Have you sent your job application yet?

have you sent your job application yet?

youtu.be/hX9MOVIMYkg

Attached: 1*[email protected] (229x256, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lul

Attached: 1525333363823.jpg (199x253, 8K)

That's a lot of employees.
Where do they get the money from?

selling personal data is a big business I'd imagine

There is no way in fuck that their nitro bullshit can even come close to paying for the server costs.

Forgot pic

Attached: 4aoepTm.png (798x757, 56K)

>Discord

Attached: 1500163984025.png (350x270, 98K)

of course it can't, paychecks from triple letter agencies can

But I don't like dicks

Attached: 1526400795942.gif (800x400, 40K)

This guy kind of sound like Linus

They're owned by Tencent, one of the largest Chinese advertising corporations. They probably have near-as-makes-no-difference infinite money.

Isn't Tencent like the Chinese version of Google?

more like dicksword

Kinda, but with more reach. They own lots of shit, kinda like Amazon.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent

Discord is without a doubt the most prolific piece of spyware in the world. It's so fucking blatant too, it's in the TOS, everything you transmit, they own, and you're transmitting all kinds of personal data. It scans your whole computer for programs and media so it can tell other users that you are running them. Who fucking knows what else it sends.

>Discord is a proprietary application
Nope.
>designed for gaming communities
Double nope.
>The Discord client is built on the Electron framework using web technologies
Triple nope.

How these shit companies get millions in funding is beyond me.

Been living under low-abstraction level rocks for a while. What’s the electron framework and why is it bad?

Would it be possible to make a "silent" client that doesn't send spyware information? After all it's just dumb http traffic or does Discord try to constantly confirm the right application is accessing it?

it's like all those shitty apps from the late 90s that consisted of no native coding and would just open a frame to display web content using internet explorer, except now people think it's somehow better because it uses chromium instead

Attached: 1523305439363.png (640x480, 19K)

It's a framework that allows for developers to make cross platform applications really easy, develop once, and it'll work on Linux windows Mac, flawlessly. The issue is that it is a browser basically, so each application using electron is basically running a new instance of chrome browser. They are super heavy, even for something tiny. Say if something small like irc chat, was made using electron, it'd use a few hundred megabytes of data and ram, for something that should be like 50mb tops. And it doesn't scale, so if you have two electron applications, they don't share the framework or libraries, so each electron application installs and runs the full framework, so having two electron applications open is having two browsers open and uses over a gig of ram combined.

How can they make money from this with GDPR?

>Discordians

Attached: 1238964782.png (512x468, 191K)

I have no college degree but I plan on applying for the custodian position if its available

Because maybe it's not using IE?

Ignoring the (((diversity))) shit and a couple of instances of autism, it's not a bad shill video. If they weren't a corrupt and evil corporation I might consider joining them.

they updated their privacy policies so that isnt an issue.

Thank you but no. Discord is such a steaming pile of shit.

Attached: 1476982559970.png (94x245, 56K)

Looks fucking awful.

Mods please nuke this shill board already. How could you let this happen? How much are they paying 4chin?

Mods don't exist

They sure as hell don't in Jow Forums.

So where the fuck is this shit?
>You can update certain information by accessing your profile via “Settings.” You can also unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions above in “Other Information.”
>If you would like to submit a data access request, you can do so from the “Settings” page of the Services, where there is a button to download your data. We will then start the process and provide you a link to access the personal data that Discord has on you within 30 days.
Don't tell me I need to install their shitty client to access this special setting.

>these comments
are gaymers really this dumb?

Discord's offices are in San Francisco. I do not want to live anywhere in the state of California if I can avoid it.

Wow, thats a LOAD of employees.
What the fuck are they doing all day?
I mean, I could program pretty much all of discord in half a year to a year, including the spyware.
I guess they play around all day and do whatever.

Right? Unironically thinking about applying. I feel like if you kept moving most of the day you could literally do nothing for a few months and collect paychecks until they get wise, and then all you gotta do is a little bit of work to get them off your back and repeat the cycle.

>we value diversity
Aaaaaaaaaaand closed the tab

they get money from the chink goverment to get info on americans.

>truth matters more than saving face

Blatant lies. No company in the entire world implements this.

I would imagine a lot of r&d, and their sales team for all that juicy data probably gets paid shitloads in commish

if you have discord open right now your application is probably going to be marked and binned for making this thread. Without any human even seeing it

this
Diversity is great. I love diversity. Diversity of opinions and background is great.
Diversity of race solely because "hurrr virtue signaling" is disgusting.

>Diversity of opinions and background is great.
Actually I think that diversity is kind of overrated.
Getting into the 'why' would take too long though.

They are an american company

Someone doesn't know how GDPR works.

I don't think you do. It's an EU law, good luck going through the american court system to enforce an EU law. Their only recourse is to block discord, which would have poor optics

Then why did they update their ways of storing data as well as develop tools exclusively for complying with the GDPR?
The GDPR applies to any business that offers goods or services to EU citizens as customers.

>The GDPR applies to any business that offers goods or services to EU citizens as customers.
Again, there's no way to enforce that for an american company

Yes there is. You report the infraction to the EU department for GDPR execution and they will handle it.

Or so they say. I expect they'll get 34893483098 requests daily and wait times > 6 months

Attached: annoyed.jpg (306x306, 20K)

I think you're actually retarded. They are an AMERICAN company, action against them can only be taken through the AMERICAN court system. What the "EU department for GDPR execution" thinks is irrelevant, they can only take action if an AMERICAN court of law agrees. Which they won't

We'll see about that, hotshot.

Kinda gud desu. Lot's of s0yb0ys and duversity, tho.