I want a battle for azeroth ready pc

to achieve this goal i want to upgrade my fx4300 to a fx8350, but i fear its heat and noise. will i have a jet engine?

Attached: $_72.jpg (500x375, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/seidon-240m/
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9010-MT-Intel-i7-3770-3-40GHz-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-Windows-7/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2SIrV_4-dM#t=9m00s
youtube.com/watch?v=PfSZ_FM9cH4
youtube.com/watch?v=GC_7-CpTLGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>[game title] ready pc

kys ureselfe

ive already been in /v/. they told me to come here!

Wait for game to come out
buy game
see if game runs acceptably on your PC
if it does, play game. end.
if it doesn't, then upgrade. All the /v/ sites will be featuring benchmarks of the game, and forums will be filled with people talking about how it performs (or doesn't) on different hardware configurations.

More shit cores will do absolutely nothing for your WoW performance. It only uses one. You won't see any increase between those CPUs, unless you're running a ton of background shit that's currently slowing you down.

its the strongest affordable processor that fits on my motherboard. if i upgraded to ryzen or intel my costs would increase to a point where i could just as well buy a new pc.

i already know what performance it will have, my question is how loud will the system be. the fx8350 draws so much power both the cpu cooler and the power supply unit will be on overdrive all the time. i dont want to play while having a jet engine next to me.

this thread is bait

i have one and yes if you use the default cooler its horrible but i got a water cooler coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/seidon-240m/
this one and now its ok the cpu takes about 100w and i dont know what the cooler takes but the noise is no longer a problem

Then save for a new PC, dumbass. Replacing your 4300 with an 8350 will not grant you even one extra frame in WoW. It doesn't even use two cores effectively, let alone four, let alone eight.

OP, I had one of these for a little bit. it's fine and wasn't loud at all. grad a decent fan or water cool it and you'll do.
I run it on very small fan and heat sink it and it rarely pops into the 80's

is this true?

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9010-MT-Intel-i7-3770-3-40GHz-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-Windows-7/

>buy i7 3770/8GB machine for $200
>swap parts
>Sell FX 4300 with 4GB for $100.

Wow uses bout 43% of my ryzen 7 at 4k literaly a 30$ cooler would be enough to cool an 8350 wow runs better on higher clocked cores

>its heat and noise
I've got my old machine still in service as a server and it's still cool and quiet. I never understood where this meme came from.

i will just buy a new pc. thx for the adivce.

Finding a 970 with 8+2 power phases, or a 990 chipset Mobo will cost more than buying a ryzen and am4 Mobo combined.

Do yourself the favor and get a Ryzen. If you are poor, get a used 2200G / 1600 they are very cheap now.

FX8350 is shit and no real upgrade, also I bet you got a shitty motherboard that can not handle such high TDPs.

Gl with fx8350 lol

Attached: Screenshot_20180515-232357_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x1626, 352K)

WoW is a shitty game, so it will probably want raw singlecore performance

A 1600 should work fine with proper RAM. Also note you can OC RAM manually, its just work. I have cheap sticks on my 60 € board and they do 3200 CL19 (from 2400 CL17), which lowered the latency a lot and comes near the results of the 300 € highend Bdie kit in my main PC.

But its hell to OC them, every time it doesnt boot you have to remove the BIOS battery.

why is bilzzard so fucking shit at multithreading?

sc2 plays best on dual cores its so dumb

Yes. And it's running at ~50fps there. Can't even hit 60fps in Dalaran on a Ryzen at 3.8GHz, because it just loads all its work on a single thread. The engine is ancient. It was designed when CPUs only had one core and Blizzard have never updated that aspect.

WoW benchmark numbers are always complete horse shit too. Yeah, you'll get those sort of numbers if you head to an empty zone from an older expansion. Busy areas like Orgrimmar and Dalaran, or just plain fucking huge ones from the latest expansion like Suramar, and you will be below 60fps.

Even on an Intel CPU. I used to run a 6700K at 4.8GHz and even that wasn't enough for a locked 60fps in the main hub full of players (the Pandaria shrine and then Warspear at the time). The engine isn't up to it.

Attached: muh cores.jpg (2560x1440, 2.11M)

So he gets around 90 fps with a cheap ass cpu and doesn't have to upgrade to expensive as shit ddr4? Sounds good to me.

RAM OC and high threaded CPUs like 7700K and 8700K could help. Maybe even a 7600K.

Read my post, laddie. I had a 6700K at 4.8GHz, which is identical in terms of IPC to Covfefe Lake, and even then it was easy to make it drop below 60fps (two expansions ago, and they've only bolted more shit onto the creaking engine since then). I was running 3200MHz DDR4 at the time (and am now with Ryzen, albeit not the same kit), though it doesn't make much difference with Intel.

Those last 200MHz from a 5GHz 8700K wouldn't change anything. Sure, you can just turn some settings down (draw distance and object detail especially) and boost your framerate in problem areas massively, but I hate doing that. In the old world and inside instances I get much closer to a locked 144fps, because it isn't drawing half the world in the background.

Attached: muh corez.jpg (2560x1440, 2.37M)

Coffee Lake is a bit higher, maybe 5 %, and can OC to 5.4 if you have a golden sample, 5.2 should be possible

If it was on 30 FPS it will surely not change anything
but dont think old CPUs can compete, for example Ryzens IPC is higher than Haswells, a 4.2 GHz Ryzen matches a 4.4 Ghz Haswell

>5%
"No."

And the idea that 5.2GHz is an average overclock for an 8700K is fucking hilarious. Many struggle to even reach 5GHz without serious water cooling.

Attached: untitled-12.png (674x665, 44K)

5Ghz should be doable with 1.4V. Of course you have to delid them, but that applies to any Intel mainstream CPU since the 3770K.

Oh please, you've clearly rigged this. I can max that shit out, throw on quadruple supersampling, and even cut the number of threads. Nothing pushed even half that hard on one thread.

overwatch scales p well with cores desu

Check if the game runs well on your machine, if not be a good goy and get an Intel Pentium G4600 i bet that CPU will obliterate any games PRE WOW.

>40fps on a 2004 game made to run on pentium 3

ayy lmao

Get a seidon 240v with it

If you're on the socket already, get the 8350.

Attached: FXCPU_Die.jpg (2249x3119, 3.65M)

>Optiplex gaming pc
Been there done that and I wished I would've custom built after a while

Attached: Dell745.jpg (1681x1465, 712K)

If your motherboard is shit don't even attempt it, your VRMs will kill themselves. I had to strap a fan to mine back then and it was a fucking crosshair v formula.

This, if you don't have at least a 6+2 phase, don't bother with running an 8350, especially if your 970 board doesn't even have heatsinks on the VRM.

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

Holy shit, and this degenerates (basically everyone) try to sell you that 6 year old CPU at an average of $115.
I mean, stick up your ass, seriously.

You can passively cool it via gigantic radiator setup.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2SIrV_4-dM#t=9m00s

GPU only 28C with the box fan off.

This housefire meme is way out of control, CPUs (including Intel) had been 130w for years on the high end.

I was hitting 4.4 on the loud ass 8350 stock cooler because the tdp isn't that high.

That's more noise and his gpu is running near max OC on just a few C above ambient passively ( except for the pump running at 100% )

I have an fx8350 and have had it since 2012. Never seen it go above 60

That's because the max safe temp is 62c.

Well you can get one of these bad boys for cheap like I did, hitting 4.5GHz prime stable real quietly, but just saying stock cooler is pretty capable.

Attached: IMG_0213.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

I'll never understand how people ended up with amd shit cpus in their machines pre-ryzen. You literally would have to go out of your way to do that shit.

If you were into having lots of compute power overall, spending i5 money on the 8350 and rendering with it made sense.

Anything else like gaming, just get the 3570k that was around at the time.

Why was there no Steamroller/Excavator 8 core with full cache? Increased IPC and perf/watt

the FX8350 is far to old, get a R5 1600/1600X

Probably because improving on AM3+ would cost R&D money that AMD didn't have because they weren't doing well and were busy making ryzen to save themselves.

It's a shame they never made an IPC improvement, because if all the cores on my 8350 had full cache and FPU, it would be scoring over 800 on Cinebench R15 with a mild OC.

They had a Excavator 4core at 3.8ghz 65W ( 2x1MB ). IPC wasn't as high without the full 16MB.

>Wiki says ipc is 1.15 times better than the regular bulldozer/piledriver core
That's pretty good, I can put my gigabyte motherboard into one core per cu mode on the 8350 and the ipc gets about 1.19 times better, but 4 of the cores are gone so overall it's slower at rendering, if we had excavator 8 core that would've been a good uprade, decent ipc with 8 cores running.

Attached: Mad ipc.png (997x523, 696K)

I heard wow is getting dx12 in bfa, that should help right?

youtube.com/watch?v=PfSZ_FM9cH4

2x1MB L2 vs 2x2MB L2 + 4MB L3 and still 1.163x faster

A better test might be a A10-6800K ( only 2x2MB L2 )

Should have bought a ryzen

Domt go amd. For wow intel is the only way

Delidding is possible if you're careful. Be sure to lap the IHS afterwards as shown in the video. You're better off using the method in the pic.

youtube.com/watch?v=GC_7-CpTLGs

Attached: Solder.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

I don't understand. Why doesn't intel just sell chips without the IHS?

Attached: Solder2.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

4 shims on the cpu you mean? It'd provide similar protection to an IHS.

Attached: Solder3.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)