/hpg/ - Headphone General

Kneel to Tyll edition: youtube.com/watch?v=-d31eTmqeEk

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 111212_feature_celebrityheadphonedeathmatch_Photo_Main.jpg (600x253, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

omegamikro.com/clearview-ultrathin-analog-ribbon.html
schiit.com/products
ebay.com/p/NVX-Audio-XPT100-Studio-Over-ear-Headphones-W-COMFORTMAX-Earpads/2254405433
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: hpg.png (1454x869, 162K)

But most of those headphones are shit, why is the audiophile man holding them on his hands?

Attached: 505C2D6E-EAA6-4E5D-BEC2-B3EF85D8FC2C.jpg (2533x3968, 1.92M)

>CelebrityHeadphoneDeathmatch

I wouldn't mind another informed opinion or suggestion. Still undecided on what I should get and what would fit my needs. It's really important to me to not squander the sound.

Stax

stax 009s

Be a good goy and buy what the deaf man tells you.

I get you guys are trying to be funny and have you fun but I had hoped you could also help me make a wise decision with the little money I have.

Save the little money you have and buy a real set of ear speakers. Don’t waste it on garbage. Stax is serious business.

not trying to be funny

He is going to be using a Beats Solo 3. Haha. This makes audiophiles rage!

When you say neighbors, you mean people in the same room?

MSR7 is probably one of the better sounding options. It is a bit small and it isn't the most isolating option. Nad HP50 is another small option, with a bit better isolation. Tends to a more downsloping sound.

Trying again
>150€ hard limit
>Europe
>Motherboard with ALC892
>Full sized
>Open
>The most comfy shit you can think of, for several hours of use every day
>Warm or v-shaped
>HD600s and M40x. I love my 600's for music, but I mainly want the new ones for video games and films(single player, no footsteps memes)

Any EU amazon works, thanks

Attached: 700691054c6b26894d2586a112f8544d.jpg (861x960, 99K)

Anyone knows if the D50 can work with usb power alone or is the power brick needed

Not in the same room, but room next door so there is a certain amount of leakage and lack of isolation I can tolerate. Nothing close to what open headphones give out though. I was hesitant concerning the MSR7 because I read it's made for "mobile use" (which I don't know the validity of) and that just sounds like a dangerous buzzword to me, but I suppose I'll give it a try, thank you.

HD600 is a good choice.

just got the HD660S what amp should i get?

budget is 150

>I love my 600's
Dumb Sennheiser shill

Instead of picking up headphones since you already have some good ones, the best performance gain would be a desktop amp and DAC. I'd recommend the Schiit Fulla since you don't want to spend much but if you could go higher Schiit makes lots of options to stack together.

Budget - High end, not $1000+ Headphones though.

Location - US

Source - A big fuck off Denon AVR-2802, lemme know if I need an amp for your recommendation though. To this day I still can't figure what the highest my headphone impedance should be. Manual is super convoluted.

Type of headphone - Over Ear

Open or closed - Semi-Open is preferred but I'm open to suggestions.

Comfort level - Pretty comfy

Sound signature - V-Shaped, not too important though, I can balance it in my EQ.

Past headphones - Moving on from my buddies old M50x.

Thinking of getting the DT1990's but not too sure.

Attached: 93hf8#&Fhw9f7Fh97.jpg (1160x1160, 99K)

stax

Stax

HD600 suits what you're looking for, and if you want to drive it a bit better than your Denon I'd recommend looking at Schiit's amps as they make quite a lot of great offerings.

>V-shaped
It's like you dumb Sennheiser shills can't read. Dumbo Sennheiser shill

tfw stax

/thread

Same fag here
Lemme be a little more clear.
I want a V Shape that complements The low end while retaining satisfying highs. Some reasons why I like my M50x's is because I can practically redesign its sound signature, and I can hear EVERYTHING. I want new cans though, because these things have highs that sound like crashing dinner plates, and the bass isn't quite there for what I want in my headphones.

The HD600 are a good choice here and you can use EQ to add your V-shape very easily as the HD600 have a reference grade flat sound signature that allows you to tailor the sound to your tastes. An even Schiit DAC and amp setup will help keep the HD600 powered across all ranges, too.

stax

>buy stax
>sound good
>enjoy
stax

Dumbo Sennheiser shill

Honestly hd600 w/schitt stack is all you need. Unless Stax.

I am in a similar boat to you, I am between DT 250, DT 770, MSR7 and NAD HP50. Decided to order the NAD because they seem good value, they're quirky but not bizarre, and reviews indicate the warmth would sound like more of an upgrade to my novice ears than a flatter signature. Enough comments about 'bright' or 'shrill' turned me off the MSR7s. Fit is purportedly subjective with the HP50s so who knows if I'll end up keeping them.

That reply came second before I was going to click the order button with the MSR7. You sure have me in doubt. The other user seemed to think they have good sound but now I'm not sure if I want to try.

How many unique posters do you think the HD600/schiit posters are? It's a shame to see those headphones dragged around in the mud with such a cheap amp.

Once you have a pair of HD600s you won't need to keep bouncing around to different headphones because you'll have reached the ultimate endgame.

Heh. Hey you'll never know unless you try right? If your source material is reasonably high-quality I wouldn't think you would even notice. But then again I have never heard the MSR7s so I'm sure one of the other quality posters in this thread can chime in.

But what makes them endgame?

Buying Stax

What's better with the Crack/Speedball, 650 or 800S?

They are both decent headphones.
MSR7 has a peak around 8-10kHz somewhere. It doesn't go higher than the midrange, the range in between is a bit less sensitive, making that peak stand out.
HP50 response tilts downward, has a bit of added bass.
HP50 is small, so is MSR7. See which one works better for you.

L700

hd650 for certain.

The HD650 is driver matched to +/- 1dB which ensures the highest quality headphone.

800s are too thin with Crack. With any other amp I almost always prefer the 800s.

Attached: DF45E132-3B16-49D4-93A9-27E5364DECAA.jpg (1343x1714, 601K)

What amp do you like best with the 800S

I got to say, I'm a novice myself and would like something that will let me enjoy the songs I listen to and from that previous user's post I am now also considering the DT 770 PRO as those have outstanding reviews and are the most affordable. Can't order the HP50 in Germany, the question is just if the addition price of like 20-30€ of the MSR7 is worth it or if I will be satisfied (also in terms of leakage) with the DT 770/ DT 250. I should make a decision very soon so I can order them right now and hold them in my hands this morning. Just hoping for an informative post to push me over the edge. Guessing I will go DT 770 PRO otherwise.

Wa22 has been my main amp for maybe seven years now. First with hd800, now with hd800s.

Idoltrash here. What's your setup like, user?
nice pic, shit pastebin

Attached: 1513434070980.png (1080x1920, 2.46M)

Attached: gotmilk.jpg (1280x1024, 139K)

>t. Schiitheiser owner

garbage

With choice nos tubes wa22/hd800s is heavenly. Have found S.E.X /he-500 a great match. been pulling out LCD-2 with wa6-se.

Attached: D9A0D8A0-65FD-46D6-A007-F908AB22B8B1.jpg (2772x3698, 2.08M)

DT770 should have more isolation.
770 Pro treble has a bit of boost. Some people like it, others do not.
I think the Custom One Pro should have a little less in the highs.

Custom One Pro seemed like a meme because of all the options and the bass switch, I know some people love them but I personally thought the marketing was odd.

well being floor user i know you wouldn't recommend anything cheaper

Attached: he1.jpg (1296x972, 238K)

I would only recommend hd650/Crack with mods, that combo is solid.

post pictures of your ribbon cables

looking for the equivalent of the low profile apple wireless earphones except i dont wanna drop 240$? Ive see some models that have the buds linked by wire but i want one thats fully wireless

You can see em

omegamikro.com/clearview-ultrathin-analog-ribbon.html
>The perplexed look on your face will evaporate the instant you hear the excitement the Ribbon adds to your music: startling energy, all kinds of new instrumental details, thunderous bass and perfectly-articulated, endless treble.

Attached: 649426188_large_6eed031df97312472750c0e713f13646.jpg (1100x824, 614K)

HD600.

Dummy Sennheiser shill

You don't have to use the bass switch. It's a decent headphone anyway.
Or go with the 770 if you don't mind.

This general is legit worse than most degenerate threads on /vg/, holy shit what a meme hd600 shithole this is

see you tomorrow

>tfw trying to get a hair off a driver with your shakey fuck hands and anxiety

AHAHAHA
HOLY SHIT THIS CAN'T BE REAL

Attached: kaos2.jpg (433x230, 28K)

brace against something hard and lever with your arm

its floor user, hes a buypig

don't fit everyone who spends money into the same group as him, learn some damn nuance for fucks sake

What are some cheap headphones that don't leak? I need something comfortable for listening to music at work, but in-ear earbuds are uncomfy as fuck, and my SHP9500s (which ARE comfy) leak too much noise for the office.

Attached: 1400273694084.gif (462x325, 1.98M)

HD600 is probably what you're looking for. How are you powering them?

Just got these this week

Attached: beyerdynamic_dt250_1.jpg (550x550, 31K)

no amp or nothing, just plugging into my work PC headphone jack

Nothing is worse than /gsg/

>Cheap
Idiot Sennheiser shill

My takstar pro 82 arrived.

Good stuff, thanks to the user who recommended it.

Oh you should probably consider getitng an amp and a DAC to power them if you really want good performance then. I'd recommend looking into Schiit's amp/DACs like the Fulla which should pair nicely with your new HD600.

How are they? Which impedance?

Baka Sennheiser shill

Dumb falseflagger.

no, i need cheap. dont wanna buy anything extra.

Stax

Start with the HD600 and then re-evalute a few months from now. Bookmark here just for your own reference:

schiit.com/products

You're getting memed, friend.

Attached: 1525661537071.png (603x432, 345K)

well wtf. i don't even need great quality headphones, they just need to be comfortable and not leak, and as cheap as possible.

Attached: p09SotC.jpg (3120x2340, 908K)

>Cheap
Shill Sennheiser Dumb

They're regularly on sale.

How much for the NVX XPT100/Brainwavz HM5/etc. in your part of the world? Same OEM design, but regional brands have it cheaper.

don't know. i'm in USA.

maybe what i'm asking for doesn't exist. by cheap i was thinking under $50.

Attached: GIsos.jpg (796x928, 164K)

garbage thread, again

I've been using Sony MDR V6 for about nine years. Saw a sale for a hundred bucks off on Bose QuietComfort25 that apparently brings it down to a decent price range so I jumped on it. I'm not looking for insane audio quality, but do these things have decent sound quality for 150 bucks?

garbage

Hm, XPT 100 should be comfortable for most users. But I see it for 80 new. Could be cheaper if you get it used or something, but not everyone can deal with that.

ebay.com/p/NVX-Audio-XPT100-Studio-Over-ear-Headphones-W-COMFORTMAX-Earpads/2254405433

based

user wants cheap, dumdum Sennheiser shill