Hey there anons!

Hey there anons!
I invite you to the 100th incarnation of a discord server to have a bit of banter ;)

nM5tN

Daily reminder IRC is old tech and riot sucks.

Attached: 06fa04e52tw01.jpg (275x275, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/fourchan_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>discord
but i'm not a numale söyboi :(

Well user, provide a better option and maybe I would have used instead. GDPR coming in user, that will let us control our data either way!

IRC.

xmpp, the thinking mans choice
xmpp:[email protected]?join

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's bad. There's everything you need:
- Chatting in channels
- Chatting to users
- Identification with SASL (passwords or keys)
- Private chatting with DCC
and no useless bloated features.

The user experience is much nicer with discord user, everything is setup nice and easily and really is convenient. IRC is for old people that are stuck in the terminal, get with the times grandpa :')

What happened to pic related?

Attached: file.png (135x58, 7K)

There's like a million of these servers so ain't surprised that another one has popped up, some groups have decent admins and some are absolute autists. Never saw that group though

>jaded morons angry at popular things
>literally can’t comprehend why someone would want something more than just irc

Wrong

telegram
t.me/fourchan_g

That's proprietary too, might as well go with discord at that point for better functionality and a better layout

the official clients are open source, and their privacy policy compares to discord's is so much better

>everything is setup nice and easily and really is convenient
This is bad, all it does is make it easier for scrubs and trolls to join your channel.

>IRC is for old people that are stuck in the terminal
I would rather be stuck in the terminal. I don't want to look at your shitty avatars, image macros and inline videos spammed in chat, people screaming in voice about shitty proprietary video games. Just give me chat and be done with it, oh wait, IRC does that fine and has been doing it for decades.

Servers are still proprietary user, you don't know what's being kept and what isn't either way

analyzing the official clients, i can find out what they store and send, meaning i do know what they store
richard stallman himself says that you are better off using an open source client than a closed one
also hi beznell :^)

>discord
>not Ricochet.IM

Riot sucks user, the UI is absolutely horrible, until then I rather use discord and convert if something with better ui comes along

can't join, the room is private

Sorry, fixed

Discord is a great client desu and nothing else really competes with it. Why can't Open Source produce something like this? I dont want the botnet 10 metres up my hole all the time