CPU VS APU

Anyone have any insight on a AMD Athlon X4 880k vs AMD A10-7890K im cpu is bottlenecking and i want to update my cpu. specs are in the picture. I know fm2+ is a dead cpu socket type but its what i got. Or anyone know the best fm2+ processor available

Attached: specs.jpg (658x487, 50K)

RX 560 is much faster than any APU. Also both are shit. Get a Ryzen instead.

A SSD could also greatly help ypur computer.

I dont think Ryzen has any cpus that are fm2+, I know either arent great but i dont have many upgrade options

FM2 is dead

There are no upgrade options if you want to stay on this socket. If you want more performance, get a new one.

I dont wanna stay on this socket but money lol any budget option advice?

Those two are the same CPU, but the 880K doesn't have the graphics enabled.
My guess is that the 7890K is better quality silicon (all components intact, probably came from center of silicon wafer), and should overclock better. That would point towards it being the best possible CPU for the FM2+ socket. The 880K would of course be cheaper, with negligibly reduced OC potential.

On the other hand, if you can overclock your A8-7600 to 4.2GHz, it will perform identically to a 7890K or 880K, as the CPU section of the die is the same architecture in the same configuration. The only difference being that yours is clocked lower.

Get a second hand Sandy/Ivy Bridge OEM system and plonk your RX 560 into it.

Thanks for the feedback think I'm actually gonna go for some kind of am3+ cpu

That's a horrible idea. AM3+ chips are outdated garbage too. Just save your money until you can afford a Ryzen setup. Or at least go for something better that's older, like a Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell setup. You're just spunking away what little money you have trading one pile of shit for another.

This. I bought a i5-3550 for 35 €, got a board with a Pentium for 10 € for it. 2 GB RAM for free. Just add in another 4 GB and youre fine.

Obviously lacks any modern ports including SATA3, if you want more, just buy a Rzyen.

These, Ryzen or a 2-4 year old intel i5 will roughly double your CPU power. Don't be afraid to buy used. GPUs, PSUs, fans, and storage are they only components you should buy new.

Attached: Speccy.png (507x441, 22K)

>On the other hand, if you can overclock your A8-7600 to 4.2GHz, it will perform identically to a 7890K or 880K, as the CPU section of the die is the same architecture in the same configuration. The only difference being that yours is clocked lower.

a8-7600 has toothpaste, 7890K and probably Athlon 880K too are soldered.

>GPUs should be bought new
no

When Prices fall, I bought my 480 for $240 right now just don't buy anything.

You can buy used SSDs and GPUs as well. Just check SMART values and warranty.

Is am4 that much more superior?

>apu

Attached: 1515102807673.jpg (657x527, 56K)

Kek

You can't stay on that socket, you'll waste more money than you'll save

In starting to releaize that :( found some great deals on am3+ stuff but idk if it's worth it, am4 is pricey and I would have to get rid of all the ddr3 I have

Fucking hell op don't buy am3. Sell your ddr3 or use it for a server or something

For 400 what's an ideal cpu motherboard combo then

Probably a used 1600.

Maybe ASUS Prime, 1600 and 8 GB RAM. Sell yours.

You have to OC manually. You can use basic DDR4 2133, OC to about 3000. Just set it to 1.35 V. If you get Samsung RAMs you are lucky, sometimes the cheap RAMs even contain unbinned B-Dies. The main problem here, they are not binned, so one may do 3200 while the other does only 3000 at the same voltage/timings.

Also:
>Inb4 "I have 16 GB RAM now"
DDR4 will be almost twice as fast. RAm doesnt really matter if paired with such a shitty CPU, yours would be around the range of my old Phenom 975.

Yes. It's a superior platform and will be supported for years. Anything else is throwing money away at this point.

Seriously seriously seriously get a new motherboard AM4+ and throw a 2200g into it.

All of the FM2 quad cores perform the same

Gotta love Hitachi's HDD temps

You could build a new 2200g Apu build and have around rx550 graphics for about $300...do that

7650K has toothpaste and pretty much every one of them does 4.4 GHz with adequate air cooling (ie. the stock cooler if you don't mind a fucking jet engine, a Wraith or a entry level tower)
Just OC the 7600 as much as you can and then move on to a Ryzen
You could try to find a really cheap X4 845 if you don't want to OC and stick to the platform, or a really cheap K APU if you are willing to OC

All of them are no real upgrades. Even the 8350 struggles. If he really needs to upgrade, there is no other choice than a Ryzen.