Atom VS VScode

The question is which one you use, why you think its better than the other and what you think they should improve on the one that you're not using??

Attached: Atom-VS-Code.png (595x375, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atom.io/packages/fountain
youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZdiUqrZ1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

using VSCode, seriously thinking to move to something else, or maybe VIM/emacs if i find the right tools for c++

Gnome Builder for programming.
Gedit for web design and scripting. Unless I'm already in a terminal, in which case, nano.

Both are slow, but atom is a little slower

Atom cuz its community supported and has any extension/theme/lil shit you want to make it from text editor to an IDE

What define Atom being slow in general like whats the slow part about it? It's slow on the startup is that what youre saying? Ofc it is because on every package you install you can see "+x ms added to startup" depending what packages you got running. if you want to run 100 packages ofc its gonna be slow as shit on startup. Atom isn't slow if you know how to use it and use it as it's meant to be for a specific project

VS Code is noticably less sluggish and starts up way faster even though both are electronshit. I keep coming back to Sublime.

VS Community. Text editors only is for hipsters.

>7,600 package/ 2,500 themes made by community on atom

boi use microbotnet software ill stick with my text editor with full support from actual people that support the editor not shills

VS Code is superior in every way, the only downside is that Microsoft made it

Atom has everything you will ever need to program. What makes it special are the level of customization and add-ons you can use on it. It literally has a package to ask questions on stackoverflow within the editor so you dont need to open tabs. Microsoft is shill and prolly hide a couple backdoors on that vs code. It's not open source you wouldn't fucking know it would you. I support open software every time

>Which would you rather have, polio or smallpox?

i use vs code
never used atom tbqhwyf
code is comfy and i tried it bc i'm used to vs ide from school

VS Code because it actually takes less than a minute to start

if it takes atom on your computer more than 5 sec to load with an SSD with no matter how many packages and themes install then your pc is shit.

people judge atom for being slow from the slow startup time cuz they go install any shit from package manager that they dont use and add +ms on startup baka

Vscode intellisense actually works.

I'm using atom, but I want to learn vim at a good level

If you try to work on any major projects with a large total file count inside Atom, you can kiss productivity goodbye. Shouldn't take 6 seconds to open up a folder on an extremely high end desktop, when there's zero noticeable latency in almost any other editor.

I was a big voucher for Atom when I was learning how to code, as it handles small projects incredibly well and has fantastic flexibility. The amount of problems that popped up after I actually got a job in the field drove me to VSCode for performance reasons.

>5 seconds
vscode takes less than 1 second to start for me

>less than 1 sec to open any kind of big file
no

Can't effectively use either of them on my machine thanks to 4gb of memory not being enough for electrontrash. Vim now, vim tomorrow, vim next week, vim forever.

Whats up with sublime? Is it a good alternative for both atom and vscode? anyone use it? is it slow or fast or decent? also do you have to buy it or its free

Attached: 150px-Sublime_Text_3_logo.png (150x150, 7K)

I said less than 1 second to start, not open a big file. However, I just tested it with a 16MB file. It takes about 1s to open the file, and about 2s to start with that file in the session.

does startup time really maters dude? i mean if you are anywhere close to a programmer you would know you would sit ur ass in a chair for 8 hours straight literally, 5-10 sec wont save anything. its all about personal preference i mean if you like vscode and the addons it has then its cool and you should use it or use atom with it's plugins and shit. at the end its the same

I tried atom and liked it, but for whatever odd reason it leaked memory like a motherfucker on my machine.

>using a text editor built on top of a browser

The thread topic is about which I like better and why, so I don't see the point of your post. Besides, waiting 5s every time you want to make a quick edit to a file gets annoying.

I use Atom + Fountain for screenwriting.

atom.io/packages/fountain

youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZdiUqrZ1g

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f6769746875622e636f6d2f73757065726c6f752f666f756e7461696e2d61746f6d2f626c6f622f6d6173 (1156x806, 631K)

I use VS Code when I need JS/TypeScript and other front end shit
Eclipse for Java/Scala
Vim + Alchemist for Elixir

>5-10 sec wont save anything
5-10 seconds for a task you do multiple times a day, every workday of the year sums up to a lot of wasted time, that I could waste on Jow Forums or other shit instead

emacs has a lot of packages for c++, you can pretty much turn it into an IDE.
there's a steep learning curve though: all the config files are written in emacs lisp.

I use sublime text.
It's ok.

Way faster than any electron based crap. You can evaluate it for as long as you like for free, you have to pay or crack it to get rid of a dialog popup every once in a while. VS Code has better plugin integration.

>anything but emacs
Absolutely haram.