THANK YOU BASED INTEL

ark.intel.com/products/136863/Intel-Core-i3-8121U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

Attached: Intel_Cannonlake_Logo.jpg (500x500, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/71258/Intel-Core-i7-3687U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/54617
ark.intel.com/products/97537
ark.intel.com/products/124968
extremetech.com/computing/256213-amd-will-use-new-globalfoundries-12nm-node-future-cpus-gpus
elazaradvisors.com/2018/05/amd-not-affected-intels-new-spectre-ng-flaw.html
youtube.com/watch?v=O-xwfm7N3CQ
newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/jim-keller-joins-intel-lead-silicon-engineering/
overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/amd_is_reportedly_unaffected_by_spectre_ng_-_great_news_for_epyc/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>releasing a fucking i3 first to show off new 10nm node
>same stats and even lower turbo than older 14nm i3 despite no igp

I still don't understand wtf is Intel thinking, this is worse than not releasing any 10nm products at all.

Attached: lenin explains machine code to proletariat.jpg (730x1118, 186K)

>current year
>dual core

Attached: 1521736264097.jpg (596x600, 107K)

>i3

are you shitting me

Is that a fucking dual core?

>corelets will praise intel for this

Attached: 1525806197402.jpg (750x746, 74K)

>3 years
>one 10nm abortion of a chip

how did intel fuck up so badly?

The problem isn't that it's dual core, it's that it's a clear regression from i3-8130u rather than an improvement.

They could have at least added an igpu to at least make it look like it was made for low powered laptops that don't need a lot of power. How did they fuck up THIS bad?!

Attached: 5454545.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

Turns out they weren't lying when they said their 10nm chips would be slower initially.

>corelet
i don't think that word means what you think it means

I'm noticing a steady decline with Intel.

Attached: Team AMD.jpg (407x588, 58K)

the best part
>no gpu

>intel finally makes chips without IGP

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

>still no 10nm
Bru... Look at this duuude...

In what way is this an upgrade to the 4770K other than the use of DDR 4 and a larger cache.

>15W
>Dual Core in $CURRENT_YEAR
>2.2Ghz
>Doesn't even have an IGPU
Is this the best Intel has to offer?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>Turns out they weren't lying when they said their 10nm chips would be slower initially.
Its over 3 years in delay. They might aswell just skip it now

Is this fantasy based?

>Dual core
>No iGPU
>AVX512

Attached: 1523413676622.jpg (599x303, 29K)

>Processor Base Frequency 2.20 GHz
>Max Turbo Frequency 3.20 GHz

Attached: Wut.png (600x512, 569K)

I suspect that the GPU is simply disabled because they couldn't get it to work properly. Intel never made any desktop or mobile i3 without an iGPU before - it doesn't make sense to have a budget CPU that always requires an external graphics chip.

At least this chip shows their process is nearly complete :^)

AMD's R3 2200U is a dual core part as well

Thanks, Schlomo

ark.intel.com/products/71258/Intel-Core-i7-3687U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz
>blocks your path.

2200u is a pentium from amd

Holy shit, they make other CPUs on that production node too.

> Ryzen 3
> even though its 14nm, actually boosts higher than the i3 (Ryzen is known for lower boosts compared to intel)
> has Vega graphics
well... 10nm is shit.

Attached: 0e1rj4owzfdz.jpg (670x955, 64K)

and that has a GPU

Attached: 1489001032488.jpg (900x1010, 172K)

two models, 2115C and 3115C; theres also the P suffix models but I think thats i5/i7 exclusive

No iGPU means a very small die, it was probably the only one they could produce without huge defects.

DELETE THIS

I said desktop/mobile. 2115C and 3115C are embedded CPUs, you can't buy any consumer shit with those.

Or the iGPU wasn't working properly so they disabled it.

>intel with no node advantage

2019 is gonna be hilarious

>barely gets product working
>releases it

FINALLY AVX-512 FOR US PEASAN-- oh.

Not true because it has SMT

>2 (((two))) fucking cores
>no igpu
>2018

THANK YOU BASED FAVELA MONKEY

Attached: 1503072379586.png (665x574, 266K)

lol

Attached: 1500581349946.png (654x555, 47K)

Look goys...I means guys. We have a 10nm out the door before anyone else! We are ahead of the game! No really!

Attached: 1511310929450.jpg (700x610, 47K)

I wonder if this would be good with a mobile gtx 1050 :)

>this is worse than not releasing any 10nm products at all.

probably a way some group of individuals can claim a technical Q2'18 10nm release to avoid termination or shareholder lawsuit.

>mfw Intel is about to go through their Bulldozer phase

Attached: 1410966473749.jpg (5625x5648, 2.21M)

Remember when a 2.4GHz Athlon used to murder a 3.2GHz Pentium 4?

We're going back boys

Attached: 8120.png (450x337, 23K)

They got complacent and believed Zen would be a failure

>they didn't fall for the strongest when most vulnerable meme

>amd releases 12nm with higher clock speeds
>intel releases 10nm with lower clock speeds
????

>a 2013 processor with iGPU on 22nm node
>a 2018 processor without iGPU on 10nm node
>2 (two) watts lower TDP
You could not make this shit up

Attached: 1504112535868.jpg (423x404, 20K)

I wonder what are the yields.

Is this a fucking joke?

You think thats bad?
ark.intel.com/products/54617
32nm 2011, and this probably has the same all core turbo

heres what its launching against from Kaby
ark.intel.com/products/97537
ark.intel.com/products/124968

thats right it barely manages higher frequencies than a 15w quad core with an IGPU

>based
>literally fucked up everyones kernel
>literally reported vulnerabilities to Chinese first

I didn't realize it was called INTELx64.

kek.

15w 2.2GHz i3
>2 cores

doesn't seem bad for a ultralight laptop part.

>But no iGPU @10nm
c'mon now

This is a product delayed for three years, built on supposedly the most advanced manufacturing node in existence, with the most advanced architecture Intel has built.

And it sucks shit worse than a 2013 model

amd's 14nm isn't even 12nm. its just a highly mature 14nm node that GF labeled 12nm because of how mature it is. but yes, while amd was able to squeeze higher clocks out of GF 14nm intel managed to fuck up their new 10nm so bad they had to drop clocks and apparently even drop the igpu from it.

intel wasn't kidding when they admitted they fucked up 10nm so fucking badly. and what's sad is not only is its single threaded the same as coffee, which is the same as kaby, which is the same as skylake, but intel even stated that first gen 10nm might actually be SLOWER clock for clock. so there is an absolutely high chance its slower clock for clock than its coffee/kaby/skylake competitor.

another year on my based sandy bridge

Tsukumo-tan shows the way.

Attached: 180425voices_1024x768a-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 172K)

What's his endgame?

Attached: 1497811003710.jpg (1000x1000, 119K)

No it is actually a smaller process. GloFlo 12nm supports 7.5T, but AMD chose to stick with 9T to ease design work. Thus it ends up the same die size and density but with improved performance. They /could/ have used a higher density though.

10 nm is far beyond most technogly to create circits
the heat issues get far worse heading forward

>3 years
its fucking good.

it usually takes 5 years to get down nodes
the delay was yeild and heat
AMD will find this out as well as they go to 7nm next year.

heat is really going to lower clock speeds
ummm no
there is more circuits in this cpu then in the 2013 model
the clock speeds are shit no doubt
but this is going to be a trend for awhile untill we have a better way to get rid of more heat

beleive it or not but heat is getting to be a bigger and bigger issue as nodes get smaller
that translates into lower clocks.

crashing the jews .. with no survivors

extremetech.com/computing/256213-amd-will-use-new-globalfoundries-12nm-node-future-cpus-gpus

Attached: AMD-12nm.png (1372x914, 1.96M)

elazaradvisors.com/2018/05/amd-not-affected-intels-new-spectre-ng-flaw.html

Intelaviv are getting fucked every wehich way.

More
youtube.com/watch?v=O-xwfm7N3CQ

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS ISNT HAPPENING INTEL PLEASE BTFO AMD PLEASE

>perform a die shrink to decrease cycle time and energy.
>Keep clock speeds consistently the same as the previous die.
>Require consumers to expend additional energy on cooling solutions which keep overheating processors from exploding.

10/10 would buy Ryzan again.

Attached: 1524756705942.webm (320x320, 553K)

And here we see a Dunning Kruger case
Cannonlake got DELAYED three years, as in the intended release date was pushed back from 2015 to 2018.
The delay has nothing to do with heat produced and yield, those are just symptoms. I can go into the actual cause later if you want, but the gist is cobalt interconnects.
AMD won't find out shit, GloFlo 7nm is looking to be excellent from tapeouts. TSMC and Samsung are also having no problems with their comparable processes. I can go into why they don't have the same interconnect problem but you wouldn't fucking understand it anyways.
Sure there are "more circuits", but that doesn't matter worth a damn when end performance is within 15% for the same power band after five years, WITHOUT A GPU.
I don't know where you're getting this meme that heat is an issue either. The vast majority of designs won't even need vapor chambers at 7nm, and thats a basic bitch cooling solution design. Yeah heat/mm2 is going up because switching voltage is decreasing at a slower rate than transistor density is increasing, but it hasn't become a problem.

In summary your retarded and should kill youreself.

What are you getting at here, are you trying to assert they used 7.5T? Because I can get it from the horses mouth that they used 9T.

A die shrink adds 2-3% IPC without changing the arch

All their 10nm are defective. This is the only thing they can salvage from it.

then you have no idea what resistance and energy loss is then retard also global founderies already talked about impedance and heat generation

the interconnects can't be fixed in this generation of cpu's because intel doesn't have the technogly hence the delay and it had to be forced out because of ryzen+
also ryzen has a different uarch that is designed for the new interconnects Old ringbus was never going to have newer interconnects what's the point when intel makes a new uarch in 2020?

What's the use case for this?

Shittops.

Oh sweetie, if only.

> no iGPU
nope

I said heat generation is going up, but that it isn't a problem yet. Obviously it's a factor of resistance increasing due to physically smaller feature size, thats what I already said in a shorter way.
The interconnects in 10nm can't be fixed because changing the m0 and m1 layers to not use cobalt would be akin to designing the process from the ground up all over again. It's not that the tech doesn't exist, it's that they tried a new tech and it's fucked beyond belief.
Why are you talking about ringbusses, that has nothing to do with process level interconnects. You're mixing terms up.

You're the worst kind of brainlet, so stupid you can't even see how stupid you are.

>don't mention uarch
Its uarch level changes to get new interconnects
the cobalt layer is part of the problem not the whole thing that is only leakage.

Again you fail to see the point so you fall back to your prevois point
again you don't understand impedance and heat are literally in the same boat.
the materals where supporse to be chaned over but changing silcon would be more cost on a project that has already been delayed 3 years

also changing silcon costs money and lots of it.
>obviously no concept of money
Just because intel is rich now doesn't mean it likes to lose money.

Intal reckonised a need for a new CPU and it fulled that void.
new silcon can be revised on the new uarch because already intel has already working on newer projects.

also cannon lake is still using ring-bus uarch dummy hence why i have to dumb down on fucking everything

You talk all high and mighty then show nothing to disprove men other than belittling my argument and your lack of economic education.

stop using ad hom's when you lose an augreement

Seriously, this was going to be the first chip with AVX512 after Skylake-X. Fucking bullshit.

Oh no it went down by .5 whatever will Intel do

No wonder they hired Keller, they are fucking lost.

> they hired keller
hold on! is that true? got any sources?

>2c 4t
Kek

It does tho faggot

yeah but it's winrar lmao who cares i want gaymen :-)

This is the ryzen killer.
A lower price tag combined with Intel's known quality completely erodes any perceived advantage amd might have.

>Dual core
>Inferior clocks to what intel has put out in previous generations let alone what Ryzen is capable of.
>>Ryzen killer
Nope.jpg

>Intel's known quality
?

newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/jim-keller-joins-intel-lead-silicon-engineering/

AMD's market segment is cheap low-end CPUs. But they got cocky and now Intel is going to smash those chink upstarts on their home turf.

Ryzens shit on i5/i7 outisde of single core while being cheaper
Threadrippers rip intel's xeons a new asshole
Seems like intel's market segment is good goys who pay a premium for inferior products.

>Intel: recognized brand with worldwide visibility powering a wide-range of devices
>ayymd: chinese knock-offs used exclusively by poorfags

I should add to this user's post: AMD's not vulnerable to the newest round of vulnerabilities found in intel chips:
overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/amd_is_reportedly_unaffected_by_spectre_ng_-_great_news_for_epyc/1

holy shit

Enjoy your pozzed CPU

Just slap a shitty MX110 or
MX130 with it and there you have it.

>process supposed to arrive several years ago
>even with added time the process is a failure and these half-baked abortions are all they can come up with

where the fuck is the jew gold going if not into making their products at least competent? how can they fuck up so badly when they have 10x the resources AMD has?

>AMD will find this out as well as they go to 7nm next year.
Haven't 7nm Vegas already been benchmarked with fine performance?

onvm, I'm dumb, that's 12nm probably