Best Desktop Distro

sup Jow Forumsoys. finally have time to convert to linux from winblows. which is the best distro for desktop?
>inb4 install openbsd
>inb4 install gentoo
>inb4 install templeos

Attached: tux.png (220x261, 39K)

Desktop memes:
Fedora
Ubuntu
Mint
Antergos

Welcome aboard.

Anything Debian-based or Manjaro.

thanks for the suggestions. really want to try arch. is it good on desktop? and what do yall use personally?

Ubuntu Gnome 16.04
Stable, everything just werks, easy to troubleshoot as there's a fuckton of threads about it, looks alright
>Inb4 gnome
OP's coming from Windows, don't suggest i3 or broken garbage that is KDE. Once he's comfy with it, he might then pick another DE.

> Ubuntu Gnome 16.04
I'd rather recommend Ubuntu MATE 18.04 to him, since MATE is more Windows-like.

suggesting ubuntu was thoughtful coming from windows, thanks. but doesnt it have amazon botnet?

Kubuntu 18.04

Unity had the Amazon botnet. Currently there is some opt-out telemetry that goes to Canonical, but it's only regarding hardware, an installation report at first setup, and crash reports AFAIK. I wouldn't be too concerned, but he can read about it if he is.

you must be over 18 to go on this site sweetie

what prompted you to assume i was below the age of 18?

>thanks for the suggestions. really want to try arch. is it good on desktop? and what do yall use personally?

I use fedora. SE Linux can be a pain but it is usually is not for most activities.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1519104859831.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

you could disable the amazon botnet easily. just go into ubuntu settings

opensuse. depends on how fast you want to have updates tumbleweed (think of arch) or leap (think of debian). kde is the best de out there right now.

>try arch
You should get some linux experience before diving in the deep and trying Arch. If you want Arch but made noob friendly try either Manjaro or Antergos. I'm using Manjaro right now, pretty /comfy/. Also Manjaro is the number one distro on distrowatch if that means anything to you.

Just use the Linux subsytem for Windows 10

It allows you to do everything you would want on Linux, with the exception of adding tiling autism managers and other gay shit, but you still get the convenience and support of Windows. Linux is great for a lot of things, but not as a daily driver.

Lubuntu ftw

don't do this OP, this pajeet is shilling microdick for some ruppies

Attached: rajesh.jpg (960x960, 116K)

Not him but probably the fact that you're only considering Linux now and not 10 years ago already. Anyway, start with Ubuntu. Distrohopping is so easy that you don't have to keep Ubuntu forever if you want to switch. Make a separate /home partition and you don't even lose your stuff while changing. Have backups still, though.

>Implying GNU coreutils is the only point of linux.

Any of the *buntus will do the job, documentation everywhere, up to date packages, userfriendly and new software will likely have support for Ubuntu first than any other distro.

Since you have the time, I recommend trying out a bunch yourself either in a VM or booted from a usb stick. You're gonna get lots of recommendations here saying "Use x because thats what I use", so this is the least biased advice I can give you. There really is no "best" distro, only that which does what you want the way you want it to be done. And keep in mind desktop environments can be changed in any distro to look like any other, so try to avoid using visual aesthetics in your comparisons.

CloverOS

Operating systems are tools, i've used Windows for reverse engineering for years could easly go to Linux and do the same.

Ubuntu LTS, there are no credible alternatives for general use.

go balls deep and install arch and delete a random corefile so you learn it faster

>Linux is great for a lot of things, but not as a daily driver.
bait

Mint for beginners.
Debian stable for advanced.

Ubuntu. Don't listen to fags. Ever.

Go for ubuntu, fedora or debian at first as these aren't as easy to break and have more novice-friendly documentation. Arch doesn't often break often if you're cautious though, but as it's bleeding edge things might stop working until you fix it (bspwm changing some commands for windows management, requiring changes in your sxhkd config, for example)

So start with debian, ubuntu or something and get a bit used to man pages, command line, systemd and other shit, maybe play around with an arch system in a virtual machine and fuck up, then try to repair it.

Arch has gotta be one of the biggest memes, install debian.

Debian Testing
MX/antiX
Arch/Antergos
Manjaro
Mageia
Solus
DragonflyBSD (not linux, but its pretty good, my favourite of the BSDs)