How often do you get bullied/micromanaged at work?

How often do you get bullied/micromanaged at work?

Attached: wagekek.jpg (600x333, 49K)

The guy that headed the department let me have two monitors, but then he got fired. The cunt that runs it now told me I couldn't have two and took one away. Why are women so fucking bad at management?

I am not micro managed. I'm pretty much allowed to do what I see fit either than occasionally working toward a couple quarterly goals, which I put up anyhow.

>work in an open floor plan
>never micromanaged or bothered
It's ok. I hate the unrelenting noise and distraction if I take off my noise canceling headphones.

What was the reasoning behind this? I don't understand how taking a monitor off you is beneficial to anyone.

I can understand how she would not allow you to add another one but if you already had two then who cares?

They think that being alpha is the same as being a cunt

The new manager established rules to establish a hierarchy. I would have done the same. What did you do to earn their respect?

you are a pining beta and don't understand measurable organizational value. I truly hope you never become employed, much less as middle management. wild to think that Dwight Schrute bugpeople like you exist!

Attached: my ancestor.png (613x544, 159K)

I'm already top management and your sense of entitlement is on the way out. Enjoy the job search.

Attached: ohohohohohohohohohohohohoho.gif (499x374, 493K)

Trolling aside, engaging in these sorts of petty pissing contests is a great way to drive talented people out of your organization while keeping the mediocre ones. People who are good and know they're good are going to say "fuck this, I don't need to work for these cunts, I can go anywhere else and probably get a decent pay increase by switching anyways". People who know they're already on thin ice are going to respond with a tepid "y-you're the boss, w-whatever you s-say" and go back to their desk to put out more mediocre work.

I work with some autist faggot who likes to passively aggressively point out every little mistake I make in front of people. I ask him questions now in front of everyone like if he has a girlfriend, why he never takes vacation days, what he does on weekends, etc. He deserves it for being such a little uppity fuck.

I end up micromanaging people because they're fucking retarded. My boss said he's looking to promote me.

Fucking this!

>upper management
>posts on Jow Forums
yeah, right.

Attached: upper-management.jpg (259x194, 4K)

my workplace lets devs have whatever they want (including ordering shit if they don't have it). Lost productivity is far more expensive than a monitor

>micromanaged
kek

Define "micromanaged"

This is thought process of everyone that thinks of the world in alphas and betas. The monitor thing is fucked though, I would be fuming.

Yes, i get macromanaged too

Where I’m working currently, I never get micromanaged, because I’m so far ahead of schedule and dumping good design ideas on top. Most of the time the guy doing the mockups for the UI I was supposed to build was actually the bottle neck.

Anyways, the job I worked before, our manager was some guy who didn’t really into management; he was self-made, started out as a programmer without a degree and went on to found that startup with two business guys. He was always nitpicking technical details in sprint plannings, almost unable to just trust in the programmers to implement a sensible solution, it was horrible.
There was a story with him similar to the two-screens thing told above. When we moved into new offices (that he was pretty proud of), he insisted on keeping that office’s complete furniture, even though we had had pretty nice chairs and all in the old office. The chairs in the new office didn’t even have armrests, but he liked that they were "design." Also the cushion was really slippery artificial leather so it was hard to keep your sitting position, you constantly felt like you were sliding off the chair. Terrible.
I brought these chairs up with him personally, I brought these chairs up with the really well-payed and experienced scrum master we had by then, and I brought it up with some woman that got hired to improve "culture" and bring in more hires. The latter responded something along the lines of, yeah, I certainly wasn’t the only one bothered, but well, it was certainly a difficult topic…
That killed me. Everyone hating these chairs and the manager insisting to keep them because he liked the way they LOOKED.

Continued:

But I suspect there may have been more to that. We actually had a parent company by then and it had been them who’d supplied the great and ergonomic chairs in the old office. When we moved out, they were given to another company that had been sharing that office with, which was a kinda sister company founded by the same people. (So my manager was also involved with them, but it was still privately owned.) Probably he didn’t want to ask the chairs back, but he also couldn’t ask our parent company for another batch, because he technically hadn’t really been allowed to give them away.

>be spic
>get job working night shift at plastic molding plant
>only me, another spic lady, and filipino supervisor
>first two months go by great
>get assigned new supervisor
>5'3" white balding manlet with beer gut
>always breathing down my neck
>always goes on about how he has many years of experience in manufactoring
>does not trust me or spic girl to do anything so production comes to a halt
>three weeks later get fed up with this
>spic lady and I come up with a plan
>tell HR that supervisor is making racist remarks about latinos
>say they'll talk it over with spic lady and supervisor
>next week supervisor is no longer there

If you're reading this Brandon. Never stopped fucking with me, huh? You just couldn't let it go and look what happened. You looked like a dick, fuck you.

Attached: BC073E56-00BD-49D5-8E41-37D63AE883C3-7285-00000208B2D1E08E.jpg (353x311, 19K)

Manager abandons his actual role by instead of telling you what functionality (under what constraints) you should implement, tells you how exactly what and how to build it like "ok so you put in one class that does this and another that does *that* and we’re going to cache this stuff on disk as xml because I think JSON isn’t as good to handle in Java, the parsers just aren’t as mature and also I don’t want to use a library to do this caching, it’s too heavyweight, just write like some small library yourself that writes this to disk that we can also use in that other project and it could also have that other functionality in that library man that would be so nice" etc.

Never.
I grew balls when i was 5.

Thanks for the explanation.

Seems like I micromanage my manual labour workers a lot. (Not a programmer)

You worked at a plastic molding plant. The fact that a single one of you posts on Jow Forums is astounding. Brandon will not read this.

You did good m8

It was the boss move to destroy previous bosses shit in order to secure your hegemony with you own shit.

>Work as sysad
>Three of my coworkers spend two hours trying to figure out why they can't remote into one of our DCs
>I look at event viewer
>Disk space full
>Remove useless shit
>Problem solved, took me 10 minutes
>Call them retards and walk away

Feels good to be the bully

Can't u just bring your own in

Gay

I ain't reading all that blog shit nigger

>work

I'm terrible at my job desu and everyone talks shit about me for it, but I never get fired.

Probably some kind of female emotional muh eqwalitay bullshit

I told my manager to fuck off and called him a son of a bitch then got praised by my coworkers and promoted the following years.
This is what you get when you're not afraid of loosing your job.
Yes I'm that guy. The guy that speak loudly in the open space, the guy that tell you to fuck off in front of everyone and browse Jow Forums instead of working.

Carefull with those over extended periods, the noise is not there, but the presure sure is.

I don't get micromanaged because I produce results. If you treat every task with the same priority you will get cucked and rightfully so.

I bully my boss with my autistic passive aggressive shitstorms

And then everyone stood up and applauded.

Also got naked for some reverse gang bang.