What is a good fridge to get? Mine broke. I only got $1000-1100

What is a good fridge to get? Mine broke. I only got $1000-1100.

Attached: 1500661931856.jpg (1000x887, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=refrig.calculator&which=4&rate=0.1210&3aValue=0&rconfig=Top Freezer&screen=4&manu=Before 1980&tvol=19.0-21.4 Cubic Feet&model=&submit.x=135&submit.y=11
flukso.net/content/old-vs-new-fridge
refrigerators.reviewed.com/features/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-energy-star-fridge-standards
michaelbluejay.com/electricity/refrigerators.html
timescolonist.com/opinion/17-years-later-a-new-fridge-that-s-300-cheaper-and-uses-40-less-power-1.2179986
houzz.com/discussions/2335024/energy-savings-of-new-refigerator-vs-10-year-old-model
t2c.org.uk/chilling/new-case-study-of-20-yr-old-fridge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you need a fridge if all you eat is fast food?

For keeping the piss bottles from stinking up the joint, obviously

place them under your bed, they're a different color, so you don't have to worry about getting them confused with your jizzjugs

>not going to the nig hood looking for a stolen $1000 fridge being sold in a jew shop for $300
Bring a friend incase the nigs try to nog you.

That's gross. This isn't

>not Installing gentoo on your fridge
sorry, but you should fuck off Jow Forums If you think otherwise

>go to store
>find cheap fridge that looks like its from the 90s for $700
????

I want my fridge to have wifi and order things I'm low on.

Just use your computer :)

A brain is better for shit like that.

Is the old fridge consume more energy a meme?

Lowe's and Home Depot sell high-end fridges on clearance if they have dings or they've been returned. I know that my store (Lowe's) will loan out brand new fridges to people who are in need of one, and then when the loaner comes back we're required to put it on clearance.

Depends on how old we're talking about. Your dad's old thing from the 1960s will use more energy than any modern fridge by a long ways. A ten-year-old fridge isn't worth replacing (or passing up, if you're buying) for energy-efficiency reasons.

My oldest fridge is from 1995, I guess is better to wait until it breaks before replacing it. Its making weird sounds so it wont take long

kys

I know right? I'd like to be able to have an app in my fridge to order my soilent stuff !

Fuck no my one from 1997 is costing me £125 a year. My new one costs me £25.

>tfw I had to struggle so much just to get it through the doors

UK doorways are shit. The country is made for small things even appliances. I had to take my front door off the kitchen door off the fridge doors off and then play the dancing game with it.

Fucking horrible. It was only an 80cm fridge.

The $400 model they use in cheap apartments.

Attached: budget-kitchen-cabinets-cheap-ways-to-update-kitchen-kitchen-ideas-on-a-budget-for-a-small-kitchen-t (930x618, 65K)

Don't you have a phone, or a computer, or legs?

>an actual botnet fridge
Why do the normies want this?

Do not get samsung they make cheap shelves that cannot substain 2 gallons of milk

Most of my shelves are broked because some genius though it was a good idea to make two part shelves connected with clip parallel to where the force is gonna be excreted.

french doors are a meme
>bottom part basket break for no fucking reason

>fridges now have a mac address

What's next. what normal household object will have a mac address next. is my toilet going to connect to the internet to send reports to my doctor about my shitting habits? what the fuck is wrong with this world

Attached: 1507888023582.jpg (1024x934, 78K)

that fridge has the mini door on the wrong side, they cannot even design shit right.

You want the mini door on the left side cause that is where the french door mechanism is on, and if you do not open the right first to open the left your gonna bust that mechanism, and have to replace that piece of shit for 300 bucks.

>What is a good fridge to get?
Simplest, that has mechanical thermal switch, not inverter garbage.

Any fridge made in Communism.
40 years and still running.
That shit wasn't designed to break.

Attached: 790a2dc413f07d7f.jpg (450x600, 62K)

Why would someone spend 1100 $ for a fridge?

I want one that I can encrypt.

good luck finding R-22 freon for it though, shit's banned

Ya and it will cost you like $300 more a year in electricity

They sell replacement in here. What shithole do you live in?

This shit consumes too much shekels from wall.

Nope, the difference in power consumption isn't that large. Buying A+++ devices is retarded. You will save a dollar in a year.

Don't bother with an ice chest. That thing can moldy and ends up taking up valuable space. Just buy a bag of ice.

Holy shit, that fridge is looking good. Today ones are 100% rust after four years.

I should be asking the same. It's been phased out of every first-world country. Funnily enough the Wikipedia page says it's still in high demand in developing countries.

Not true.
Also for 1100 USD for a new fridge I can run my worthless commie fridge for years.

How dare you get the luxury fridge with the handle, you fucking capitalist pig!
You make me sick.

>the difference in power consumption isn't that large
prove it

>communist fridge
>to store your non-existent food

Attached: yee.png (450x352, 133K)

energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=refrig.calculator&which=4&rate=0.1210&3aValue=0&rconfig=Top Freezer&screen=4&manu=Before 1980&tvol=19.0-21.4 Cubic Feet&model=&submit.x=135&submit.y=11
flukso.net/content/old-vs-new-fridge
refrigerators.reviewed.com/features/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-energy-star-fridge-standards
michaelbluejay.com/electricity/refrigerators.html
timescolonist.com/opinion/17-years-later-a-new-fridge-that-s-300-cheaper-and-uses-40-less-power-1.2179986
houzz.com/discussions/2335024/energy-savings-of-new-refigerator-vs-10-year-old-model
t2c.org.uk/chilling/new-case-study-of-20-yr-old-fridge/

Its funny how literally every single site I could find says that you're wrong. Research studies, anecdotal stories, even admittedly marketing campaigns, which if they were just blatantly lying would open them up to lawsuits. The tests are repeatable at home with a mutimeter and a brain.

For the sake of being unbiased, I also googled "old fridges dont use extra power or cost you more money +scam" and other similar variants, and all that came up was random articles telling me the exact opposite. You cant even find conflicting views on this on the internet, where there's dedicated communities of people who believe the earth is flat, or that lizard people exist in our government. Its literally so objectively open and shut that the internet doesn't even disagree with it.

I'm guessing you haven't owned a French door fridge made in the last decade.

Do you even own one of these fridges

Do you idiots seriously believe information found in google?
You know that resulst on top are bought, right? Use russian yandex or something.

>The tests are repeatable at home with a mutimeter and a brain.
you can't "buy" common knowledge. and you can't rig an otherwise properly functioning multimeter either. Just like how I can test in my home that the acceleration due to gravity is 9.8ms^2, I can also test how much power appliances are drawing over a period of time, and see how efficiently a fridge is insulating itself based on its power/rest cycles. Science and the scientific community is funny that way, for things to be accepted as theories, they have to be repeatable and testable. This just happens to be the most basic of basic electronics shit

i have and the mechanism is shit

no

Well I don't know which third world French door fridge you have, because any brand name should be able to have either size open independently with the other closed. The flap that seals between the two doors should be hinged and spring loaded, not fixed necessitating the opposite door to be opened to access that particular side.

Property manager here. They're probably among the best that you can buy today in terms of reliability, but they're still crap even compared to what was being put out in the early 1990s. If you get 8-10 years out of one, you're lucky. More likely that the compressor fails 2-4 years out of warranty and then you're looking at $300 of repairs on a fridge that cost $400-$500.

In my own house, I've got a 1982 Kelvinator I inherited from my grandparents and the thing is just rock solid. Hasn't ever given me a lick of trouble. The general unavailability of R-22 does worry me a bit though.

>tfw the rest of my kitchen is stainless steel and the fridge is a drab beige
>tfw none of the other appliances inspire anywhere near the same level of confidence

>not writing a script paired with an arduino board equipped with motors and wheels to cook and bring you snacks on the regular after installing gentoo on your fridge and microwave
What are you guys even doing with your lives?

>chair doesn't have a mac address utilized to enhance posture
you're living in 2016.

get a subzero OP

it doesn't matter you faggot.

>you can open both sides
> mechanism fucks up
>breaks
it literally not even 5 years old.

The problem here is more to do with the ham fisted operator, not the equipment. My fucking family French door Mitsubishi has survived 7 years of abuse with even children using.
>tl,dr;
You're even dumber than a toddler.

french doors are a meme is my point you shit,literally adding more failure points so they can jew u

>copious amounts of shelf frontage for a given capacity is a meme
>...because a $30 replaceable item could be damaged by a lowest common denominator retard
lmao

>kike defend part that increases failure on product

I'm surprised you possess the dexterity to type out a comprehensible post, given you clearly lack the basic motor skills to operate a fucking fridge

he wants to be part of DDOS zombie botnets

Attached: image-2.png (740x651, 208K)

Can attest to quality of commie fridges, it's about only thing that was really well made behind iron curtain.

No need for it since it'll never fail

Tested one that my mom has, has 120W draw while compressor is on. Difference in efficiency between commie and modern fridge is 30% tops.

>toilet going to connect to the internet to send reports to my doctor about my shitting habits

I would like that.

>Appeal to ridicule fallacy

Back to Jow Forums.

>not owning a Liebherr fridge

Attached: 1418012897260.gif (320x240, 814K)

hard kek

LG GB450UPLX
I sell appliances, this is my go to recommendation excellent energy rating no bullshit sensible layout, I've sold a lot of them and have yet to hear back from a customer.

You in EU or USA? A good fridge is stupid simple. Look at the hinges are they actual metal or is it a plastic hinge? Look at the door gasket, can you pull it off the door? That is good, it means its replaceable. Does it make a lot of noise? Because you will hear it later.
Yes and no. The fridge itself does not consume anymore or less than a new one. The insulation is totally different. So a new one will keep cold longer, meaning it runs less, meaning it will use less electric.
Get this. They are long lasting and really nice. They use about $10 worth of electric a month, at least where I lived they did.

Also, the more gadgety the fridge, the more shit there is to break.
Your commie country didn't teach you how to do basic math then.

What if the fridge fell on all of them and killed them

You have to defrost those commie fridges like every 4 months and they shit out ice all over everything no thanks.