Windows in general, so I think you're in the clear
I remember it specifically mentioning windows 10 and said nothing about windows 7.

Attached: rec.jpg (747x128, 52K)

Well in that case you should use 10 or don't use it at all

Not going to use win 10.

I own the exact same monitor, it's perfectly adequate and less strenuous on my eyes than older monitors I had (though that can be said for most newer monitors with any semblance of quality I suppose). It's all up to you and your use case, as well as personal preference. With these kinds of things it's probably better to go to a store and have a look yourself, since I do find certain monitors to be far more strenuous to look at.

Yes. Should be either an RX480 or 580.
Or since it's a non-X, I guess it could end up being a 570 but I wouldn't accept that unless it's a highest end OC model and your 390 was a low end model.

My 390 died as well after 8 months and nothing from AMD looked good so I got a 1070 as a replacement. This was shortly after the 1070 released and there was no vega 56 or anything. Really good gpu though, would recommend if you want to upgrade to something way faster than the 390.

To add to this, I think for your use case, unless you're doing color-sensitive work, the BenQ is probably the best fit for the office. It's a VA monitor, so it has a high contrast, meaning the black text on documents looks really black and not washed out or gray. It's got better color reproduction than regular TN panels too. Both cheaper TN and IPS displays tend to look pretty washed out compared to cheap VA panels like the BenQ.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

pcpartpicker.com/list/mRcrD2

How much overclocking do you plan to do? The cooler that comes with the 2700X is good enough for a reasonable overclock.

I was searching rumors for the next gpu launch cycles.
Then I I got it. I realized that they will only launch exactly one week after I stop waiting, cave in and get a 2 year old "new" gpu.

What are you trying to tell me? That the stock cooler is better than the hyper 212 evo I have?
As for your question as far as I know for ryzen the precision boost 2 is good enough in terms of getting an efficient OC and it's really about keeping the CPU cool so it doesn't throttle and lasts longer with lower temps.

The 970 was 180 eurobucks bucks during the mining boom. Depending on how used it is and which model I wouldn't pay more than 160 for it. At 180 I could probably find a used reference 980 that could actually use all its fucking vram.
That motherboard is crap and if you've been doing any sort of overclocking on it on that powerhungry motherfucker of a processor I wouldn't pay over 40 bucks for it. And seeing as I can buy an 8350 brand new for 100 euros and you've probably overclocked yours I'd pay 60 bucks max. So 100 for that bundle. Plus 150 assuming your 970 was never overclocked and was a decent model that's 250 for the core components. Used cooler price seems okay, it's not like those degrade. I can buy a better case than that for 20 bucks on ebay so 10 bucks at most. But with that HDD included, assuming it's at least a Blue and a newer model, even though I don't trust used hard drives that would be a good price for it. But it's probably at least three years old, which is half its lifetime gone, so no I wouldn't pay more than 40 eurobucks.
So that's 100 and 150 and 40 and 15 and 10 which comes up to 315 bucks. A 5% discount for an entire bundle is pretty shit, so personally I would at least throw a 4GB stick of RAM in there for the poor kid, but I can't call it a rip-off either way so whatever.

you can easily find comparisons between the first iteration of ryzen coolers vs the (various) hyper 212, specifically. tl;dr the wraith came out slightly ahead or on par. You can find those either on youtube or written articles.

Pic related. The Wraith Prism cooler is slightly better or almost equal to the Wraith Max cooler, and the Cryorig H7 is better performing than the 212. It's not a huge difference, but if you really are very conscious about cooling, get a better cooler to make the upgrade from the Wraith Prism worth it.

Attached: wraithspiremax.png (1067x801, 62K)

Depending on how used it is yeah, certainly. With an overclock it can keep up with a 750 since it has the exact same amount of CUDA as a 750ti. Certainly better than the craptastic 1030, which has less than half the CUDA and rarely overclocks well. 650ti does get hampered by drivers more than the 750 but at that price yeah I'd go for it.

Well i had a Sapphire Nitro that was OC'd out the box so i guess it was a high end model. The 480 looks like it would be a bit weaker than my 390 from what i've seen.
The 1070 looks great but it's far too expensive where i live. It costs almost twice as much as my 390 when i bought it. At that point i would be better off buying a 1080 instead for a bit more but like i said far too expensive for me.

Look I already have the hyper evo 212 cooler. So if the wraith prism is better at it's job I'll use that. So which is it?

Guys, I'm getting a Ryzen Apu, I can't remember the name, but not the entry one...
So, I my motherboard will include a x470 chipset, since those are made for the 2nd gen, will I gain improvements or it's like a foresight in the future of 2nd gen apus?

And, is 3200ghz ram frequency enough?

feedback please
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zx7Bjy

no i haven't ever done any overclocking because i know the motherboard is absolute garbage.
I tried 2 or 3 times but its impossible with this mobo. the VRMs barely support 8 core processors. I've used this CPU with turbo boost disabled just to get more stability in fact.

also you're not counting the 4TB hard drive at all
and the kid told me he doesnt want any RAM, otherwise i would've included an 8GB stick for 80€ more

First you'll need to set up your internet.
Eell, before that you'll need a computer first, be warned they can get very expensive.
Then, contact your prefered ISP provider and have them hook up your connection.
After that, go to a site named google. They're iffy but, well, they get the job done. Then, enter the search terms you're looking for.
It 's quite effortless, there are many steps involved but it's not as daunting as it sounds.
Being online sure is awesome. One day you'll experience it, I'm sure.

It'll be about the same really:
relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/1
The Wraith coolers are quieter.

Yes, Nitro are the high end models for Sapphire.
A Nitro 480 would BIOS flash to a 580 fine and outperform any 390.

X470 offers nothing over b350 for the APUs. Just a better board for a future CPU upgrade.
Oh and you get StoreMi license for free with 400 series boards but not 300 series.
>3200ghz ram frequency enough?
Yes. 3466 will definitely help if you have a 2400G instead of 2200G... but it's hard to get 3466MHz RAM running on those APUs.

Just get like a $45-$60 cooler. 220W TDP cooling from the meme cooler is fucking overkill.
>1060 3gb
nigga what.
>$600 monitor because of Gsync idiot tax
Hell, you could almost get Vega64 and Freesync for the price difference of that monitor.
Get the RX570 4GB for $10 more. It's vastly superior. Save hundreds on the monitor. I don't understand why the hell this has to be pointed out to you. It should just be immediately obvious to anyone who looks at what they intend to buy.

Wraith prism is 1-2 degrees hotter and 1-2db quieter. So really I can use either one without a big difference.

Yep, I just thought that you were still gonna buy it, I personally prefer the cleaner look of the Wraith coolers, so it's really up to you.

wasabi mango is such a cool name.
kinda want it for the name itself.

>Yep, I just thought that you were still gonna buy it,
I specifically put "purchased" next to the items I already own.

I'm a brainlet phoneposter, my apologies.

Agree

Why are fans so expensive? I was looking at some silent 140mm from noctua and they're $25 each.

So that motherbard is THAT bad? Well then its price stands. But since it ain't overclocked I would be willing to pay 70 for that 8350, so that's a bump of 10 bucks. And yes, I did count your hard drive, smartass. I said 40 if it's older than 3 years. How old is it and what model was it? If it's newer than that then yeah 60-80 is a good price. But keep in mind that when people buy an entire bundle from you they do expect a discount. With the prices I quoted, 300 means a 5% discount which is rather low. Assuming your hard drive is indeed still worth 80 and with the bump in price for the 8350 running below turboboost specification, 300 euros is a 65 euro discount., about 22%, which is decent.

Check fractal design define r6, too.

*motherboard
Also my math is a bit fucked. It's more like a 4.75% and a 17.8% discount respectively.

Alright... im trying to look in several stores, im not sure in wich one i bought it
alright i found it in ebay, i apparently bought it in August 2017 for 102€! but it might have been second hand

Attached: 20180515_154825.jpg (1600x1200, 1.07M)

You can buy good quality fans for 12$ or less, it doesn't have to be the noctua you know. Also pretty sure you can get cheaper noctuas too.

1060 can't push even 1440p 60 fps. Get a 1070/1080 or if you want to stick with the 1060 get a 1080p monitor like the benq xl2411

That starts at £105

I have a non-modular corsair 750w PSU from 2011, a TX750. It seems to be working just fine but I would really like a modular PSU.
Should I replace it at all and if I do whats the best PSU I can get for $100?

>not cooling your PC with 3M Novec 7100
>vaporizes at 61°C
>cools down and condensates at the ceiling again

youtube.com/watch?v=5WDxh4UiW_I

Attached: image.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Wow, that's retarded.

So any more comments on this? I should add that I plan mostly to game on this build at 144hrz 1080p, no streaming, some light multitasking. Would it be foolish not to go 8700k in that case?
Any parts that seem out of place in the over all build? Everything should work on windows 7 just fine with some USB drivers embedded into the installer, right?

Hey, looking for a new monitor, but not looking to BREAK the bank. Do you have any suggestions for some higher resolution monitors? Maybe Ultrawide? What are some things to look out for?

You could upgrade the RAM. 3200mhz CL14 or 3600 CL16 is what you're looking for.
>Would it be foolish not to go 8700k in that case?
It is slightly better for vidya, but is it worth buying a more expensive cooler for it and delid the cpu ?
Otherwise you good to go.

Why do results for ~$45-$50 air coolers vary so wildly? In some benchmarks the scythe mugen 5 rev B is almost as good as the noctua nh15 while in others it falls behind by almost 6C. Same thing with with arctic freezer 33 esports edition, some benchmarks it beats the scythe by a few degrees but in others it seems to perform significantly worse.

Attached: 25de497.jpg (1080x998, 70K)

ambient temp of the room they were testing was probably different?

Because it's all about what fan speed was used in the particular test.

>You could upgrade the RAM. 3200mhz CL14 or 3600 CL16 is what you're looking for.
Yeah but it's quite pricey with questionable gains, unless you go with ram overclocking with ultra tight timings on samsung B die and frankly its easier and cheaper to get 8700k to get better performance gains.

>It is slightly better for vidya, but is it worth buying a more expensive cooler for it and delid the cpu ?
Already have a hyper 212 evo, which is 1-2deg better than AMD wraith prism. So essentially I have the cooler option handled regardless, the only question is just how much do I want the temps to drop or how much I want to OC.

If I would get the 8700k, I would just used it stock for a while, and I think it wont thermal throttle down with the 212 hyper evo. Later on as I need more performance or have more money to burn, I can get a better cooler, or delid and use liquid metal, to get the absolute best cooling performance on the market and thus being able to OC better and get more performance if I need it in a year or two.

>It is slightly better for vidya
Considering that vidya is 90% of where I need better performance and that I actually highly prefer high, stable, framerate to the point where I will turn down graphics if needed. It might be more worth it.
I mean it feels like it would be really stupid to be bottle necked by a cpu, when you just upgraded to avoid exactly that problem.
What do you think?

holy fuck that guy's forehead

Great, maybe get a Focus Plus Platinum 750W and this cheaper kit

Is ASUS Prime B350-Plus good enough for R5 1600X if I don't OC?

You mean
>SeaSonic Focus Plus 750 Platinum
which is 131 euros for me
over
>Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
which is 139 euros
So other than saving 8 euros, why one over the other?

whats the /pcbg/ go to fans? I'm in dire need of 4 in hopes of beating the summer heat.

I bought a GTX 1080 8GB superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0, are the gains over a 1070 appreciable?

Attached: awoo2.png (683x418, 139K)

I'd get this for a bit more, if you want a cooler get the NH-U12 SE-AM4
pcpartpicker.com/list/Mt9Y9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/pFYY9J

why would you ask that after buying the thing?

probably suffering from buyer's remorse

gddr6 gpus when?

Pull the trigger for my B350 and Ryzen2600?

Nah, I just wanted to know.

nobody knows, Nvidia is making a ton of cash selling pascal chips still, could be as early as August, could be as late as early 2019.

somehow Nvidia are keeping a tight lid on their next GPUs

Looks good

SeaSonic is better