This week in cucknome DE

This week in cucknome DE

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/commit/3a22ed5b8e3bbc1c59ff3069ee79755168754916

>Now that the desktop is long gone, launching binaries and desktop files from within Nautilus is not as useful. Not only that, but we are moving towards a more sandboxed system, and we should use the standard and system wide support for launching apps based on users choices.

>We also are not able to be secure enough to handle this, as we saw in the past we allowed untrusted binaries to be launched, and therefore we had a CVE (CVE-2017-14604) for Nautilus. We are not being audited (afaik) and we are not in a position that we can let this issues slip.

>With that altogether, this prevents launching binaries or programs from Nautilus.

Attached: 1526360846326.jpg (1000x1243, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maxxinteractive.com/site/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How innovative!!!!!111

the foot strikes again

Checkmate, Hackers!

This thread is cancer.

Attached: hazmat.jpg (300x200, 9K)

t. gnometoddler

They will probably axe nautilus next.

It's actually possible. Built some of it functionality into activities and say that user don't need more anyway.

>Why navigate to your photos when Shotwell is perfectly fine, just import them
>Your music is available in lollypop, no need to view them on disk
>Your browser has a downloads manager, just open your latest files from there lol
>We have an AppStoreā„¢, no need to compile source or install binaries

The apotheosis of GNOME will be a shiny, polished ui, but you will only have the option to open your browser (opendesktop.org set as home) and image/music/video icons on full screen. Adding more icons will of course require plugins. Just like the iPhone screen, you won't be able to remove them.

Enjoy the foot.

why are people even using gnome?
it lacks very basic features
>desktop icons
this is a must for any productive user
>window list
what programs am I running?
how do I switch between them fast?
>landing screen (desktop) is empty, only a wallpaper. To do anything you need to click on the top left corner
are gnome devs retarded?

This can't be fucking real, they are destroying even more the DE, what the hell

Running a binary from a filemanager has always been odd in any DE for as long as i can remember. is teh execution flag set? is it an actual binary or some shell script or interpreted language? Is it meant to have a console attached?

I never understood why. I get that free floating binaries strewn about the filesystem is not "The unix way" but this seems like people are mad about the users having access to the filesystem, and god dam do i hate any OS that does that.

>>desktop icons
>this is a must for any productive user
good joke

>but this seems like people are mad about the users having access to the filesystem, and god dam do i hate any OS that does that.
stop baiting retard

I installed it once just to see how themes look
>Clicking on the activities menu opens up a fuckhuge menu with massive icons and a dock on the side (this uses approx. all of your CPU for a second)
>pc hangs for a sec
>search results are modified live as you type (this is normal but it doesn't help that they decided they would render 128px svg icons every time the results change
>nautilus allows only 2 views
>nautilus doesn't allow you to set single click activation
>nautilus doesn't display folders before images by default
>surprisingly it doesn't let you change it
>preference menus in GNOME have less items than context menus in notepad
>to do any kind of modification you need tweak tools
>You don't need try icons

This are a few of the issues I had funning GNOME for 15 minutes. Logged out, removed any semblance from GNOME shell from my system. Using XFCE on debian stable and don't give a fuck. Only GNOME devs are so incompetent that a DE that hasn't been updated in 2+ years is "ADDING" more features than their dumpsterfire LMAO

>qt deliver us from this misrery

in the desktop UI paradigm, on the DESK-TOP, you files of the project you're currently working on. at least i do. it's not there for 4k anymayo pedo wallpapers.

>implying that cuck has the grip strength to crush the controllers

Not him, but I couldn't care less about desktop icons.
I'm in an application window 99% of the time, and the easiest way to get to the desktop is some kinda shortcut to move all the windows away to see the desktop, which could easily just be a shortcut to bring up my home folder, which is what i do.

>remove hand from keyboard
>grab mouse
>navigate to desktop
>click on shortcut
>productive

If you can't navigate it with your keyboard, it's for normies.

>not using a DE that cares about its users
maxxinteractive.com/site/

Attached: _.jpg (852x480, 49K)