Learn Perl?

So I started learning Applescript but I realized it was useless. Then I started learning C and realized C is hard as fuck. I am not going to give up on C but what would be a good beginner programming language to learn? Perl has a lot of free resources and dosen't look too difficult, what language should I start with for making applications on Mac?

Attached: 1526346301319.jpg (480x482, 51K)

You're probably better off learning python desu

Is this easier than Perl? Perl has a whole website called LearnPerl I'm using at the moment but if Python is better I'll learn Python

>Is this easier than Perl
yes, perl has a bad rep for looking like symbol noise while Jow Forums hates python because its easy to make shit in

If I paint my PC black will it commit more crimes than any other race?

>Applescript
seems like you are from 1990's
welcome to 2018

What drives somebody to learn Applescript, C and then Perl in that order? What's the next language you're gonna learn, Pascal? COBOL?

Just because you can write line noise in perl doesnt make it the only way you can write perl.
Perl is so expressive that it can become even more readable than python.
Please dont repeat memes

>C is hard as fuck
You should probably give up altogether. Basic C is very easy to understand. Not trying to be a dick but if you cant even get through that stuff you're probably a lazy idiot.

if this is your first language you should stick with c and build a few things first before switching to perl or another language

>Perl is so expressive that it can become even more readable than python.
Do you have a real world example?

Bugzilla
Cloc
Alot of the cpan modules
Also check out perlintro for the basics

>Is this easier than Perl?
>limit yourself from learning something by defining if its easier or harder than what you learn

no python is the easiest shit you should learn and its powerful and if you know python you will be able to learn other languages faster as you will have basics of how strings/functions/variables works
>inb4 no {} from someone
nobody gives a shit about ; and {}

What exactly don't you understand?
Pointers?

any source or books i should read to learn calculus? i mean all i know is -+/*, logic, an the order of -+/*. where do i beggin from even

Also if you are interested in writing good perl, perl best practices by damian conway ia a good place to start

Perl is THE dynamically typed language, son.
You'll find no extraneous declarations here, just pure clean readable code.

That being said, use strict;
use warnings;
are your friends. If you don't know much code, dealing with variable scope and locality is something you can play around with at a later time.
Perl's biggest strength's are still the regexs and string parsing, along with the massive amount of modules in CPAN and 20+ years of use in industry in it's current state, all make Perl one of the better languages to start with.

Get your feet wet first before moving over to Python/Ruby or C#/Java
It's not the hot new language of the week, but you can knock out all the trivial programming problems and sys admin tasks with it in a handful of lines of code.

Basic math < geometry < trigonometric functions < matrices/linear algebra < derivatives & integral calculus < modern algebra/numerical analysis

sudo dnf remove perl*

Perl is recommended by hackers and noobs alike, you made a good choice

kys, poems have been made in Perl

Perl is one of the fastest ways to write scripts that work right now. If you need to modify your code later you'll probly have to rewrite it completely, but it will be very fast. Today it's generally considered a replacement for bash scripting and not other programming.

In 2018 CPAN has a more limited selection of libraries than it did in the past so perl doesn't really have any advantages over other stuff like python or lua or anything else. On the other hand, there's 30 year old perl code in production today that can't be deciphered to replace it. Perl is everywhere since 1988, python is only everywhere since like 2005.

If I paint my PC white, will it become a better cracker?

If I paint my PC black will it dindu nuffin?
>Tripcode
I know a good site for attention whoring

Python is a better starter choice. Quite easy, plenty of resources to learn from, libraries to do almost anything, popular in industry.

You mad white boy?

pic rel is stupid. everyone knows that red is the fastest color

You better take off that tripcode nigger boy

You guys convinced me, how to learn Perl?

Just give up please, C is the simplest you could use to learn programming