Why is this happening?

Alright Jow Forums so you may remember me as the guy who made the PSU thread around a week ago here

Well, I have got my Seasonic PSU today and I replaced my old dead PSU, however my computer is still not turning on for some unknown reason

I have checked the PSU itself and tested it with the hairpin method, the fan spins and I see that it works, however when I press the power button on my case the system doesn't turn on

I can see the lights on my Motherboard and the light on my MSI GPU flashing up for a split-second when I press the power button but nothing happens after that

Am I just doing something wrong here or am I just doing something retarded?

Attached: 56.jpg (600x600, 80K)

OP is retarded.

How about you actually wire the power button?

erm...but I did do that, I connected the power button to the motherboard

PSU might have taken the motherboard or something with it

Most likely your mobo or hard drive is fried.
Do this:
>Clear the CMOS
If not work:
>Remove all periferals and storage drive only leave the primary boot drive and one stick of RAM
>try switching RAM modules and difference RAM slots
>switch SATA ports
>switch to other drives

If work then try adding other components one by one.

If not try using your mobos integrated graphics or a spare GPU.

If still not work buy a new mobo.

I was thinking about that but if my mobo is kill then why do I see lights flash on it for a split-second when I try to turn it on?

Also try shorting the power pins with a screw driver before trying anything. Your case's power button may be screwed.

it can still flash the LEDs and be dead, there are a lot of components on a motherboard..

Doesnt mean anything but the leds got powered on for a split second.

probably a dead motherboard or cpu then.
a dead motherboard / cpu can still cause a flicker for a split second or two. a dead motherboard doesn't necessary mean dead as a brick.

also it could be caused by a short from another piece of hardware. i know jay2centz did an interesting video not to long ago that should a dead ssd was causing his computer to fail to boot as well.

On top of this. Check to see if your reset switch isn't stuck on or jumpered on the motherboard. I have a computer case where if the reset switch is pushed too hard it gets stuck on. Same with the power button.

OP this guy is right:
When shit like this happens you clear CMOS and take everything down to the absolute bare minimum. Like, CPU + mobo + one stick of ram, no storage, no GPU. Then test the other stick of RAM. etc.

Just follow what he said

OP here

thanks, I'll try it

>Mobo defective?

Also

>4Pin CPU connected?

This happened to me very often.

Attached: 1308492095058.png (2000x2000, 240K)

Heppened the same to me actually. Couldn't turn on, changed PSU, everything went on but no video no peripherals, tried to remove stuff and put it back in and pc wouldn't turn on again.
Took my pc at a store and they told me i had a short in my mobo caused by the RAM being displaced. Tomorrow I'm changing mobo and I'll see

This happened to me last year. Was a stressful week of troubleshooting. Was also an evga 650g. It fried my western digital 1tb hdd. Luckily everything else was fine. Now I have a seasonic psu and Toshiba 2tb. No more issues.

This exact thing happened to me once OP

Remove your GPU from your motherboard and try to start the old girl up with your onboard chip, I bet you it runs.

Let me guess
You have either a Gigabyte or an MSI Z97 board

This

>flash for a split second
>when it should be a rave party wooo!
He's dead Jim